Scotland Lets Just Face It.....

Captain Scarlett

Captain Scarlett

Lets be honest with ourselves. As a nation we aren't really that good. We got 2 good results against France last year but Look a France now. They are terrible at the moment. We beat an aging France squad and everyone expects big things. Id just like to remind everyone that we are Scotland, we shouldnt expect to qualify for every major tournament, We have a small pool of players to choose from and a lot of them aint that good. This maybe a wake up call but in my opinion its the truth. Norway hammered us last time so a draw was probably a good result for us in reality but everyone is on their high horse thinking we are an amazing footballing nation....WE ARE NOT. We are mediocre so lets forget about this disappointment and look forward to doing things the traditional scottish way.............THE HARD WAY.

maroonlegions
Lets be honest with ourselves. As a nation we aren't really that good. We got 2 good results against France last year but Look a France now. They are terrible at the moment. We beat an aging France squad and everyone expects big things. Id just like to remind everyone that we are Scotland, we shouldnt expect to qualify for every major tournament, We have a small pool of players to choose from and a lot of them aint that good. This maybe a wake up call but in my opinion its the truth. Norway hammered us last time so a draw was probably a good result for us in reality but everyone is on their high horse thinking we are an amazing footballing nation....WE ARE NOT. We are mediocre so lets forget about this disappointment and look forward to doing things the traditional scottish way.............THE HARD WAY.

nothing like looking on the bright side eh.:rolleyes:

Jambof3tornado
nothing like looking on the bright side eh.:rolleyes:

Nothing bright about Kirk Boradfoot being selected for your national side!!!;)

maroonlegions
Nothing bright about Kirk Boradfoot being selected for your national side!!!;)

true but one player does not make a team, while i admit we lack quality and depth in strength its not all doom and gloom, Burley got it wrong yesterday and so many times the players with quality :rolleyes:, often fail to deliver i bet you Darren Fletcher scores for UTD and has a cracking game the next tim he plays for them, same old ,same old eh.:cool:

The Old Tolbooth

I think too much was made of our campaign last time out, I love to see the English losing simply because of the way they hype things up, but if I'm being honset, or media is 10 times worse! They over hyped things last time and now we expect to beat countries who are better than us, it's wrong.

Last time out we were very lucky to beat the French in both games, as well as being very lucky in a few other games too, we simply punched well above our weight, which was magnified greatly with lady luck on our side.

We're a very average side with very average players, but it doesn't help when the GFA appoint a manager because they can get him "cheap", Burley hasn't got a clue about international management and should stick to club football.

I think too much was made of our campaign last time out, I love to see the English losing simply because of the way they hype things up, but if I'm being honset, or media is 10 times worse! They over hyped things last time and now we expect to beat countries who are better than us, it's wrong.

Last time out we were very lucky to beat the French in both games, as well as being very lucky in a few other games too, we simply punched well above our weight, which was magnified greatly with lady luck on our side.

We're a very average side with very average players, but it doesn't help when the GFA appoint a manager because they can get him "cheap", Burley hasn't got a clue about international management and should stick to club football.

Agreed --- putting things into perspective, we only finished just ahead of Lithuania despite taking six points from them. Embarrassing that this supposedly Herculean achievement was recognised in the BBC sports personality awards, where McLeish was in the frame for manager of the year award. Like it or not gallant losers and also rans is how others now perceive us.

scotland are pesh in the grand scheme of things, and a few hard realisations may soon dawn on the plonkers employed by gutter media sources reagrding that.

during the last campaign, i saw no end of george foulkes-esque bragging about how scotland had suddenly become one of the big boys. in reality we had done no such thing of course, all that had happened was that scotland had strung a decent run together, including a couple of hard fought but slightly fortunate wins vs an ageing and deflated french team.

scotland have some good players, the likes of mcfadden, fletcher, robson, gordon... but we are unlikely to ever have the kind of quality and strength in depth required to become one of the big boys.

unfortunately, the unhelpful chest beating of a hysterical gutter media perhaps raised expectations for the latest campaign. scotland have always been better to adopt the attitude that we are underdogs.

scotland are pesh in the grand scheme of things, and a few hard realisations may soon dawn on the plonkers employed by gutter media sources reagrding that.

during the last campaign, i saw no end of george foulkes-esque bragging about how scotland had suddenly become one of the big boys. in reality we had done no such thing of course, all that had happened was that scotland had strung a decent run together, including a couple of hard fought but slightly fortunate wins vs an ageing and deflated french team.

scotland have some good players, the likes of mcfadden, fletcher, robson, gordon... but we are unlikely to ever have the kind of quality and strength in depth required to become one of the big boys.

unfortunately, the unhelpful chest beating of a hysterical gutter media perhaps raised expectations for the latest campaign. scotland have always been better to adopt the attitude that we are underdogs.

Sorry, iain- dont think for one moment Scotand are "pish"

No Harlem globetrotters, thats a given - but not "pish"

I don't get all the doom and gloom. I really hope the SFA perservere with GB as I believe he's trying to get us playing the right way. We still have players to come back into the squad and there are others out there, dare I say Riordan, Naismith, Burke, Adam, that may still play a part in this campaign. I don't think we should be pushing he panic button yet as if, and I know it's a big if, we get any kind of result in Holland we're right back in it and still have Macedonia and Iceland at home. We're probably two points off where we want to be right now and the break untill the next game has come just at the right time in my opinion.

Archived