The Bosnian Bullet.

Munch

Now that the Bullet is nearing fitness, and could possibly be available for first team selection at long last, here is my take on this guy, based on the few games i have seen him playing.

When he first signed there was big expectations after all our record signing i expected him to get the ball go ripping down the wing at the speed of light beat 3 or 4 players before crossing the ball with pin point accuracy for our center forward to header the ball into the net.

In reality what he more often than not tends to do is when he receives a pass he one touch passes to another player nearby and runs to the space to receive a return pass, this however looks as if he treats the ball like a hot potato, and makes the player he passed the ball to look good as he would tend to hold the ball prior to passing.

Bearing in mind Vlad paid 750k for this guy ,he must have seen him playing numerous occasions and he must have looked good for him to part with all that money, is it the case that the Bullet was made to look good by the other players in his previous side because the continental way on playing is one touch quick triangle type football, where over here its more hoof ball, and not so much of a one touch game.

Having seen him play with the exception of the one game versus Dundee Unt, he has looked totally out of place, and a great disappointment.

Is there to be one last swan song for this guy before he runs down his contract, and could the miracle happen and he starts to show some form just before its time for a new contract.:peek_by_Andrin:

Would be shocked if he does not pick up another injury on his latest "comeback"

Politics at the club, or Bez not giving a **** - its been a huge waste of money.

Think he is on his last year?

I don't think we have really seen what Beslija is capable of and I don't know if we ever will. I do know that he isn't the type of winger who will beat 4 guys then cross it, he need to run onto balls put through to him to set up attacks and it will only be this type of play that will bring the best out of him.

I would love to see our record signing do well for us but we'll have to wait and see how he is after all his injuries.

I've only seen him play in two proper games.

Against Sparta Prague at Murrayfield in the absolute ****ing rain. Beslija was great that night, not particularly for skill but for sheer workrate. He was putting himself all over the place when football really wasn't playable.

Against Dundee Utd in that 4-0 win, the whole team played really well and Beslija was a good part of that.

More competition on the wings is good imo because Larry is definitely not putting in the effort and Miko generally plays better when his place is not definite.

Billy the Jambo

We should give him the bullet .He is a waste of space god knows how much he has taken from the club in wages .Tell him to GTF now

I've only seen him play in two proper games.

Against Sparta Prague at Murrayfield in the absolute ****ing rain. Beslija was great that night, not particularly for skill but for sheer workrate. He was putting himself all over the place when football really wasn't playable.

Against Dundee Utd in that 4-0 win, the whole team played really well and Beslija was a good part of that.

More competition on the wings is good imo because Larry is definitely not putting in the effort and Miko generally plays better when his place is not definite.

Miko seems to play better if he comes on as a sub.:eek:

Captain Canada

I'm amazed he's still at the club - another Pinilla just theiving his wages week after week and giving nothing in return! We need to just punt him, Makela, Audrey & Chesney asap because they've been getting paid well for long enough and have done nothing really.

Charlie-Brown

I think he will be punted as soon as the club can get rid off him - either january or the end of his contract ........ he's become a Paul Bernard the 2nd sadly.

I think he will be punted as soon as the club can get rid off him - either january or the end of his contract ........ he's become a Paul Bernard the 2nd sadly.

Rarely could a comparison with Paul Bernard be considered flattery, but you've managed it.

Beslija won't play for Hearts again.

Snake Plissken

My take is that the guy has more threads on here than appearances for the first team by a ratio of 6 to 1.

He won't play for Hearts again although he should have been given a fairer crack of the whip he's been a colossal waste of money.

Johanes de Silentio

Aye, he was unfairly subbed in that game if I remember correctly?

Captain Scarlett

at this moment in time id give anyone a chance at hearts in hope that it would shake things up. Give him a game or two.

at this moment in time id give anyone a chance at hearts in hope that it would shake things up. Give him a game or two.

Agreed, and with his contract up soon, he may show an interest again and find some form, with a nice big juicy new contract to be signed if he does the business on the park.:buttkick:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

He should be ashamed of his time here to be honest.

Has done nothing whatsoever to justify his price tag.

winston churchill
Agreed, and with his contract up soon, he may show an interest again and find some form, with a nice big juicy new contract to be signed if he does the business on the park.:buttkick:

what like stephane adam

Saw a few glimpses of him last season with Sint Truiden and he honestly looked out of place i.e. he did not look interested or even good enough. He is now back, pictured with the reserves, and has no squad number which suggests that the only thing numbered are his days on the payroll.

If anything convinces Vlad that football ownership just isn't working for him then it should be the ?850,000 plus wages he's wasted on this loser.

He'll be spewing at the loss, who can forget the way he and Rodney conducted themselves during transfer negotiations?

A sad, sad episode of Gordan Petric proportions.

Buffalo Bill

Guest jambomickey
If anything convinces Vlad that football ownership just isn't working for him then it should be the ?850,000 plus wages he's wasted on this loser.

He'll be spewing at the loss, who can forget the way he and Rodney conducted themselves during transfer negotiations?

A sad, sad episode of Gordan Petric proportions.

Buffalo Bill

agree wih everything you've just said bb

was given his chance when he was actually fit against dundee united at home and was quality. ripped them to bits and set up juho's goal i think. juho and mole upfront and we scored 4 :o. if we're going to let him go sell him- record signing and he could leave with us getting nothing.

