Alan Rough Amo

Jam11

I have a sports dinner tonight at auld Roughie is one of the speakers. Just looking to see if anyone has any good amo against him. One I've been told to say so far is this one:-

"Hello Mr Rough my name is John Robertson so this one will probably go right by you!"

Anyone have anymore to stick it up the hobo?

One of the game's good guys. Played many times for Scotland out of Partick Thistle. Got out of the way of many of Robbo's shots.

And good fun on the radio.

Ask if he can do his headless chicken impression - ie. the one he did for Eder in '82.

Rough Justice

alanrough.jpgWhile seeing out his playing days with Ayr United in 1990, former Scottish International goalkeeper Alan Rough found himself in hot water after walking out of the local Safeway's supermarket with a packet of beef that had yet to be paid for. He was released after being held in police custody for a couple of hours and the charges were eventually dropped. But the damage had already been done. He found himself splashed all over the front pages of Scotland's national press and the former Partick Thistle and Celtic player found himself at the mercy of opposing fans. To the tune of 'My Darling Clementine', and to the delight of many, they started singing 'Where's the mince beef, where's the mince beef, where's the mince beef Alan Rough, it's in your pocket, in your pocket, in your pocket Alan Rough'.

Get the words printed up and passed roond the tables before the hobo caaant even enters the building....

Courtesy of http://www.goalkeepersaredifferent.com/keeper/law.htm

Rough Justice

alanrough.jpgWhile seeing out his playing days with Ayr United in 1990, former Scottish International goalkeeper Alan Rough found himself in hot water after walking out of the local Safeway's supermarket with a packet of beef that had yet to be paid for. He was released after being held in police custody for a couple of hours and the charges were eventually dropped. But the damage had already been done. He found himself splashed all over the front pages of Scotland's national press and the former Partick Thistle and Celtic player found himself at the mercy of opposing fans. To the tune of 'My Darling Clementine', and to the delight of many, they started singing 'Where's the mince beef, where's the mince beef, where's the mince beef Alan Rough, it's in your pocket, in your pocket, in your pocket Alan Rough'.

Get the words printed up and passed roond the tables before the hobo caaant even enters the building....

Courtesy of http://www.goalkeepersaredifferent.com/keeper/law.htm

Will Do........................Quality! :107years:

alwaysthereinspirit

Tell him your disapointed to see him there as you were led to believe Richard GOUGH was the guest speaker. Not some $#!tty has been goalie :P with the same sounding name.

I'm sure you'll enjoy his speech - I saw him a few years ago and he was hilarious. The stories about the Argentina '78 trip were particularly good.......

Tell him youve been charged with sgoplifting and if he can give you any advice on how to get off with it.:eek:

I P Knightley
Ask him how many derbies he won when playing for the wee team!

The answer is NONE in SIX years!

Decent guy though Roughie, always got a smile on his face.

Smile or inane grin?

I have a sports dinner tonight at auld Roughie is one of the speakers. Just looking to see if anyone has any good amo against him. One I've been told to say so far is this one:-

"Hello Mr Rough my name is John Robertson so this one will probably go right by you!"

Anyone have anymore to stick it up the hobo?

Good amo..reckon a half brick would be suffice.:rolleyes:

Tell him your disapointed to see him there as you were led to believe Richard GOUGH was the guest speaker. Not some $#!tty has been goalie :P with the same sounding name.

Couldn't think of any amo there!

:eek::107years:shouldve asked howe come he was second at the celeb/am at Lanark Gowf course on Monday was it cos he was an am cos surely hes not a CELEB?:hobofish::107years::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish:

Archived