Juho Makes His 345th Play Me Plea

Gigolo-Aunt

Guest JamboRobbo

whilst I don't think he looks much of a footballer, he's the only one of our strikers who consistantly whacks it in the back of the net in the warm ups.......left foot, right foot, doesn't seem to matter. The boy knows where the back of the net is.

and whilst I don't think he'll ever make the grade at HMFC, all the link up play in the world is no use if we've no-one to put it in the net...

Sorry Juho, you have the touch of a rapist and run like a ****.

Will not be sorry to see the back of you.

Yup.

whilst I don't think he looks much of a footballer, he's the only one of our strikers who consistantly whacks it in the back of the net in the warm ups.......left foot, right foot, doesn't seem to matter. The boy knows where the back of the net is.

and whilst I don't think he'll ever make the grade at HMFC, all the link up play in the world is no use if we've no-one to put it in the net...

Tend to agree.

And tbh he cant do worse than score no goals. Like our current crop.

Tullberg provider, Makela poacher. Wont contribute much else mind.

We say "Juho stand up front and score. Leave the rest to the others" I think we could be ok. The others need to be fully up for basically being a man down, but it could win us games if they are.

Tin hat on.:D

Guest JamboRobbo
Tend to agree.

And tbh he cant do worse than score no goals. Like our current crop.

Tullberg provider, Makela poacher. Wont contribute much else mind.

We say "Juho stand up front and score. Leave the rest to the others" I think we could be ok. The others need to be fully up for basically being a man down, but it could win us games if they are.

Tin hat on.:D

Thats pretty much what I was getting at.

Whilst I don't think Makela is up to much, we're currently playing Jamie Mole.

Last season, Mole managed no goals at all, whilst on loan at Livi and QOS.

Moles contribution this season is to score 1 goal.

Moles contribution last week, was to set up zero goals, score zero goals, and majorly contribute to conceding one goal..........

It's not really possible to do much worse than that.

Sorry Juho, you have the touch of a rapist and run like a ****.

Will not be sorry to see the back of you.

His touch is awful, but the starred bit, he may run funny but he runs fast.

I wonder how many goals he would have scored had he the chances that Mole has had this season. Having said that, I could not make a defence case for any of our senior strikers that have played this season.

Guest juvehearts

easy answer to that is zero.

why?

you need the service first to score goals.

cue driver comming back service will resume................

Guest JamboRobbo
I honestly don't think you base anything about a player on warm ups.

They have no pressure from opposing players on them and usually a half-hearted goalie or furry-suited mascot trying to keep the shots out.

Agree it's not a real test, but you can compare him with the others I think? Last week, I watched him Makela whack 3 in a row in the net, with left and right foot. Meanwhile Nade, Ksanavicius, Bruno and co didn't manage a single goal between them.

To play Makela properly the work rate of some of the others will need to improve.

Its unfortunate.

Saying that, I would be very tempted to try it.

Tullberg and Nade would be my front two, considering Glen aint getting a look in atm, but if Makela was given that berth and told that in no circumstances should he cross the halfway line I would accept it.

Guest JamboRobbo
None because the ball would keep bouncing straight back to the opposition off of Juho spring-clad boots and we'd never hold it up long enough to provide with with a chance.

He can run fast, but if your first touch is in a different postcode what's the point?

Again I agree to an extent, but equally, if you're a striker who never scores, whats the point?

Makela was let loose on the SPL for 15 mins or so this season.

He neary destroyed all the good work by Audrey and co.

Punt him in the balls, and then sell him.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Why does Makela constantly get a sympathy vote on here? "He knows where the goal is". So did Pinilla, but he was ridiculed on here. They were both overpaid and rubbish, the difference being, it seems, that Makela doesn't spend his private life shagging everything that moves, apparently.

Guest JamboRobbo
I saw Audrey rasp home a swerving left foot drive! GET HIM IN THE TEAM CSABA.

