Thank You Heart of Midlothian!

DB-14

In the past months,

A close friend of mine died of cancer aged 48, as a result myself and a few others thought it would be a good idea to arrange a charity fund raiser. We decided that it would be beneficial for the event to write to each of the SPL clubs to see if they would provide any items for auction.

Last Wednesday, I recieved a telephone call from Campbell Ogilivie personally, offering two tickets for Hearts against Dundee United at Tynecastle sitting in the director's box, with free food and drink for the day and an opportunity to meet the players at the end of the game.

I can't thank Hearts enough for this, an excellent auction prize.

:) It gave me an increased sense of pride in my club to see they would offer such an opportunity.

Good stuff.

Impressed that CO took the time to personally phone you. :)

Was delighted, it was on Wednesday he called.

:) Extremely chuffed, and its for a good cause.

I sent the letters of on Tuesday, and as of yet have recieved those tickets from Hearts and signed Rangers shirt.

chester copperpot

I sent the letters of on Tuesday, and as of yet have recieved those tickets from Hearts and signed Rangers shirt.

Well done Hearts, and especially Campbell Ogilvie.

That's the second post I've read tonight about people receiving personal phonecalls from Campbell Ogilvie after sending letters to the club. I like his style.

Great prize too, definitely beats a signed football....I hope it raises lots of cash for you. :)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Cracking avatar as well.

Thats excellent mate :)

At least has turned it to be worthwhile.

I would not be surprised if some SPL clubs fail to respond whatsoever, but its cracking to see that CO personally phoned.

Cracking avatar as well.

Thanks very much. :)

Good to see a bit more positivity on the board for Hearts.

That's the second post I've read tonight about people receiving personal phonecalls from Campbell Ogilvie after sending letters to the club. I like his style.

Great prize too, definitely beats a signed football....I hope it raises lots of cash for you. :)

Me too. I hope you are right... I'm usually upbeat about things but the thought that he may have been sidelined and not have enough to do at work did run through my mind...

At least has turned it to be worthwhile.

I would not be surprised if some SPL clubs fail to respond whatsoever.

You could be right there , still i am glad to hear that hearts came good for you , you would have been dissapointed had they not responded ,its good to hear positive stories like this about hearts instead of bad press.Good luck with your fundraiser.

You could be right there , still i am glad to hear that hearts came good for you , you would have been dissapointed had they not responded ,its good to hear positive stories like this about hearts instead of bad press.Good luck with your fundraiser.

Thanks very much and I am delighted that Hearts responded so hastily, the fundraiser isn't until near the end of next month. :) Keep you posted on how it turns out to be.

:D A couple of my friends will probably try to bid for the tickets in the hope Romanov is there to give him a good smack.

:laugh:

Thanks for the support.

Me too. I hope you are right... I'm usually upbeat about things but the thought that he may have been sidelined and not have enough to do at work did run through my mind...

Ach, you're just a negative Nancy, so you are. ;)

Ach, you're just a negative Nancy, so you are. ;)

Dammed tooting - shows that the constant negative interpretations you read on here can make one start imagining things too! It's not hard to come up with a negative slant on anything at all.

Well done Hearts !

Campbell Ogilvee also helped me and my dad out once for tickets, staying in Shetland it's not easy to get down for games and without his help it could have been a wasted journey.

My dad recently had his sixtieth birthday and I managed to get in touch with one of his favourite all time players for a tour of Tynecastle. Gary Mackay lived up to his legend status and gave up a couple of hours of his time despite having heavy workload due to the transfer window shut.

I know living on a rock in the middle of the north sea makes attending games difficult, but people like Ogilvee and Mackay really help make you feel part of the club.

Well done to both yourself and Campbell Ogilvie for showing Hearts in a good light for a change, also hope you raise plenty for the charity in your auction.

This news is both sad and fantastic.

I hope your friend rests in peace, I am sure he knows how highly his mates thought of him. Had he known for some time?

As for CO, everybody in the Scottish game speaks highly of CO, he is one of the bright lights of our club. It is great that the club is reacting to things like this with both compassion and generosity. Having said that, this is not something new tbh, when my father passed away we asked if we could take his ashes to spread at the school end and they could not have been more accomodating.

As I say, bad news, but at least it shows that there is still some compassion in the game. I hope you sell the tickets for a huge amount. :)

This news is both sad and fantastic.

