Makela

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I know its fashionable to knock our current squad, and god knows the majority of them deserve it but I am starting to feel really sorry for big Juho. He isnt the worlds best player but for gods sake cant we give the guy a chance. I have just watched the highlights of the Inversneckie reserve game and the big guy tried his arse off from what I can see from the highlights. His attitude looks good (still smiling and getting involved) and HE CAN SCORE GOALS.

We have absolutly nothing to lose by putting him in. Give him a 10 game run and if he stinks, punt him permanantly in the transfer window. You never know, the boost in confidence might be the answer. I know he has looked suspect at times in the games he has played but wouldnt you if you knew it was one game then back in the stiffs.

He has to be better than Jamie Mole and his presence up front may be more of a worry to Lurch Jones than the rest of the dross up front this year,

Go on Csaba, give the big man a break.

Guest jambomickey
I know its fashionable to knock our current squad, and god knows the majority of them deserve it but I am starting to feel really sorry for big Juho. He isnt the worlds best player but for gods sake cant we give the guy a chance. I have just watched the highlights of the Inversneckie reserve game and the big guy tried his arse off from what I can see from the highlights. His attitude looks good (still smiling and getting involved) and HE CAN SCORE GOALS.

We have absolutly nothing to lose by putting him in. Give him a 10 game run and if he stinks, punt him permanantly in the transfer window. You never know, the boost in confidence might be the answer. I know he has looked suspect at times in the games he has played but wouldnt you if you knew it was one game then back in the stiffs.

He has to be better than Jamie Mole and his presence up front may be more of a worry to Lurch Jones than the rest of the dross up front this year,

the guy can't control the ball, his second touch is a tackle

Captain Scarlett

I sort of agree with u here. If he can score against barcelona he cant be that bad. Ok his last couple of 1st team outings havent been great but not many players in the squad have had great games anyway so yeah why not.

missed a couple sitters for the reserves and got lucky with his goal. give him a couple more reserve games and if he does well give him a chance as mole does enough running about the park and plays well but when it comes to scoring, only 1 goal. ksanavicius isnt a player and should of left when ivaskevicius did

I know its fashionable to knock our current squad, and god knows the majority of them deserve it but I am starting to feel really sorry for big Juho. He isn't the worlds best player but for gods sake cant we give the guy a chance. I have just watched the highlights of the Inversneckie reserve game and the big guy tried his arse off from what I can see from the highlights. His attitude looks good (still smiling and getting involved) and HE CAN SCORE GOALS.

We have absolutly nothing to lose by putting him in. Give him a 10 game run and if he stinks, punt him permanently in the transfer window. You never know, the boost in confidence might be the answer. I know he has looked suspect at times in the games he has played but wouldn't you if you knew it was one game then back in the stiffs.

Punt him ? who too, i cant see anyone wanting him mate, its a shame but his first touch is appalling nope he ain't the answer, he is worse than Clum and Mole, Glen is out of the picture too, so its Nade and Tulberg to choose from, with number 29 playing in the hole.

jack D and coke

So he took a bad touch and we ended up losing a goal from it but the boy has never had a run in the team to build up any sort of confidence and even when we gave him a couple of games the season before last we played him out of position. Csaba is starting to get my goat, how he can watch the utter sh*te he's watching and continue selecting them(if he's selecting them) but immediately relegate the likes of Makela to the reserves never to return and publicly slate another promising forward then the sooner he's gone the better. I've said it before if Makela's worse than some of the pish we're having to endure i'd eat my c*ck.

I was one of the people clambering for him to get a few games.

This was based on goals scored in other league's reserves etc.

After witnessing first hand a couple of performances.

I have come to the conclusion he is not good enough.

After having to suffer Mole this season i see no reason for not trying someone diffrent up front. Makela is certainly not any worse than Mole( is it technically possible to be a worse striker than mole?) and should be given a crack at the whip. Personally im holding out for Tullberg to come good.

I agree, He knows where the goal is, we should play to his strengths and get Nade to feed the ball to him Just outside the Box and then he can score.

