Burger Queen ?

Boozyuzi

Anyone from here used to go the to best night out in Edinburgh back in the mid 90's - Burger Queen @ Mercado ?

Or even Taste @ The HoneyComb ??

Guest GhostHunter

Holy sheet !!

That brought back a flood of memories !!

I was there week in week out - probably to the detriment of my health ! The Stage was mine :D

this_is_my_story
Anyone from here used to go the to best night out in Edinburgh back in the mid 90's - Burger Queen @ Mercado ?

Can't honestly remember what the name of the night was (was 10 years or so ago) but I remember a few good nights in that club, a local lad called Craig Smith was resident DJ there and he was a bit special! Them were the days... Christ I'm feeling old now! :mad:

Evol and FBI for this kid.

;)

Same here. I remember there was also a CIA and Mi5 at one point during the mid to late 90's, when the Liquid Rooms was still the Music Box. Aaah, memories!

FBI at Morray house! class

Remember you had to climb that ladder to get to the DJ box to request a song? Never good when you were absolutely steaming.

Remember you had to climb that ladder to get to the DJ box to request a song? Never good when you were absolutely steaming.

I'd say absolutely steaming accounted for about 95% of the punters there. From what I can remember the bevy was a good price....though it was a long time ago

Who remembers Tribal Funktion at the Venue? Used to love a bit of that.

many a good night had down at tribal funktion - gene farris and marhsall jefferson nights in particluar. :)

Goldstone Wonder
Are there any other regular attendees of Yip Yap out there?

Used to live that place back in the day. Was it not Yip Yap one Saturday and another club which had the word dog in it the next?

I go back as far as the Hoochie Coochie Club, Kangaroo Club, Shag, Kids Love Jelly, Son of Rococo, Shaft and the Funky Worm.

Also Thunderball was pretty special.

Used to go to Burger Queen occasionally.

Went to Luvley a couple of times, and Joy once, but I'd become rather bored by clubbing by the mid 90's.

Evol was good and The Egg at the Art School too were exceptions.

Old before my time...

Used to live that place back in the day. Was it not Yip Yap one Saturday and another club which had the word dog in it the next?

I go back as far as the Hoochie Coochie Club, Kangaroo Club, Shag, Kids Love Jelly, Son of Rococo, Shaft and the Funky Worm.

*high five*

Now you're talkin'.....;)

I didn't used to climb it UNLESS I was absolutely steaming.

I reckon if I looked at it now I'd be keeking myself.

:biggrin:

Goldstone Wonder
*high five*

Now you're talkin'.....;)

I think I know you Boris. Did you used to drink in Joe's Garage?

I think I know you Boris. Did you used to drink in Joe's Garage?

Once or twice, but not regularly.

'87-89 were my Kangaroo Klub days (and after, but acid house had hit and the whole scene degenerated (imho)).

Our paths may well have crossed though.

Went to Luvley a couple of times, and Joy once, but I'd become rather bored by clubbing by the mid 90's.

Old before my time...

Used to go there a fair bit myself. Still have my Egg membership card in my wallet! :eek: You always got a much better variety of music at the Egg, although it was a bit too much like a school disco.

Holy sheet !!

That brought back a flood of memories !!

I was there week in week out - probably to the detriment of my health ! The Stage was mine :D

you mighta had burger queen, but tackno, the stage was mine!!!

I,d had a few good nights in Burger Queen, was there not a club called Dogtastic as well?

vladtheexhaler

It was 'Dogtastic' on the alternate weekends. I'm sure I've still got my membership card kicking about somewhere, also had one for pure.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I remember going to Taste at the Honeycomb, when I was about 16. One of a few places I could get into at the time.

Never went to Burger Queen, but have been to Luvley and Joy a few times. Most of my mates were a year ot two older than me so that was the only reason I tended to get in.

I also remember going to nights at Potterow in the late 90s (Ministry of Sound, Cream etc) and it was only 50p a bottle of Carlsberg. Buying 4 at a time and necking them was a must, a great mix a few jack n jills :rolleyes:

:)

vladtheexhaler

Old before my time...

Went to Joy when I was but 17. The downstairs cloackroom was full so we had to venture upstairs where I immediately had my arse squeezed by some leather clad brute. Needless to say I didn't return, ever.

Taste was a Sunday institution in the early/mid 90s. Always a fantastic night, although phoning your boss at 8am on the Monday whilst still giddy from the night before was never fun :)

probably showing my age again here, but did anyone venture "over the Brig" to The Kronk?

Rave madness....

****in hell Boris, that was a looooooong time ago!

Never made it myself, but know a few people who did, and also still have some tapes!

****in hell Boris, that was a looooooong time ago!

Never made it myself, but know a few people who did, and also still have some tapes!

Rave on comrade! :)

Guest GhostHunter
Taste was a Sunday institution in the early/mid 90s. Always a fantastic night, although phoning your boss at 8am on the Monday whilst still giddy from the night before was never fun :)

You didn't learn the trick then ?

Go in and complain of a dodgy curry on the Sunday night then puke everywhere....

Worked every time.

:D

Though, I was lucky back then, I worked in one of the clothes shops on Rose Street and just sat and "vegged" out for the day...

Taste was just the perfect end to the weekend, though, quite possibly, the sweatiest, hottest place on the planet....

this_is_my_story
probably showing my age again here, but did anyone venture "over the Brig" to The Kronk?

Rave madness....

Once. And that was enough!

A wee bit off topic maybe, but anyone remember the old Glasgow Hacienda? Had more than it's fair share of psychotic loonies, but had some good nights there nonetheless!

Burger Queen was excellent, but I have to say that Taste at the Honeycomb is the favourite of my clubbing career.

Went to Luvely loads too, tho it dropped off in quality sharpish after George sold it, God rest him.

Pure and Sativae were about a million times better than any of the other nights mentioned on this thread.

Pure was absolutely immense.

jack D and coke

The carbolic frolic anyone?

Upstairs in what is now the Fantasy Palace or whatever it is.

That was a top night:cool:

Can't honestly remember what the name of the night was (was 10 years or so ago) but I remember a few good nights in that club, a local lad called Craig Smith was resident DJ there and he was a bit special! Them were the days... Christ I'm feeling old now! :mad:

Smiggy was a jambo at school,then became a Vermin F.C. fan.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL
The carbolic frolic anyone?

Upstairs in what is now the Fantasy Palace or whatever it is.

That was a top night:cool:

Was waiting for someone to mention Carbolic. Best night was Tony Di Bart live PA. He was absolutly rank rotten but he stuck about and got wasted with us punters. Brilliant.

Burger Queen was ok but a bit up its own arse.

Colours @ Mercado was immense though. Saw some seriously big name DJ's there and loved every minute. Huggy's night Blast was also a great night out as was early Eye Candy (still got my membership card and my free members CD) Also had a few good nights out at Triptonite North.

Goldstone Wonder
Pure and Sativae were about a million times better than any of the other nights mentioned on this thread.

Pure was absolutely immense.

I went to the first night of Pure and had my photo taken for a membership card to it on arrival.

10 years later a 10th anniversary album complete with a collage of all the passport photos of people who went on the very first night including yours truly. A great night as I remember.

Archived