I hope your friend rests in peace, I am sure he knows how highly his mates thought of him. Had he known for some time?

As for CO, everybody in the Scottish game speaks highly of CO, he is one of the bright lights of our club. It is great that the club is reacting to things like this with both compassion and generosity. Having said that, this is not something new tbh, when my father passed away we asked if we could take his ashes to spread at the school end and they could not have been more accomodating.

As I say, bad news, but at least it shows that there is still some compassion in the game. I hope you sell the tickets for a huge amount. :)

Unfortunately, my friend had actually beat the disease once only a few months previous of when he died. Although, it quickly returned unexpectedly and it spread too quickly for him to have any chance of survival. His last few days in the hospice were awful it was like watching a different man. :sad:

Thanks again to CO, and Hearts for their efforts.

Seymour M Hersh
In the past months,

A close friend of mine died of cancer aged 48, as a result myself and a few others thought it would be a good idea to arrange a charity fund raiser. We decided that it would be beneficial for the event to write to each of the SPL clubs to see if they would provide any items for auction.

Last Wednesday, I recieved a telephone call from Campbell Ogilivie personally, offering two tickets for Hearts against Dundee United at Tynecastle sitting in the director's box, with free food and drink for the day and an opportunity to meet the players at the end of the game.

:) It gave me an increased sense of pride in my club to see they would offer such an opportunity.

Condolences to you and the chaps family. Well played HMFC and especially C O. Have any other clubs responded yet?

Toxteth O'Grady
In the past months,

Sorry to hear about your friend, well done to Hearts and CO in particular for his personal response.

Hope your fund raising goes well, let us know about the auction details.

Condolences to you and the chaps family. Well played HMFC and especially C O. Have any other clubs responded yet?

Rangers have provided a signed shirt, hopeful that a few more clubs will respond next week.

Thanks for the support from everyone it is much appreciated by the family.

Unfortunately, my friend had actually beat the disease once only a few months previous of when he died. Although, it quickly returned unexpectedly and it spread too quickly for him to have any chance of survival. His last few days in the hospice were awful it was like watching a different man. :sad:

Thanks again to CO, and Hearts for their efforts.

That is horrible. I hope that in some way your efforts give his family some relief.

Guest jambomickey
In the past months,

brilliant well done hearts! that's the kind of positiv news we want coming out of our football club. very sorry to har about your friend mate, god bless him and his family

A little update on the situation. :)

I have recieved the letter from Mr Ogilive regarding the package sitting in the directors box and couldn't be more delighted, as well as receiving items from 7 other SPL clubs, and also Manchester United.

However, it is the arrogant attitude of one club I found quite disgusting. Hibernian FC. I sent an e-mail to the club beginning "I know you probably get a lot of these requests", and the e-mail which was returned from them was "Yes thats correct we get to many requests, so we can not help you."

Disgusting imo. :rolleyes:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I have recieved the letter from Mr Ogilive regarding the package sitting in the directors box and couldn't be more delighted, as well as receiving items from 7 other SPL clubs, and also Manchester United.

However, it is the arrogant attitude of one club I found quite disgusting. Hibernian FC. I sent an e-mail to the club beginning "I know you probably get a lot of these requests", and the e-mail which was returned from them was "Yes thats correct we get to many requests, so we can not help you."

Hibs are s*cum (why is that word banned?!)

What did Man Utd give you, out of interest?

Hibs are s*cum (why is that word banned?!)

What did Man Utd give you, out of interest?

They provided a very nice signed football along with certificate of authenticity. :)

Very good of them.

Yet, those vermin can't even provide anything.

:rolleyes:Can't say I'm surprised.

FTH.

Chad Sexington

Just when I think I cant hate that scabby football club anymore, they go and surprise me again.

Total vermin.

Just when I think I cant hate that scabby football club anymore, they go and surprise me again.

Total vermin.

Hear hear!

Well done Hearts.

Nice of Rangers to donate aswell :cool:

and Hear hear again.

A little update on the situation.

its absolutely no surprise you got that reaction, just go down there one day and you'll see how freeloading sub-life works

This is an absolute disgrace, just when i thought i couldnt hate them anymore , pathetic , i wish he had pumped them today ,lowlife ****bags.

Archived