Maybe the derby ain't the game but other teams seem to give him a chance and he scores. We don't. How many players have we had recently who we played for one game (and they played well) and then shoved them out of the team. When they are brought in a month later, we expect them to perform. At least Laslo has put a stop to that :)

I have to say though, I haven't been impressed so far;) and I do think Nade and Tullberg could provide something!

Guest Fabuloso
Maybe the derby ain't the game but other teams seem to give him a chance and he scores. We don't. How many players have we had recently who we played for one game (and they played well) and then shoved them out of the team. When they are brought in a month later, we expect them to perform. At least Laslo has put a stop to that :)

I have to say though, I haven't been impressed so far;) and I do think Nade and Tullberg could provide something!

It just doesn't matter. The team, the manager, who plays, which position - it's all secondary to the real issues affecting the club. This should be the PRIMARY topic of debate until we get our club back. Discussing the team selection is understandable (we're fans after all) however it is insignificant given what's happening to the club as a whole.

I read another post tonight which quoted the best Hearts moment being when Robbo lifted the Scottish Cup. I had to agree. Great times - look how distant those memories are now.

With Makela and eslija out of contract in May can't see either getting a run. Must be on good appearance fee too.

It just doesn't matter.

I understand what you are saying. But I also think the club has been 'poisoned' through the goings on - all fault lies with Vlad - but I think what is happening now is genuine (but it's all spoilt because of the past). If you know what I mean :eek:

With Makela and eslija out of contract in May can't see either getting a run. Must be on good appearance fee too.

I wanted Makela given a fair chance at the club, considering his goal tally on loan and reserves and was delighted when he came on against Motherwell, my delight turned to despair within a few minutes after the way he controlled (or couldn't control rather!) a ball!, shocking display from a supposed professional footballer!

I agree, He knows where the goal is, we should play to his strengths and get Nade to feed the ball to him Just outside the Box and then he can score.

I know where the goals are, I just can't get the ball in them.

Guest Fabuloso
I understand what you are saying. But I also think the club has been 'poisoned' through the goings on - all fault lies with Vlad - but I think what is happening now is genuine (but it's all spoilt because of the past). If you know what I mean :eek:

Why would you think that though? We have to look at the track record of VR and base our judgements on that surely. Optimism is commendable, understandable, however also naive in this case. Not a slant on you my friend, we all want what's best for Hearts, however the majority shareholder wants what's best for him and his company. What he wants from Hearts is not what the fans want. Until we get rid of him team selection remains a side-show for fans to discuss on internet forums or over a pint.

I think that there is no way he could play as a solo striker. It is just not in his game as he can't do anything in buildup play.

But with another striker up there and a midfield who could get good balls into the box I think that Makela would score goals. He wouldn't do much else but I think he would score goals. The competition for that 2nd striker position so far this season has been Kingston, Obua, Ksnavicius and Mole. I don't think that Makela scoring goals would be a poorer contribution than those 4 have made as the 2nd striker.

Tynecastle Valhalla

He is worth a try but as previously stated he needs a run in the team, not judged over one game or one subs appearance. he offers something different to what we have at the moment.

I've said it before if Makela's worse than some of the pish we're having to endure i'd eat my c*ck.

Better get ready for some c*ck munching because he is! Having watched him in the reserves and first team over the last couple of seasons, he is terrible! He is worse than calum elliot. He is worse than jamie mole.

I feel sorry for him as well because he is being forced to waste away at a level too high for him, he should be playing at a lower level.

saying that, his ?5k a week or whatever he is on will probably make him feel a bit better

Better get ready for some c*ck munching because he is! Having watched him in the reserves and first team over the last couple of seasons, he is terrible! He is worse than calum elliot. He is worse than jamie mole.

I feel sorry for him as well because he is being forced to waste away at a level too high for him, he should be playing at a lower level.

saying that, his ?5k a week or whatever he is on will probably make him feel a bit better

I agree with all you say except the feeling sorry for him bit. He is on amazing money even if he were to be our best striker.