Susie-Jambo-66
was given his chance when he was actually fit against dundee united at home and was quality. ripped them to bits and set up juho's goal i think. juho and mole upfront and we scored 4 :o. if we're going to let him go sell him- record signing and he could leave with us getting nothing.

Yes he was superb that day and what did the management do.

Drop him for the Hibs game the following week.

Maybee he will return next Sunday and get his revenge.:eek:

Didn't he go off injured after headbutting a photographers chair and getting a camera dropped on his head? Or was that against Motherwell?

Susie-Jambo-66
Didn't he go off injured after headbutting a photographers chair and getting a camera dropped on his head? Or was that against Motherwell?

That was not the DU game mate.

He was magic that day and involved in nearly everything.

Gradually, though, Hearts seemed to settle down. Saulius Mikoliunas this week found himself playing on the left-hand side of midfield to accommodate Beslija on the right, and it was his crossfield pass that allowed th Bosnian to shine after twenty minutes. Mirsad controlled the high ball superbly with his head before providing a glimpse of that fabled pace to round Christian Kalvenes and ping in a cross which evaded everyone in the centre.

Another sweet right wing move saw Beslija and Makela combine to set up Ibrahim Tall for a cross which was driven too high and too hard to be of any use to Velicka in the middle.

The goal seemed to free up Hearts and they almost scored again five minutes later. More great work from Beslija and Aguiar set up Mikoliunas from a tight angle at the left-and post, from where the winger smashed the ball high the crossbar.

However, the second goal wasn't too much longer in coming. Again it was good work on the right that allowed the increasingly influential Beslija the space to whip in a cracking cross from midway inside the United half. The ball sailed high over the heads of all the defenders before dropping right onto the toe of Makela, who could scarcely avoid poking it home from three yards.

Beslija and Hartley tried a more cerebral route when they exchanged passes at the edge of the area, but the latter's attempt to slip a cute ball through to the supporting Bednar was thwarted by the alert McCracken. The Scotland midfielder was presented with another opportunity with ten minutes remaining when the magnificent Beslija dispossessed Mark Kerr and set up his midfield partner to try a chip from 30 yards. Stillie was untroubled however as the ball sailed into the Gorgie Stand.

The spinning ball dropped just inside the area where Beslija's attempt to take control was halted illegally by the luckless Archibald. Mr Smith had no hesitation in pointing to the spot, and Paul Hartley showed no mercy as he battered his first goal of the season past the static Stillie.

Top man: Mirsad Beslija

winston churchill

he also fell on his erse against killie -that resulted in them scoring.

Now that the Bullet is nearing fitness, and could possibly be available for first team selection at long last, here is my take on this guy, based on the few games i have seen him playing.

When he first signed there was big expectations after all our record signing i expected him to get the ball go ripping down the wing at the speed of light beat 3 or 4 players before crossing the ball with pin point accuracy for our center forward to header the ball into the net.

In reality what he more often than not tends to do is when he receives a pass he one touch passes to another player nearby and runs to the space to receive a return pass, this however looks as if he treats the ball like a hot potato, and makes the player he passed the ball to look good as he would tend to hold the ball prior to passing.

Bearing in mind Vlad paid 750k for this guy ,he must have seen him playing numerous occasions and he must have looked good for him to part with all that money, is it the case that the Bullet was made to look good by the other players in his previous side because the continental way on playing is one touch quick triangle type football, where over here its more hoof ball, and not so much of a one touch game.

Having seen him play with the exception of the one game versus Dundee Unt, he has looked totally out of place, and a great disappointment.

Is there to be one last swan song for this guy before he runs down his contract, and could the miracle happen and he starts to show some form just before its time for a new contract.:peek_by_Andrin:

Seemingly the pointless wage thief is our 2nd highest earner!

joke! total joke!

get shot of him

Beslija typifies everything that is wrong with VR's mismanagement of our club.

I can't believe there's any Hearts fan out there who still believes he will make a contribution.

Heard Beslija's attitude is rotten, I've never been a fan of "Vlad buys" however for some really weird reason I've a bit of time for Beslija. I know he had a number of rank awful games. He had a stormer against Dundee Uts, M O F M award then dropped the folloing week, management like that can't help.

Guest JamboRobbo
He was a Rix buy

:rofl: of course he was.

thats why Vlad himself said of Rix's signings "he wanted to bring in a couple of players, they were not too expensive, so I let him have them".

Of course Vlad was clearly talking about Makela and our record signing Beslija, not Hackett and Johnson (who were cheap, and were Rix signings, and looked more likely to produce for us than either Makela or Beslija).

:rofl: of course he was.

thats why Vlad himself said of Rix's signings "he wanted to bring in a couple of players, they were not too expensive, so I let him have them".

Of course Vlad was clearly talking about Makela and Beslija, not Hackett and Johnson (who were cheap, and were Rix signings, and looked more likely to produce for us than either Makela or Beslija).

I think that Johnson would have been a decent player for us.

The smears by the ludicrous Rodney Romanov after Johnson went summed up the attitude of the Romanovs perfectly.

Guest JamboRobbo
I think that Johnson would have been a decent player for us.

The smears by the ludicrous Rodney Romanov after Johnson went summed up the attitude of the Romanovs perfectly.

He's certainly a better player than some we have kept.

it just amazes me there are still people making excuses for it, like suggesting Beslija was a Rix signing.

The People's Chimp
We should give him the bullet .He is a waste of space god knows how much he has taken from the club in wages .Tell him to GTF now

waste of a bullet.

get rid asap.

Archived