Chris Iwelumo

Ryan Gosling

Malinga the Swinga

Looking to play in premiership and will be on high wages. Would also be nice if he could kick ball straight from 3 yards out.

Yeah he did miss a sitter, but I would take him. Definately better than what weve got!

Mole,Makela,Nade,Tulberg,anyone would have scored that chance.

Do you think he was unlucky? Gash.

Guest juvehearts

how could he not just throw his whole body at that shot i just dont know?

thats what i would have done, just to make sure it went in (myself included)

Mole,Makela,Nade,Tulberg,anyone would have scored that chance.

any one of them could have missed it as well,i put it down to bad luck.

the stone rose

really good player, who would do a massive job for us. Is out of our league though i think. I find the people who have decided he is crap based on missing that shot laughable.:rolleyes: Yes he should have scored that but he's certainly not the first to miss a shot like that and certainly not the last time.

rudi must stay
Worth a punt? Could do a job IMO.

_45099903_chris226pa.jpg

probably could. He has scored alot of goals recently. Hopefully he isn't made the scapegoat, we were crap today

I agree, i just feel sorry for the guy cause i know 99/100 he would have scored. I have seen him play for Wolves and is definately a good player!

ToadKiller Dog

Yes he should have scored ,but that apart he hardly missed a header and knocked down plenty balls for others to do nothing with.

He is more than worth another go ,but i expect the glasgow press to try to destroy the guy over the next week.

I agree, i just feel sorry for the guy cause i know 99/100 he would have scored. I have seen him play for Wolves and is definately a good player!

also i think burley should have played him from start,as he would have had 2 or 3 other chances in game and would have converted one of them,far too cautious playing one up front IMO.

Yes he should have scored ,but that apart he hardly missed a header and knocked down plenty balls for others to do nothing with.

He is more than worth another go ,but i expect the glasgow press to try to destroy the guy over the next week.

Radio Scotland has already started.

Malinga the Swinga

Whilst ignoring the fact the old firm centre halfs are crap and that Sean Maloney is not an international footballer now, nor will he ever be one. Failed at Villa, back at Celtic for a few weeks and hey presto, starts for Scotland. He is gash.

Whilst ignoring the fact the old firm centre halfs are crap and that Sean Maloney is not an international footballer now, nor will he ever be one. Failed at Villa, back at Celtic for a few weeks and hey presto, starts for Scotland. He is gash.

I am sick of seeing this guy play for Scotland.

Worse stepovers than Lee Wallace, loses the ball constantly, lightweight little diving sap. How he stayed on the field today was beyond belief.:eek:

MacDonald Jardine

Uh huh.

Do you really think Berra would have been more solid?

And who plays instead of Maloney?

if your any good you dont get your international debut at 30

Tosh McKinlay, Colin Calderwood, Roberto Mussi, Donato etc

His age isn't the problem, the problem is Scotland managed to create a sum total of one chance at home to ****ing Norway.

Tosh McKinlay, Colin Calderwood, Roberto Mussi, Donato etc

His age isn't the problem, the problem is Scotland managed to create a sum total of one chance at home to ****ing Norway.

A goal is a goal. A miss is a miss. A great goal is a joy to watch but still can be cancelled out by a tap-in. A terrible miss is still just a miss. I prefer to judge a player on 90 minutes or however long he is on the park than one split-second.

A goal is a goal. A miss is a miss. A great goal is a joy to watch but still can be cancelled out by a tap-in. A terrible miss is still just a miss. I prefer to judge a player on 90 minutes or however long he is on the park than one split-second.

Pretty much my feelings on it, it was a shocking miss but his overall performance wasn't bad and given how he's playing and played at club to write him off would be rediculous.

Malinga the Swinga
Uh huh.

We will never know for sure, but I do think he could time his jumps better. Instead of Maloney, we could have tried Boyd/Fletcher or CI up front with McFadden wide. Presume Commons was injured, so why not play Robson out wide on right and let Hartley play midfield.

It's not the fact he is a wee scroat who cheats and dives, it is he wasn't quoted for a year to two years and was failing at Villa, yet 6 weeks at Celtic and he returns as a conquering hero. He is gash.

Dr Ian Malcolm

He gave us something different today - mainly a proper target man that held up/ brought other players in to play. Gives Scotland another dimension.

That chance howver - had my head in the hands for a good 5 minutes. Not wanting to crucify the guy but lets be honest - if he'd just let it hit in the balls it still would have gone in.

Felt sorry for him, and Burley for that matter. Apart from the miss he added something to our attack.

