Charlatans @ The Picturehouse(merged)

grumpyjambo

Who is going?

They have only sold 1200 tickets so tickets will be available at the door.

Working there tonight so I don't need a ticket. ;)

Daydream Believer

Anyone going?

I'm off to my mates for the football shortly then will be heading down to the gig, followed by Citrus and then back to the flat to party on.

Saw them at T in the Park and they were great. Now that Tim is off the drugs they sound way better live than they ever did before.

Edit: Sorry just saw other thread. doesn't look like there's much interest.

Daydream Believer

Yep, really looking forward to it. They were better than ever before at T in the Park. (I thought so anyway, but I wan't in much state to judge)

Are you sure they're available on the door? I might have a few extra mates wanting to come.

Bomber Harris

Remember seeing them just under 20 years ago up in Tollcross, unfortunately the CCS were there in droves and i had one eye on the stage and one eye on them, as usual though they spoiled it as they always used to do when it came to Edinburgh gigs and Nightclubs at the time, picking on small groups of giggers etc etc at the end of the night.

marshallschunkychicken
Anyone going?

I'm off to my mates for the football shortly then will be heading down to the gig, followed by Citrus and then back to the flat to party on.

Saw them at T in the Park and they were great. Now that Tim is off the drugs they sound way better live than they ever did before.

Edit: Sorry just saw other thread. doesn't look like there's much interest.

Yeah, I'm jealous, can't make it.

To be honest, I've been at gigs where Tim Burgess couldn't string two words together between songs, but his singing performance was that good, you wouldn't have a clue he was jellied off his t*ts.

As live bands go, they're the nuts.

They were superb and I am not a fan of them.

Some amount of drunken erses there the night though, one of them set the fire alarm off.

They were superb and I am not a fan of them.

Some amount of drunken erses there the night though, one of them set the fire alarm off.

I was there last night, cracking gig. Tim thought he was Luke Skywalker :)

I was there last night, cracking gig. Tim thought he was Luke Skywalker :)

Yes, either Skywalker or Han Solo.

Fantastic performance, it is a great venue (very pleased to see how good it is), crowd on good form - and the band as good as ever.

Great to hear some old favourites I've not heard them play for a while too.

Still consistently the best live band around!

Yes, either Skywalker or Han Solo.

Fantastic performance, it is a great venue (very pleased to see how good it is), crowd on good form - and the band as good as ever.

Great to hear some old favourites I've not heard them play for a while too.

Still consistently the best live band around!

I agree re the venue.

I think the whole band really enjoyed themselves as well which makes a massive difference.

Did Tim do a DJ set anywhere after the gig?

Archived