Oh, wait...:sad:

And when he got his chance again, I watched him shoot from a ridiculous angle with a free kick, completely wasting it. He's had more than enough chances.

When Makela comes off the bench I tend to head for the pub. An awful excuse for a footballer.

Guest JamboRobbo
Why does Makela constantly get a sympathy vote on here? "He knows where the goal is". So did Pinilla, but he was ridiculed on here.

Makela, as far as I'm aware, trains hard and does his best. As opposed to Pinilla only bothering to turn up when he feels like it and spending most of his time "injured".

Makela, as far as I'm aware, trains hard and does his best. As opposed to Pinilla only bothering to turn up when he feels like it and spending most of his time "injured".

Who is Jured?

:P

Geoff Kilpatrick

So he turns up for work?

Aw, bless him! :rolleyes:

We should be telling him to find another job, not feeling sorry for him.

he's the only one of our strikers who consistently whacks it in the back of the net in the warm ups.......left foot, right foot, doesn't seem to matter. The boy knows where the back of the net is.

I think that's his first touch

Guest JamboRobbo
So he turns up for work?

Aw, bless him! :rolleyes:

We should be telling him to find another job, not feeling sorry for him.

Tell him whatever you want Geoff. :rolleyes:

Guest JamboRobbo
Touche, and I agree it's time Mole was told to "take a breather".

But his hold-up play has been directly or indirectly responsible for goals from midfield this season.

Fair enough mate - my opinion - his play in general, has been directly and indirectly responsible for our lack of goals, and lack of even a goal threat this season

Guest JamboRobbo
I'd tell him he's got a big funny mouth.

I'd tell him to spend less time in Harvey Nicholls and more time working on his first touch.

He is f------ rotten.

With the money wasted on his transfer fee and wages we could have bought Scott McDonald (or a similar proven goalscorer). The same goes for any number of our other 'big time' wage robbers.

None because the ball would keep bouncing straight back to the opposition off of Juho spring-clad boots and we'd never hold it up long enough to provide with with a chance.

He can run fast, but if your first touch is in a different postcode what's the point?

Fair point, yet I was not trying to defend any of them, they could ALL go for all I care. They all do things slightly different, yet when it comes down to it, I simply do not see the difference between Makela/Mole/Nade et al.

Isn't it awful when we are debating which of our rubbish strikers is the worst of a bad bunch? :(

Fair point, yet I was not trying to defend any of them, they could ALL go for all I care. They all do things slightly different, yet when it comes down to it, I simply do not see the difference between Makela/Mole/Nade et al.

Isn't it awful when we are debating which of our rubbish strikers is the worst of a bad bunch? :(

There is no debate. Nade, now approaching a reasonable level of fitness, is 100 times better than either of those imposters.

There is no debate. Nade, now approaching a reasonable level of fitness, is 100 times better than either of those imposters.

Agree.

Mole or Makela - both equally poor imho.

Velicka wasn't the best footballer or the best team player but he scored a decent amount of goals. Makela is in the same mould as far as I'm concerned and should be given the same chance as Velicka. He scored 3 goals in pre season last year and was rewarded with one league start.

I can't believe his strike rate would be as poor as Nade, Mole, Elliott etc if he was given the chance.

Touche, and I agree it's time Mole was told to "take a breather".

But his hold-up play has been directly or indirectly responsible for goals from midfield this season.[/QUOTE]

Can you refresh my memory re the goals you're referring to.

I like Juho's attitude but presumably now Laszlo will start slagging off his attitude in public. Nobody else who has asked for game time has been favoured have they?

What is Laszlo's point about Jonsson? I'm a big fan of Eggert but he has not been very good so far this season, played out of position all the time and roasted/sent off against Dundee United.

Captain Canada

We should have cut our losses on Makela a long time ago, he's never been in favour with any of the managers we've had so I'm guessing there's a good reason why he doesn't play, which is probably just that he's not good enough. I dread to think how much money he's cost us and all we've really has in return is a hat-trick against Alloa.

