"Bain underlines surcharge merits"

BRY

"It is about time they did and it is my intention to make sure they stop disadvantaging our supporters by putting prices up," he said.

"If they can't recognise that is not the way to go, they need to have a long, hard think to themselves.

Other clubs have to realise that paying the OF more money is the best way to go? I am surprised that the other clubs have not yet seen the glorious light and handed over wedge after wedge to them :rolleyes:

"SPL clubs do not recognise what the number of travelling Rangers supporters bring to the economy," said Bain.

What an ignorant little sh it. I'd rather not have 3,000 inbred, buckie drinking tramps hanging about my city ****ing and spewing and doorways.

what do we expect from a club who jump into bed with their so-called bitter rivals to impose what is effectively a protection racket?

it seems that the knuckle-dragger element within their support have their uses after all. to be used as a threat against partner clubs to squeeze a little more cash out of them.

the best way forward for hearts would surely to have been to exclude all rangers and celtic fans from tynecastle. it could have been done if we were selling home tickets... unfortunately we aren't though and will end up having to put up with the filth.

He is an complete idiot. I would support ANY action Hearts took to prevent paying the OF this 5% surcharge - no OF fans, sell them themselves, putting up prices - really ANYTHING.

In fact, if you are a paid employee of Hearts and reading/posting on JKB, then please take note of the above.:)

The type of blind arrogance that we have grown to expect from the OF.

That is kinda true, as his statement surely ascends greater heights than anything they have done before IMO.

Stunning arrogance.

I hope Hearts continue to tell them to ram their 5% up their farter.

I get the feeling some of the smaller clubs may cave eventually though.

Guest JamboRobbo

Sounds to me like Bain is realising it's not going to plan, and he's issuing that statement to convince his own fans that it's for their long term benefit.

I don't even think Rangers fans are stupid enough to fall for it though.

What a load of sheeeite that stupid bald hun ****ing bar steward talks, yet another reason to hate all those associated with Mordor!:mad:

Bain you are a complete and utter

*ANKER

Sounds to me like Bain is realising it's not going to plan, and he's issuing that statement to convince his own fans that it's for their long term benefit.

I don't even think Rangers fans are stupid enough to fall for it though.

oh i fancy you may have under-estimated the gullibility of the archetypal rioter.

He is probably getting stick from some of the supporters groups and rather than admit he acted in haste and without consultation with the rest of the league , he is still dfending it as a good idea

What a tw@t

So what happens come a year or two down the line when the OF think to themselves that this 5% just aint enough and decide **** it we want another 2.5% or more.Give in now and you will get fleeced forever.

Equating all those clubs who don't give in to them as "selling debt" to their supporters while it is good weather - Oh, puleeeease!

I wonder what the immediate cost saving would be on police (inside and outside the ground) and ground costs if they didn't come? I would hope that a lot of clubs could actually be better off by having fewer OF fans come visiting.

he's a complete tool. His argument that it is 'for the benefit of Rangers supporters' is completely nonsensical when clubs have reacted in the entirely predictable way of increasing prices for the OF. If he didn't see that one coming he must have been polishing his head with a lead based product.

I wonder how he'd react if other clubs, with smaller staffs, started levying a 20% admin fee on the sale of their tickets for Ibrox?

Carl Spackler

"SPL clubs do not recognise what the number of travelling Rangers supporters bring to the economy," said Bain.

True. They keep a lot of policeman in employment.

Seriously though, do the Rangers fans themselves like being used as commodities by their own club? All fans are of course most club's main source of revenue but the way Rangers and Celtic are using their fans is taking the p%$s. It takes two teams to make a match and several teams to make the league that serves the OF with competition. Perhaps Bain should think about this.

If he thinks charging a surcharge is OK then fine. Away down south with the pair of you, we'll quite happily carry on up here in our "provincial" league.

The OF really are incredibly unlikeable.

