kris boyd

Guest jambomickey

Guest jambomickey

what's his problem with managers? alex mcleish, walter smith and now george burley are reluctant to throw him into big games, i know his work rate is poor but he guarantees goals and surely today was the day we needed him on the park. discuss folks

what's his problem with managers? alex mcleish, walter smith and now george burley are reluctant to throw him into big games, i know his work rate is poor but he guarantees goals and surely today was the day we needed him on the park. discuss folks

My sentiments too Mickey: I think past comments about him not being a complete player from Smith, Le Guen etc., have impacted on other managers. I'd have him on from the start every week.......I doubt he'll be at the orange bowl after next season. Wonder if he fancies a game for the boys...;)

I think you only think hios workrate is poor, becuase you have read in rag redtops that it is.

He appears to work just as hard as any other player I watch in Scotland, and would have him in ours and the national team in a heartbeat.

Guest jambomickey
I think you only think hios workrate is poor, becuase you have read in rag redtops that it is.

He appears to work just as hard as any other player I watch in Scotland, and would have him in ours and the national team in a heartbeat.

he's a lazy player! but there's no doubt i'd have him in my scotland and hearts team because he guarantees goals

letsalllaughathobos

mabye lifestyle outside work or something on the training ground.

it sure is strange i think mcfadden/miller would be the best type of player to pair him with.

my personal opinion is that he has quite a lavish lifestyle.

he would be a starter for me everytime, whether that be for hearts or scotland.

i would love him to come to tynie exatly what we could do with right now.

he's a lazy player! but there's no doubt i'd have him in my scotland and hearts team because he guarantees goals

he definately is lazy, darren fletcher was on changing rooms this morning on soccer am, and when he was asked who the worst trainer was he said straight away kris boyd, he hardly moves nevers runs or chases anybody. so maybe this is what he is like at the huns aswell. still he is a proven scorer and an old fashioned poacher i would have him all day long.:)

The Old Tolbooth

7 goals in 15 games for Scotland is a bloody good record, and some of them were as a sub! Instead gorgeous George plays an over rated hobo, and gives a debut to a 30 year old guy in a game we needed to win ffs!

I couldn't believe he hooked McFadden also, WTF????? If one man has the ability to make something special happen for Scotland then it's him, and the obvious choice would have been to bring on Boyd and play him with McFadden up front to feed off each other.

For the record I thought Maloney was outstanding today, and whilst that may stick in the throat of some people on this board, I'm afraid I'm big enough to give credit where it's due, and he was deffo man of the match for me.

The Sat night edition of the Sunday Mail says he is on the verge of quitting international football.

Seymour M Hersh

It's a strange one isn't it. He's scored 7 goals in 14 appearance for Scotland but a rookie gets the shout before him. Obviously not just a Burley thing as two Scotland managers before him blanked him as well to a greater or lesser degree.

As for the horrible miss I'm sure I just heard GB say 99 times out of 10 you score there!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Fozzyonthefence
The Sat night edition of the Sunday Mail says he is on the verge of quitting international football.

Maybe not too wise - he won't get a game for Ramgers either so maybe he should keep his options open

It is strange in that all of these managers who are all decent managers will not play him. The only reason I can think of is that he just doesn't contribute except to score, which may seem a strange thing to say but I don't really think he even likes to run about that much. He might get more of a game if we were not playing 4-5-1 all thetime but even then I don't think you can have passengers like Boyd in internationals.

Also should be noted that he isn't even getting a regular game for Rangers either, so I don't know why he thinks quitting internationals will make a difference, maybe he should be finding out why managers will not play him and try working on that instead.

7 goals in 15 games for Scotland is a bloody good record, and some of them were as a sub! Instead gorgeous George plays an over rated hobo, and gives a debut to a 30 year old guy in a game we needed to win ffs!

I couldn't believe he hooked McFadden also, WTF????? If one man has the ability to make something special happen for Scotland then it's him, and the obvious choice would have been to bring on Boyd and play him with McFadden up front to feed off each other.

For the record I thought Maloney was outstanding today, and whilst that may stick in the throat of some people on this board, I'm afraid I'm big enough to give credit where it's due, and he was deffo man of the match for me.

As I said on a different thread I think McFadden deserved to get hooked, he wasn't playing that well. Agree with you about Maloney, he was excellent today. The subs both did well so I don't think that it was that bad a decision, just unfortunate for Iwelumo that he missed such a sitter - but he played well otherwise.

Nowt to do with Boyd, but did any Scotland player deliver a decent corner in today?

I can't remember any.

It is true what Nevin said tonight if Scotland are going to play the way Burley wants them to ie getting plenty of crosses into the box surely 4-4-2 with Iwelomo and Boyd is the best way to go.Play McFadden on the left,Fletcher on the right and Brown and Hartley in the middle.

just had a glance at the sunday mail i think on the way home. krid boyd has said he does want to play for burley again, burley is gonna end up losing a few players i think.

I have had the misfortune to meet "Special K"

It was at the SPL end of season party, the day we lost 2-1 at Ibrox, the day "we read the papers" cos Rangers didn't qualify for Europe.

He dislikes Heats intensly, he is an odious d!ck, who is self centered, and while his goals ratio is decent, he is not a team player, nor a good FOOTBALL player.

Everyone is entitled to their opionion, thats why we have forums, but having met him, I'm sorry, I..like the managers mentioned previously, wouldn't have the workshy fop in my team.

Captain Scarlett

he is a finisher and thats all we needed today. Lets face it Robbo wasn't really a hard worker on the pitch was he? He was a great poacher, great goalscorer. If boysd was at hearts he would be the closest thing to robbo since JR retired!!!

Archived