Maroon paint

Nucky Thompson

Nucky Thompson

My lad wants his room painted maroon and white so I went to B&Q as they advertise mixing paint to get the right colour. I couldn't get the right mix and I was there for ages, it kept coming out fecking pink:sad: Has anyone got any tips or have managed to get the right mix?

Guest S.U.S.S.
My lad wants his room painted maroon and white so I went to B&Q as they advertise mixing paint to get the right colour. I couldn't get the right mix and I was there for ages, it kept coming out fecking pink:sad: Has anyone got any tips or have managed to get the right mix?

Cant believe im posting this but.. Will it not leave the room rather dark?

One wall maybe but too much and the room will be very dark.

Yours

SUSS

Changing rooms consultant

PS are they not the ones where you take the coulour and their machines do wthe work matching it?

Nucky Thompson
Cant believe im posting this but.. Will it not leave the room rather dark?

One wall maybe but too much and the room will be very dark.

Yours

SUSS

Changing rooms consultant

PS are they not the ones where you take the coulour and their machines do wthe work matching it?

We are doing the top half white and the bottom half maroon. The guy at B&Q typed maroon into his computer but the mix came out more like pink:rolleyes: I was hoping some other parent has went through the same rigmarole and got the right match.

portobellojambo1
We are doing the top half white and the bottom half maroon. The guy at B&Q typed maroon into his computer but the mix came out more like pink:rolleyes: I was hoping some other parent has went through the same rigmarole and got the right match.

Don't quote me on this The Boo but I think normal procedure is for the parents to tell the bairns what colour the fecking walls in their room are getting painted, not the other way round. You paint it, if they don't like it you boot them up the erse, and tell them to feck off and find digs (please note this approach is acceptable even to the PC brigade, although they may insist you wear slippers while performing the kicking of the erse).

Guest S.U.S.S.

I havent sorry, but one of them B&Q and the like, scans the sample colour and the computer matches it by mixing, do a search and see if you can find which one.

If you need any advice on scatter cushions in the future i cant help :)

I have one wall maroon and the rest white but unfortunately I can't rememeber where I got it from. Certainly is possible.

When my mum painted my wall a few years back, she took the colour she wanted to them and she panicked when she started painting because it looked pink. It dried maroon though.

Don't quote me on this though! Don't want his room ending up pink.. :o

Nucky Thompson
Don't quote me on this The Boo but I think normal procedure is for the parents to tell the bairns what colour the fecking walls in their room are getting painted, not the other way round. You paint it, if they don't like it you boot them up the erse, and tell them to feck off and find digs (please note this approach is acceptable even to the PC brigade, although they may insist you wear slippers while performing the kicking of the erse).
Not in my house PJ1:) The wife is the boss but she spoils the bairns. I'm bottom of the chain just above the cats, but sometimes I think they have more say than me.

Guest S.U.S.S.

:eek:

Sir yes Sir!

Better check what age the child is before punting them out to find digs!:)

I had maroon bits on my walls with hearts bedcovers and curtains when I was younger. Far as I know just came straight from a tin, none of this fancy computer mixing malarky.

Carl Weathers
(please note this approach is acceptable even to the PC brigade, although they may insist you wear slippers while performing the kicking of the erse).

The 'right on' squad.

:laugh:

I had the same problem when my son wanted his room painted maroon, what we done was use a orange paint inderneath ( the bloke in B&Q said it would help and it did, but it means more painting for you tbh).

Got my decorator friend to get paint from Leyland Paint.Boys room then painted top and bottom thirds maroon and middle white .

I P Knightley

B&Q (or it might have been Homebase) did it for me. I took in a sample of the colour I wanted - could be a shirt but I thought it would be better using a match programme. You don't need a massive sample, a couple of square inches, and they stick it under a machine which reads the colour (spectrometer?)

If you think it looks a bit pink, which it will in the tin, start with a test pot. Not the most economical way to work but it's reassuring.

As for making the room dark, we've done it in west-facing rooms with a fair amount of window area. No issues in the day and in the evening it's nice & cosy - we didn't go for high-wattage lighting. One sitting room and one bedroom.

Go for it!!

Definite marketing opportunity for the club here. Imagine seeing Heart of Midlothian paint on the shelf at B&Q. Quality!

I got this from B n Q a few years back Its a chalky emulsion \its from the Craig and Rose Authentic Period Colours range 1828 Arabian Red. It definately dried Maroon Quite a pricey paint But buy a test pot first

We got our at Dulux at West Bowling Green Street. I said it looked pink, but it dried maroon...Its out side tho might look different in...

I got this from B n Q a few years back Its a chalky emulsion \its from the Craig and Rose Authentic Period Colours range 1828 Arabian Red. It definately dried Maroon Quite a pricey paint But buy a test pot first

i have this as an accent colour in my bathroom

B&Q (or it might have been Homebase) did it for me. I took in a sample of the colour I wanted - could be a shirt but I thought it would be better using a match programme. You don't need a massive sample, a couple of square inches, and they stick it under a machine which reads the colour (spectrometer?)

If you think it looks a bit pink, which it will in the tin, start with a test pot. Not the most economical way to work but it's reassuring.

As for making the room dark, we've done it in west-facing rooms with a fair amount of window area. No issues in the day and in the evening it's nice & cosy - we didn't go for high-wattage lighting. One sitting room and one bedroom.

Go for it!!

As above I took the wee mans top in they scanned it and that was that,The paint sort of looks like a pinky purple color before it dries but I can assure you it will be maroon.

Jambof3tornado

My sons bedroom has a maroon saltire on one wall and the others are white,the maroon paint was from B&Q and looked pink but dried a lovely shade a maroon. Get it done!!!;)

Managedto get my Dad to paint one wall Maroon in my bedroom when I was a bit younger(40 years ago). The rest were white. I was very happy at the time. I currently have the chimney breast in the house painted in a colour which is damn near maroon but brings out the contours of the fireplace very nicely. Well that's my excuse for having a big maroon swathe in the middle of the living room.

The Old Tolbooth
Not in my house PJ1:) The wife is the boss but she spoils the bairns. I'm bottom of the chain just above the cats, but sometimes I think they have more say than me.

I feel your pain mate, I feel your pain!

We got our at Dulux at West Bowling Green Street. I said it looked pink, but it dried maroon...Its out side tho might look different in...

dont buy their masks!!!:eek::107years::P:)

:eek:

WTF is an accent colour?

:hobofish:;)

it is bleu compared to blue or black to noir or even maroon to PINK????????????????????????????????????????:eek:

I had to paint my front door a few years back,had to be maroon.

Could not find maroon so settled for claret, it looks the buisness and it also helps that West Ham are my second team.

Archived