To Bain and his sellik counterparts , stick your 5% up your jacksey's, we should be able to charge extra for having their gypsies,tramps and thieves in our CAPITAL city.

best in the land
Please can we get a '**** your 5%' banner for the next Huns game.

yup, could be used when we play the tims if anyone can organise it.

Seymour M Hersh
Other clubs have to realise that paying the OF more money is the best way to go? I am surprised that the other clubs have not yet seen the glorious light and handed over wedge after wedge to them :rolleyes:

I agree I for one will put forward a motion at the next AGM that we split our season ticket money evenly giving half to rangers and half to celtic. What have we been thinking of all these years!!!

"SPL clubs do not recognise what the number of travelling Rangers supporters bring to the economy,"

Why should Hearts care if the corner shops increase their revenue by soaring Buckie sales. How exactly does this benefit Hearts?

I'm sure the policing cost is much great, per capita when the glasgow **** visit Tynie than any other team, possibly with the exception of the hobo tramps.

What a complete tvvat

I was glad to see that hearts are selling direct to Celtic fans for the up coming game,

There is no way we should go with this, just another excuse for the gruesome twosome to try and strangle some more money out of the other clubs as if they don't already get enough.

Also I noticed in this report that he said the tickets for St Mirren were ?6 or ?7 dearer than for the St Mirren end?I thought this was banned by the SPL to stop clubs doing precisely Bain has accused St Mirren of ???

Btw well done to Falkirk, Hibs and ourselves for standing up to them...its a shame that the other teams have not done similarly

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/7661988.stm

Couldn't help laughing when I noticed that the land around Ibrox is to be given to Rangers by Glasgow City Council for development.

Based on fair value accounting should Ibrox not be valued as zero in the Rangers accounts in that case, as the stadium has no value other than as a football stadium and the land beneath is worth nothing?

Guest JamboRobbo
I was glad to see that hearts are selling direct to Celtic fans for the up coming game,

I'm glad we're not giving in to Celtics 5%, but I'd rather we just said to Celtic "fine, if you don't want any tickets for your fans, that is your choice. We won't give you any tickets for your fans".

By SPL rules, we are obliged to provide Celtic with tickets to sell to their fans if they so wish. We are NOT obliged to provide tickets direct to Celtic fans, if and when Celtic choose not to do so.

Had we done this, the Celtic fans would've been up in arms and I'm sure Celtic would've been forced to back down entirely.

I'm glad we're not giving in to Celtics 5%, but I'd rather we just said to Celtic "fine, if you don't want any tickets for your fans, that is your choice. We won't give you any tickets for your fans".

By SPL rules, we are obliged to provide Celtic with tickets to sell to their fans if they so wish. We are NOT obliged to provide tickets direct to Celtic fans, if and when Celtic choose not to do so.

Had we done this, the Celtic fans would've been up in arms and I'm sure Celtic would've been forced to back down entirely.

We are almost doing that. Hearts have "challenged" Hearts fans to sell the whole ground out, if we do, C*lt!c will get zero allocation. We will ONLY sell to C*lt!c fans if the ground (up to a certain level in the School End) is not full by the end of the month. At least I think the end of the month is the cut off.

Colonel Kurtz
We are almost doing that. Hearts have "challenged" Hearts fans to sell the whole ground out, if we do, C*lt!c will get zero allocation. We will ONLY sell to C*lt!c fans if the ground (up to a certain level in the School End) is not full by the end of the month. At least I think the end of the month is the cut off.

I wish that were true.

Hearts have said if we dont sell enough tickets then they will give the whole Roseburn end to the Tims.

Guest JamboRobbo

unfortunately, I think that was just for the section or two we'd taken from them mate, no the whole roseburn.

I wish that were true.

Hearts have said if we dont sell enough tickets then they will give the whole Roseburn end to the Tims.

unfortunately, I think that was just for the section or two we'd taken from them mate, no the whole roseburn.