If he had scored, then Burley would be a hero for making a match-winning substitution. That's football.

Would certainly have him at Hearts but think he must be out of our range, surely.

Uh huh.

Think Berra could have done a better job than DW today, to old to slow.

Boyd would have netted from 3-4 yards out .

I think he was.

He should have buried it, but he didn't.

Bet you wouldn't have even farted if given the same chance.

Then again - you're just a nobody with a big mouth, eh?

I think he was.

He should have buried it, but he didn't.

Bet you wouldn't have even farted if given the same chance.

Then again - you're just a nobody with a big mouth, eh?

Then again, perhaps TW isnt paid a large sum to slot a easy chance away !

Then again, perhaps TW isnt paid a large sum to slot a easy chance away !

How much was Iwelumo paid today then?

I bet he's a wage thief.

:rolleyes:

Toxteth O'Grady

_45099903_chris226pa.jpg

I can't believe you posted this after he missed that sitter.

I'll be honest and say I didn't watch the game and I only saw his miss on the news but FFS my Granny could have scored that.

I can't believe you posted this after he missed that sitter.

I'll be honest and say I didn't watch the game and I only saw his miss on the news but FFS my Granny could have scored that.

I think he was taking he ****. At least I hope he was.

Could definately do a job for Hearts. He could fill the "gash striker" role perfectly.

Utter Pish and out of his depth!

How Boyd didnae get on in front of him and Fletcher I'll never know! Burley is doing his past reputation no good as far as I am concerned!

Bad Luck? wtf!.... folk say 9 times out of 10 he would score that... i would hope 10 times out of 10 he would score that! :eek:

Basically the ball came at him and he didn't sort out his feet. Even then he should done enough to somehow bundle the ball over. Hands up who thinks Kris Boyd would have missed that? No, didn't think so!

Iwelumo must be one of these strikers "who doesn't score goals" :rolleyes: Get him TF

Pfft. I seem to recall Cristiano Ronaldo missing a similar ridiculous chance a couple seasons ago - it was gutting but he did actually change the game when he came on, good knockdowns and suddenly a strong target-man. It is telling that a lot of the criticisms are from people who just saw the miss and didn't watch the game. Admittedly, he went into his shell a bit after the miss, but still looked more dangerous than most of our players. particularly shaun maloney.

Pfft. I seem to recall Cristiano Ronaldo missing a similar ridiculous chance a couple seasons ago - it was gutting but he did actually change the game when he came on, good knockdowns and suddenly a strong target-man. It is telling that a lot of the criticisms are from people who just saw the miss and didn't watch the game. Admittedly, he went into his shell a bit after the miss, but still looked more dangerous than most of our players. particularly shaun maloney.

Best post on the subject so far.

Iwelumo should have started. Burley is to blame today.

Burley gets the blame for today.

4-5-1 (oh it's a flexible 4-3-3) will not work like that. This isn't the Championship.

Home to Norway, 4-4-2, Boyd and McFadden up front, Fletcher, Brown in the middle, Robson wide left for crosses, Maloney on the other side.

I felt like I was watching Celtic today with the painful 'cut-inside-to-shoot-wingers'. Robson doesn't have the pace to play on that side of the pitch, he needs to play on the left to get the angle right.

It was infuriating.

Apart from the miss, I thought Iwelumo was fine. Offered more than Jughead.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Burley gets the blame for today.

4-5-1 (oh it's a flexible 4-3-3) will not work like that. This isn't the Championship.

Home to Norway, 4-4-2, Boyd and McFadden up front, Fletcher, Brown in the middle, Robson wide left for crosses, Maloney on the other side.

I felt like I was watching Celtic today with the painful 'cut-inside-to-shoot-wingers'. Robson doesn't have the pace to play on that side of the pitch, he needs to play on the left to get the angle right.

It was infuriating.

Apart from the miss, I thought Iwelumo was fine. Offered more than Jughead.

Are you kidding me on?

He missed our bet chance. ****ed our best chance of qualification infact! :mad:

Don't dare blame Burley, he went with the best he could.

Are you kidding me on?

He missed our bet chance. ****ed our best chance of qualification infact! :mad:

Don't dare blame Burley, he went with the best he could.

Then why didn't Boyd play?

Johanes de Silentio

_45099903_chris226pa.jpg

What's going on in that pic? Looks like he's giving himself a right-hander!

Captain Scarlett

feck him. As someone has already mentioned above, i honestly reckon any of our strikers could have scored that....yes even elliott

dont forget the likes of a 40 year old dean windarse were scoring in the championship not so long ago.

Iwelumo = pish

Archived