Derry City Vs Linfield

speedbump

MacDonald Jardine
No police allowed in ground, stewards are more or less all ex provos, what do you expect, hands across the water.

I'll estimate 5 pages for this.

This thread is a waste of bandwidth.

Why? I thought some people might be interested in seeing what happened after a game which hold some real hatred and social issues from over the water.

Why? I thought some people might be interested in seeing what happened after a game which hold some real hatred and social issues from over the water.

What has it got to do with Hearts exactly?? Post it on follow follow or even on the hoops board.Nothing to do with this club at all and shouldn't be of any interest.What a waste of thread space on here!!:mad:

Did it finish 2-0?

3-0 to Derry, the Glens won and therefore qualified!

What has it got to do with Hearts exactly?? Post it on follow follow or even on the hoops board.Nothing to do with this club at all and shouldn't be of any interest.What a waste of thread space on here!!:mad:

Ahem! It's football related and many on here follow teams across the water.

A lot on here like Linfield and a few on here I believe are indebted to a top Linfield bloke looking after them at recent Glens game.

So the link is clear-add in Matty Docherty and the fact we should have signed Peter Thompson and there we have it, link established.

No he is injured, he got a one year deal and my mates have not seen enough of him to see if he will break into 1st team.

Did Matty Doherty play for Linfield?

Linfield Team :

Mannus, Hagan (Lindsay 70), Harkness, Gault, Murphy, Bailie, Garrett (Miskimmin 58), Curran, O?Kane (McAreavey 49), Munster, Ferguson

Linfield Subs not used :

Addis, White

No mate.

The Terrace is for, and I quote : "Discussion about all things related to football and HMFC"

A lot on here like Linfield and a few on here I believe are indebted to a top Linfield bloke looking after them at recent Glens game.

So the link is clear-add in Matty Docherty and the fact we should have signed Peter Thompson and there we have it, link established.

Did Ivan go to Derry for the game?

Would usually have went for Derry but as Ivan was such a gent I wanted Linfield to win. However from what I saw it was Men against Overweight Boys.

the fact we should have signed Peter Thompson and there we have it, link established.

That's more or less the most tenuous link I've ever heard of.

Colonel Kurtz
No he is injured, he got a one year deal and my mates have not seen enough of him to see if he will break into 1st team.

Matty comes from "Derry

No police allowed in ground, stewards are more or less all ex provos, what do you expect, hands across the water.

Interesting comment, what it a through away one or do you have any basis for it? Genuine question.

As I understand it (based on a previous visit there for a league match) It's not that police aren't allowed in the ground due to anything sinister. The PSNI are happy that trouble is pretty much non existent at The Brandywell and leave it to the club to manage things with stewards only. This suits the club as they don't have to pay bills to the PSNI.

Admitedly it's interesting that the PSNI didn't insist on a presence there on Monday night however, given the increased potential for over exuberence.

A team who has a picture of the Queen in their dressing room and known to be the loyalist side of Northern Ireland, lose to a team from the Republic. Hardly suprising there was trouble.

A team who has a picture of the Queen in their dressing room and known to be the loyalist side of Northern Ireland, lose to a team from the Republic. Hardly suprising there was trouble.

Londonderry is not in the republic.

Well spotted. This is what happens when you don't read a thread properly. ;)

Although, the Derry fans were waving a tri-colour.

It's a bit of a pity that everyone seems to be doing the "flag debate" thing rather than laughing their collective mamallion protruberences off at the fact the supporters that threw the flare smoked themselves out due to wind direction. Priceless :)

Not sure which side of the religious divide they are from but who cares funny as ****

just a slightly different slant on the thread

It's a bit of a pity that everyone seems to be doing the "flag debate" thing rather than laughing their collective mamallion protruberences off at the fact the supporters that threw the flare smoked themselves out due to wind direction. Priceless...

I remember a derby at fester road during in the old terracing days. It was either just before or just after Guy Fawkes night and plenty JT's were firing rockets through the small bit of no-man's land into the vermin. Our rockets flew straight and true.

One of them managed to get close to the segregation and lit a rocket to fire back at us and we watched as it turned 180 degrees half way across to fly straight back into them.

Even fireworks hate the hibs.

Bomber Harris

2 points:

1. The flare seemed to miss so no one was injured

2. Not sure if there any any good blacksmiths who can give some advice on how to get a secure foundation for the fence to stop it moving about so easily

Maybe not but Derry City play in the League of Ireland.

Rather like Berwick Rangers.

I remember a derby at fester road during in the old terracing days. It was either just before or just after Guy Fawkes night and plenty JT's were firing rockets through the small bit of no-man's land into the vermin. Our rockets flew straight and true.

One of them managed to get close to the segregation and lit a rocket to fire back at us and we watched as it turned 180 degrees half way across to fly straight back into them.

Even fireworks hate the hibs.

I recall a firework being launched into the Gorgie Rd end Vs Celtic. Cannae mind what year it was though.

Archived