Films about Football

Gershwin

Went to see Linha De Passe last night and it got me thinking. Quite a lot of films try and shoot football scenes but they almost always end up looking terrible. You can usually tell the actor has never seen a football in his life, let alone tried to kick one.

So what films do football well?

On a side note LDP has some really decent fitba scenes and I'd recommend going to see it. One of those films you could watch for hours and not get bored.

jambo-rocker

i always found 'there's only one jimmy grimble' reasonably decent at shooting the football scenes

even though at times it can be a bit cheesy

Escape To Victory

Job sorted just get real football players to star in a film about football.Just don't give them much dialogue in the film and you can't go wrong.I mean who the hell can't like Escape To Victory ?

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

mean machine wasnt too bad!

did anyone know that steve banks was in the green street footballing scene :cool:

BASIL_HEARTS

i liked Goal. the first one. The soundtrack was pretty decent with some oasis songs, but you knew what was going to happen at the start of the film i guess

mean machine wasnt too bad!

did anyone know that steve banks was in the green street footballing scene :cool:

Mean Machine? A really bad Britflick remake of a tired old grid iron film:sad:

Das Wunder von Bern (The Miracle of Bern?)

The football shots almost exactly replicate the action from the 1954 World Cup final. The only problem is that the stadium looks very small and too computer-generated.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

when i said mean machine i meant in terms of the footballing scene in it!

read the whole thread before u make statements like u did

Ray Winstone
I would say Kes has the most realistic football scene for any movie.Brian Glover superstar.

I did a remake of that at school in the Brian Glover role!

We used video along with the on stage production so we managed to film an outside football scene.

Was brilliant fun and better than the origional!

when i said mean machine i meant in terms of the footballing scene in it!

read the whole thread before u make statements like u did

It's about football films, it sucks.

Cant remember title but...... was allegedly the story of the first team to win the world cup...think it is based on true story...coalminers/pub team, mistaken for the mighty Woolwich Arsenal are invited to take part in a European tournament, starring Dennis Waterman......the reaction of the pub team at watching the mighty Juventus score a free kick by curling the ball around the wall of players was hilarious.

vladtheexhaler
Went to see Linha De Passe last night and it got me thinking. Quite a lot of films try and shoot football scenes but they almost always end up looking terrible. You can usually tell the actor has never seen a football in his life, let alone tried to kick one.

So what films do football well?

On a side note LDP has some really decent fitba scenes and I'd recommend going to see it. One of those films you could watch for hours and not get bored.

Made me want to steal buses.

northfieldhearts
Cant remember title but...... was allegedly the story of the first team to win the world cup...think it is based on true story...coalminers/pub team, mistaken for the mighty Woolwich Arsenal are invited to take part in a European tournament, starring Dennis Waterman......the reaction of the pub team at watching the mighty Juventus score a free kick by curling the ball around the wall of players was hilarious.

The World Cup: A Captains Tale

Excellent film

What about a Shot at Glory??? Or the Zidane Film of his last 90 minutes for Real Madrid

Archived