The world's gone mad

shaun.lawson

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1076183/Good-Samaritan-threatened-arrest-organising-whip-round-pensioners-115-penalty-fare.html

I just listened to this story on Five Live. Apologies for the link to a Daily Heil article - but for heavens sake!

good on him, something similar was happening the last time i went down to london on the train but after much explaining to the gaurd on the train the two women behind me on the train where let off even tho it was the train companies fault.

Anyone who believes the right wing propaganda in the Daily Mail is clearly retarded.

I listened to the story on Five Live - this isn't propaganda!

Disgraceful state of affairs from train company.What a complete jobsworth this conducter is and how can you compere it with begging.Fair play to the guy trying to help as how many people would have ignored the situation.:eek:

Horatio Caine

I heard it too Shaun on Radio 5 last night. Couldn't believe it. Public spiritedness goes out of the window. (oh wait I forgot - you can't open train windows any more).

Tabloid crap. Staff member obviously untutored, but no need for the busybody to get all righteous.

Yeah, there is a thread on the Terrace to prove that. :P

I was waiting for that! Still, at least we got as far as the sixth respondent to the thread before it was raised... :)

Tabloid crap. Staff member obviously untutored, but no need for the busybody to get all righteous.

It's so nice to see you have your priorities right. :rolleyes:

I was waiting for that! Still, at least we got as far as the sixth respondent to the thread before it was raised... :)

Yeah, i will never get my head around some folk being excited at the immenent return of Robbie Neilson. ;)

Once the police had been put in the picture they walked away.'

So not really much of a story then..:wacko:

"Pensioner on Wrong Train Ticket Fiasco"..........:dozey:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1076183/Good-Samaritan-threatened-arrest-organising-whip-round-pensioners-115-penalty-fare.html

I just listened to this story on Five Live. Apologies for the link to a Daily Heil article - but for heavens sake!

2 points:

1.The lack of respect for the elderly in our society is nothing short of sickening

2.Trains are so expensive, we should start boycotting them until they re-structure their prices.

For goodness sake you can fly for a fraction of the cost and a fraction of the time

2 points:

1.The lack of respect for the elderly in our society is nothing short of sickening

2.Trains are so expensive, we should start boycotting them until they re-structure their prices.

For goodness sake you can fly for a fraction of the cost and a fraction of the time

Do you not think number 2 might be related to why all the airlines are going bust?:eek:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Another jobsworth.

Always the same with folk in insignificant roles .... they need to do something to prove their worth.

Ask any traffic wardens or stewards at football matches.

Another jobsworth.

Always the same with folk in insignificant roles .... they need to do something to prove their worth.

:Agree:

Or referees. Give someone a badge and a bit of petty authority and they turn into Genghis Khan.

Walter Payton
2 points:

I've actually found myself using the train far more often recently when travelling for business as they're more comfortable, cheaper and often don't take much longer to reach your destination.

It's sad though that this train manager has felt the need to "enforce the rules" with this pensioner. I've quite often jumped on an earlier train than my ticket was valid for (knowing the company would pay for a new ticket if it came to that), but I've never been asked to buy a new ticket. I guess it's easier to confront a pensioner than a young bloke in a suit though...

The People's Chimp
Another jobsworth.

Yip, another petty jobsworth making life difficult for others. What a nob.

hmm, remnds me of a time i was on a train with a certain person who frequents this site.... On way back from a game both leggless the said person decides to re-decorate the toilet with bile.... the guard clicks on to who's done it and pulls said person up for it.....expected to get lifted but he eventually cleared off which is amazing as we were on the wrong train without a return ticket in the first place!!!!! result

hmm, remnds me of a time i was on a train with a certain person who frequents this site.... On way back from a game both leggless the said person decides to re-decorate the toilet with bile.... the guard clicks on to who's done it and pulls said person up for it.....expected to get lifted but he eventually cleared off which is amazing as we were on the wrong train without a return ticket in the first place!!!!! result

Utter filth!

:rolleyes:

Good on the lad for making a stand.

On a side note, check the link on that page to the Wonderbra article with Katie Green... :eek::dribble::heartpump:

Archived