First one of the year, Mole pulls out wide to allow space for Stewart with late run. Second one, Mole challenges for header leading to mistake by Craigan for Ksanavicius goal.

In Hamilton Driver's goal comes from pressure on centre halves from Mole. Can't be hooed recalling anything else but that's surely enough to illustrate my point.

I never said I think he's done a great job or anything, just that he's not exactly done nothing this year.

Hold up play? Running and jumping enthusiastically, I like his commitment, is hardly hold up play.

I'm not trying to get at Jamie Mole here but just feel that Makela would give us a better return if given a similar run as the front man.

jack D and coke
Velicka wasn't the best footballer or the best team player but he scored a decent amount of goals. Makela is in the same mould as far as I'm concerned and should be given the same chance as Velicka. He scored 3 goals in pre season last year and was rewarded with one league start.

I can't believe his strike rate would be as poor as Nade, Mole, Elliott etc if he was given the chance.

It wouldn't be but for some reason he's never given a fair crack of the whip. Mole as long as he's got a hole in his star will never be a striker but he plays every week. Never mind csaba is bringing back clum in january and he knows where the goals are.

Totally agree - he has been quite poor when he has come on as a sub with his first touch twice this season and gets hounded out. Mole does not score goals and has played nearly every game and gave away a dreadful free kick last week and couldn't get a game in the first division last year.

Makela is one of our most expensive signings ever and we have not given him a real chance. We do not have a proven goalscorer in the team apart from him.

I would give him at least three games on from the beginning and get the ball in the box and lets see what he can do.

Kris Boyd has a very poor first touch - would anyone have him in our team - Of course we all would.

Please give the man a chance.

Makela was let loose on the SPL for 15 mins or so this season.

He neary destroyed all the good work by Audrey and co.

Punt him in the balls, and then sell him.

Har haaarrr.

Subtle mate!

Buffalo Bill

His touch is awful, but the starred bit, he may run funny but he runs fast.

He runs like Michael Johnson. He's probably not that fast though

stirlingshirejambo
I honestly don't think you base anything about a player on warm ups.

They have no pressure from opposing players on them and usually a half-hearted goalie or furry-suited mascot trying to keep the shots out.

Tell you what though, the Kilmarnock subby number 30 was brutal last Saturday!

I agree I don't think Juho will make it at Hearts but several players recently have stood out at warm up before the game Skacel in particular hit the target with great accuracy and pace almost every time. He then went out and did it in the first half of most matches. Of course he was knackered and burnt out by the start of the second half but hey

First one of the year, Mole pulls out wide to allow space for Stewart with late run. Second one, Mole challenges for header leading to mistake by Craigan for Ksanavicius goal.

In Hamilton Driver's goal comes from pressure on centre halves from Mole. Can't be hooed recalling anything else but that's surely enough to illustrate my point.

I never said I think he's done a great job or anything, just that he's not exactly done nothing this year.

He also got a vital flick on to Audrey who played in Miko superbly for the winner against ICT.

He also got a vital flick on to Audrey who played in Miko superbly for the winner against ICT.

What? I thought I dreamt that. Surely we haven't won a match since 2005? I thought our club had imploded.

Problem is we don't have this either...

I.d play Juho up front any time before Mole. Rob Jones will laughing his nuts off thinking Mole is Hearts only forward.At least Makela has got a bit of height.

Reality is, along with caley Thistle, we probably have the worst forward line in the league.

I'd even have Hammy and Mehmet up front.:(

Laszlo said: "We have five strikers fit and there is big competition, I wish for every striker to score and afterwards I will be the happiest guy.

Scoring goals makes Csaba happy eh. Why the hell does he continually pick players who don't score then. He must be one angry ****er when he gets home on a Saturday night. :rolleyes:

makela is one of the most rotten players ever to wear maroon. i can only think that the people on here saying give him another chance have not watched him at reserve or first team level

Archived