Yeah, apologies. I just re-read that and noticed that.

On first reading, I understood that to be IF we sold out those two sections of the School End, we would then sell ALL tickets to Hearts fans.

Stupid me. :(

He is probably getting stick from some of the supporters groups and rather than admit he acted in haste and without consultation with the rest of the league , he is still dfending it as a good idea

What a tw@t

You are right on the money there. It was discussed many years ago at Rangers etc and dimissed as unfeasable. This time they decided to forgo consulting other clubs and simply told the other ten clubs what they were going to do. It hasn't worked as well as they had liked so they need to paint it in a better light to their own fans rather than admit it is simply blackmail and greed.

Hearts (for the time being) will be giving them nothing. Let's hope they continue to see sense!

No 5% charge (and in a perfect world, no OF) in the SPL!

I agree with the sentiment, unfortunatley i dont think we are in the position to turn down the extra 100k or so the extra 2000 fans will generate.

I wish we could though, and if the team was doing well then we probably would have been able to as we could have sold the tickets to Hearts fans

As much as i hate the OF fans being in tynie, i think the way the finances are we could not have told the tims to take a hike ! The thing that the OF do not reliase is that with out the rest of us their are ****ed ! There is no-way uefa would ever let them into a european league and the EPL must be getting sick of them asking again and again, this will never happen !

True. They keep a lot of policeman in employment.

Seriously though, do the Rangers fans themselves like being used as commodities by their own club? All fans are of course most club's main source of revenue but the way Rangers and Celtic are using their fans is taking the p%$s. It takes two teams to make a match and several teams to make the league that serves the OF with competition. Perhaps Bain should think about this.

If he thinks charging a surcharge is OK then fine. Away down south with the pair of you, we'll quite happily carry on up here in our "provincial" league.

The OF really are incredibly unlikeable.

The English Premier League,or lower leagues down south,do not want or need them.On the day that the "39th game" idea is,again,being talked up by Asia,it shows you how their arrogance looks more ridiculous by the day.

The man is living in a bubble.

"A total of ?2.5m worth of tickets is sold on behalf of other SPL clubs which benefit them and their economy," he said.

That means that they're asking for 5% of ?2.5m, which is ?125,000

Presumably there will be a roughly equal split between the two clubs meaning that they're squabbling over approximately ?62,500.

We're talking about clubs with turnovers in excess of ?50,000,000 and they're bitching about sixty grand. That's probably less than a days takings for the Ibrox pie stalls. Celtic could probably lose that down the back of the sofa and not notice.

Here is something that is worrying me about this 5% thing.

Im pretty sure hearts are now selling directly to celtic fans for the upcoming fixture.

Call me paranoid if you like but does that not leave hearts open to being responsible for their behavior, and then the celtic board can blame us for anything their fans do, claiming its our fault for not letting celtic sell the tickets in the first place

The only way to deal with this is to be as awkward as possible when selling tickets to Old Firm Fans. Tickets only sold on a specified day to their season ticker holders who will have to produce their season ticket before being sold a ticket for Tynecastle - and full details noted. That way we would be selling to their supporters but supporters that they have on their data base and would be fully responsible for.

His arrogance is nothing short of unbelivable. It's not just that what he says is the biggest one-sided argument since Hitler wanted to "cleanse" Germany of Jews... it's also the way he says it - a case of "how can these small clubs be so stupid not to agree with our brilliant masterplan and the sooner they just roll over and say thank you to us the better".

Bawheid.

Their sense of self importance is staggering. I guess that's what comes from being a biggish fish in a very wee pond.

Midfield Terrier

On the BBC website every club, apart from Rangers, has this as their headline story.

Are Rangers sponsoring the BBC? Do we care what has been discussed at Rangers AGM?

The clubs have already responded to Rangers money grabbing attempts, I can understand Rangers petulance but why inflict it on everyone else?

Archived