Best Comedian Ever.....

marvins ear

Bill Hicks, Richard Pryor, Jim Jeffries, Dylan Moran, Frankie Boyle, Billy Connolly, Ricky Gervais, Jimmy Carr, Jack Dee, Michael McIntyre.

Frank Skinner used to be great but lost it! (The Sick Boy Theory)

Jerry Sadowitz is either fantastic or pants!

Bill Hicks.

Bill Bailey is sometimes funny and I'm a fan of Rich Hall's style of humour.

Also like Paul Merton, his show on India was pretty good the other night.

Tim Vine is a leg end in his own lifetime!

I like Tim Vine. I like the way he knows his jokes are ****. Not sure about best comedian ever though.

Billy C was good until the late 90s when he disappeared up his own arse. I like a comedian who can tell a good story rather than one who just writes gags. I used to like Stewart Lee but his last few festival shows have been poor.

Frankie Boyle's a funny one. His style is good, but it's a little one dimensional. His jokes are quite obvious now and I think he needs to move away from Mock the Week.

DARA O BRIAIN.GENIUS.

A good comedian, probably. You cannot call him a genius when Bill Hicks has just been mentioned though. That's sacrilege.

Along the same lines as the worst ever.....

I'll kick off with Ross Noble. The man's a legend.

I used to work beside a guy called Ross Noble...biggers w**ker on the planet! I've never seen the guy you're speaking of, so canny comment on him!

Lynn

tommythejambo
I used to work beside a guy called Ross Noble...biggers w**ker on the planet! I've never seen the guy you're speaking of, so canny comment on him!

Lynn

Fair enough.

Seen Frankie Boyle live last week and just about wet myself on several occasions. Couldn't be called the best ever though, I mean he has done like 2 tours.

Billy Bailey for the sheer variety and musical talent. Billy Connoly before he became a self-important w**k.

Lynn

If he was a geordie with long curly hair then its the same boy.

Maybe not though.

Regal Kingston

In my experience I would say it'sa toss up between Bernard Manning, Jim Davidson (nik nak anybody?), Roy Chubby Brown and Omid Djailli.

tommythejambo
In my experience I would say it'sa toss up between Bernard Manning, Jim Davidson (nik nak anybody?), Roy Chubby Brown and Omid Djailli.

Bizzare choice.

3 racists and and Iranian.

Bill Hicks - my two ticket stubs from his Edinburgh shows are in my private safe (ok, I'll admit it, that actually means a video box):cool:

I love comedy and I've seen a lot of stand ups over the years, but I never really liked Bill Hicks, I can appreciate him, but I don't love him. I got hold of one CD of a gig he did in London around the early 90's I think, recommend me something I'll love! (Preferably something I can download, Hicks would have wanted it that way!)

The best I've seen is Jerry Sadowitz. But I've also seen and enjoyed Steven Wright, Jimmy Carr and Frankie Boyle.

Billy Connolly and Bing Hitler used to be good, enjoyed seeing them back in day, but now they are both sell out luvvies! (I'd like to get hold of Bing Hitler Live at The Tron if anyone has a copy on CD they could lend me...)

Demitri Martin is brilliant, my all time favourite you tube clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhmahD_EbHY

Jim Jeffries is the funniest I have seen.

Agree with the shout for Chris Morris being the best comedy writer.

I love comedy and I've seen a lot of stand ups over the years, but I never really liked Bill Hicks, I can appreciate him, but I don't love him. I got hold of one CD of a gig he did in London around the early 90's I think, recommend me something I'll love! (Preferably something I can download, Hicks would have wanted it that way!)

The best I've seen is Jerry Sadowitz. But I've also seen and enjoyed Steven Wright, Jimmy Carr and Frankie Boyle.

Billy Connolly and Bing Hitler used to be good, enjoyed seeing them back in day, but now they are both sell out luvvies! (I'd like to get hold of Bing Hitler Live at The Tron if anyone has a copy on CD they could lend me...)

Demitri Martin is brilliant, my all time favourite you tube clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhmahD_EbHY

Doc, you werent at Riccarton (or HW to be precise) today were you?

I am loving FrankieBoyle at the moment, Dara O'Briains stuff is excellent too, and as mentioned by the Doc Demitri Martin is absolutely brilliant!

p.s Bill Hicks, Not drop dead funny like is made out most of the time.

No, but I'm intrigued!

Why do you ask?

Someone who fits my mental image of you (although I may have my JKBers mixed up:confused:) walked past me in a Hearts tracksuit top today.

Someone who fits my mental image of you (although I may have my JKBers mixed up:confused:) walked past me in a Hearts tracksuit top today.

I doubt I look like your mental image!

I have never worn a Hearts tracksuit either.

(What's your mental image of me? I just find it funny that you'd see a stranger and wonder "Is that The Doctor"?)

I doubt I look like your mental image!

I have never worn a Hearts tracksuit either.

(What's your mental image of me? I just find it funny that you'd see a stranger and wonder "Is that The Doctor"?)

How will he know.You change all the time.:rolleyes:

What?It's a comedy thread!

Carl Fredrickson
Fair enough.

Seen Frankie Boyle live last week and just about wet myself on several occasions. Couldn't be called the best ever though, I mean he has done like 2 tours.

Billy Bailey for the sheer variety and musical talent. Billy Connoly before he became a self-important w**k.

Tommy, were you at the Saturday show, front row? I was in the 2nd row and there was a guy with a Hearts leasure top in front of us. Frankie was very funny but I prefer storytellers like Connolly and I love Ross Noble too.

Michael McIntyre is extremely funny live and Dara O'Briain is great too.

I also like the Byrne Boys - Jason and Ed. Jason is a heart attack waiting to happen!

The funniest man that ever lived was Tommy Cooper. He was also the only man that had you laughing before he came on just in anticipation of what he was going to do next. He seemingly once got laughs for over 40 minutes before he came in front of the curtain.

The best I have seen live was Bernard Manning - not one for the PC brigade but funny as ****.

The funniest man that ever lived was Tommy Cooper. He was also the only man that had you laughing before he came on just in anticipation of what he was going to do next. He seemingly once got laughs for over 40 minutes before he came in front of the curtain.

The best I have seen live was Bernard Manning - not one for the PC brigade but funny as ****.

There was a night he was at the Guild Hall and he only stood up and the audience laughed for a while.When it died down he turned to his wife,who was sitting next to him,and said "I thought i told you to wait in the truck."

Cue mayhem.A comic genius.

Agree with the shout for Chris Morris being the best comedy writer.

I honestly don't think it is possible for anything to be funnier than Brass Eye was. It will never be bettered IMO. Absolute genius.

Bill Hicks is the best stand-up of the new school by miles imo. Tommy Cooper pobably had a better understanding of comic timing than anyone else has or will ever have. Coopers ability to make a laugh out of the unexpected seems to have been unsurpassed.

Remember Eric Sykes telling how he shared a taxi to an awards show with Cooper who said he'd sort out the fare. Paid the taxi driver the 2 quid and then said "Get yourself a drink out of this" .. Taxi drivers face lights up .... and Cooper drops a tea bag into his hand. :P:p:p

Archived