New sponsor fur Scottish Cup..........

Clerry Jambo

City Refrigeration Holdings, FFS!!!!!!!!!

that's an embaressment, Although it would make it the coolest cup to win ;)

loveofthegame

Oh dear... the City Refrigeration Holdings Scottish Cup... Has to be about the worst name in the history of ever.

They will surely just refer to it as the CRH Scottish Cup.

I am just glad they have found a sponser in the current "chilly" economic situation

That will be hibs frozen out yet again.

:107years::107years::107years:

:107years::107years::P:p

just doesnt sound right tho eh? all my life it seems its been the tennents SC!!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

When the Hearts go up to lift the City Refrigeration Holdings Scottish Cup we'll be there! We'll be there!

alwaysthereinspirit

The City Refridgeration Holding Cup has less OOMPH than the EPSA cup I played in at primary school.

Gordon Smith GTF.

Haughey is a good bloke who wants to do a Bill Gates and leave a legacy behind. He is trying to get planning permission to build a veritable mansion (bigger than the White House!) and owns land which he would like to see become the Official Scotland National Training Centre, in Bothwell.

A good story I heard lately was that a guy I know's son was playing for Clyde under 14s in a Final and WH was approached to see if he could do anything for the boys. Haughey held a reception for them at his CRH hq and then sent them all to Slaters to get fitted for suits. On the night before the Final at Airdrie's ground, the boys wre taken by coach to a hotel for dinner and accomodation, then on by coach to the ground for the match the following morning.

The only condition: no publicity.

And he owns my local pub where the furckin fridges never furckin work!

He is an ex celtic director.

He has said that he wishes no publicity for his company and the cup will be simply 'The Scottish Cup'. He wants to give money to grass roots football in an official manner so he feels this is the best way to do it. Even he admitted at interview that he would think it sounded crazy if he added his companies name to the cup. Think he has stated that almost all of the sposor cash that can must go to youth fitba in Scotland. Sounds like a good deal.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
He is an ex celtic director.

He has said that he wishes no publicity for his company and the cup will be simply 'The Scottish Cup'. He wants to give money to grass roots football in an official manner so he feels this is the best way to do it. Even he admitted at interview that he would think it sounded crazy if he added his companies name to the cup. Think he has stated that almost all of the sposor cash that can must go to youth fitba in Scotland. Sounds like a good deal.

If thats the case then well done to him.

Good to say some people still want the best for our game!

We need Vlad to come to the rescue and to offer a couple of million to sposnor the cup!!

Love the thought of the Old Firm and the Hobos (ok highly unlikely right enough) fighting it out for the Vladimir Romanov Scottish Cup

Willie confirmed: "I have been in detailed discussions with the SFA over this and, yes, I have agreed to put up the money to back the tournament.

"They, in turn, are in talks with the Scottish Government and I don't know what the Scottish Cup's new name will be. That's up to them."

That's from yesterday's evening weej. The way I read it, he's 'donating' the sponsorship to the government. Maybe "The Smoking When Pregnant Can Harm Your Baby Scottish Cup"?

Willie is a nice guy. I've been a guest at his table in corp hospitality a few times for Hearts games at Parkhead - always makes you feel welcome (even though he knew I was a jambo!). He actually talks a lot of sense when it comes to football - not like most of the narrow minded idiots that follow the OF.

Clerry Jambo

........I almost furcoat aboot this thread, so may aswell have a "ice drop" at our rivals..........:107years::107years::107years:

Coat well and truly gone:p

:laugh:

Did anyone watch him trying to get sponsors on that "Gordon Smith : Player to Power" programme?

It was hilarious (as was the rest of his Brent-esque posturing) - he was on the phone having conversations like this :

"So ye don't hink it'll increase brand recognition fur yur company? Whit? No interested in that? Awrite then."

I can just picture him sitting there with his copy of the yellow pages, going through every company ever.

donaldius fordovich

The BBC also asked the last Hibs captain to lift the Scottish Cup his opinion of this. His reply was..."What is refrigeration"?

Always thought the milk cup in england was an odd name but this takes the biscuit , maybe we could do a 'poll' to find out.

tommythejambo

City Refridgeration Holdings...Wow!

Now that does really make our number one cup competition sound barry.

Whats the problem the guy is funding the tournament with his cash and wants the money to goto grass routes footie and doesnt want the cup to be named after the company.

If this is all true whats your problem.

Seems to me the guy has stepped in and done a very good thing for our game.

Whats the problem the guy is funding the tournament with his cash and wants the money to goto grass routes footie and doesnt want the cup to be named after the company.

If this is all true whats your problem.

Seems to me the guy has stepped in and done a very good thing for our game.

Why you being so frosty

Archived