As for being at too high a level, I'm sure if he were that bothered there would be plenty "lesser" teams than ours who would take him if he dropped his salary demands. I feel sorry that our team is so bad up top that despite him making a total James Hunt of every first team chance he has had, people still want him back in. He's hopeless.

missed a couple sitters for the reserves and got lucky with his goal.

I've never seen him in the reserves so I can't say for certain, but I do find it a bit odd the amount of times I hear Makela got lucky with this goal or that. Whether he's the luckiest player ever or people are being harsh, he scores goals which is all that matters in the end - who cares if they're lucky goals or not?

I'm in the camp who thinks that Makela should get a run in the team, as a striker not wide where he always seems to be played. As others have said he scores goals. No other strikers are scoring this season.

I've just watched the highlights of the reserve game v ICT and Makela consistently gets himself into goal scoring positions. He misses a lot but even Jimmy Greaves, one of the all time great goal poachers, only scored one in three. If Makela misses five chances in a game but scores with the sixth he'd be better than anyone playing for us at the moment.

Henry's right glove

The problem being that we don't create 5 chances in a game. Makela can trap a ball further than i can kick it he's that bad! Whoever thinks he can do a better job than Jamie Mole is wrong. I think they'd score about the same goals as each other - next to none - but at least if we play Mole we can play balls over the top and he can outpace a defender to them. He can hold the ball up - not always great control - but Makela doesn't have a first or second touch. Mole is the better of two poor strikers in my opinion.

By the way, don't anyone feel sorry for him - he had the chance to leave in January but turned it down because he is on such an astronomical wage at Hearts. If he was ambitious and wanted to play every week he'd have left.

Same conclusion I've arrived at with him. Not good enough.

I wonder what like he'd be partnered with Tullburg. I've seen other strikers in the past who had really crap first touches and had very little football about them - but they knew where the goals were. Boyd falls into this category and Alex Ferguson when he played for Dunfermline, and Rangers. Maybe he's be worth a punt against Hibs - anything would be better than playing the out of form Jamie Mole just now.

I can't beleive any of you want Makela playing in the first team. I have been to the majority of the reserve games this season and he is total and utter murder. I have lost count the number of times various people Hearts fans and our opposition fans wetting themseleves at his attempt to control a ball. He is total and utter mince.

He scored against Inverness (he didnt mean it!!) , but apart from that he was absolutely honking. He is seriously the worst footballer I have ever seen, he has no positional sense, cant control a ball. The one thing I will admit is he gets into decent positions, and if you played him for the whole season he probably would end up our top scorer, but if thats the level were happy with, were as good as giving up the ghost.

I think whoever scouted him, should have been shot !!! There was an old guy sitting next to me at the Inverness reserve game and he turned round to me and said is he not the worst player you have ever seen............. that says it all.

Hes keek !

I think that the problem with Makela is that we've consistently asked him to play in positions where he isn't comfortable. Playing him on the right wing was ridiculous.

He's a poacher, and that's all that he'll ever be. He won't add much else to a performance. Whether or not we can afford that luxury is open to debate.

Id have liked to have seen Makela given a couple of games lately in hindsight. Before the games id have said go with Mole, but now I reckon it cant get much worse so why keep playing Mole. The boys got potential but it just aint working. If its broke, fix it.

Your writing style.

Is strange to say the least.

Its almost like you want to keep.

Pausing and taking a breath.

Every time you say something.

Give Juho a chance Csaba

jack D and coke
I agree with all you say except the feeling sorry for him bit. He is on amazing money even if he were to be our best striker.

As for being at too high a level, I'm sure if he were that bothered there would be plenty "lesser" teams than ours who would take him if he dropped his salary demands. I feel sorry that our team is so bad up top that despite him making a total James Hunt of every first team chance he has had, people still want him back in. He's hopeless.

Apart from his bad touch against motherwell tell me the other times he's made a james hunt of his chance? Then tell me how many times miko or clum or audrey or mole has played pish and been selected week in week out. Miko is supposed to be a forward and has scored 11 goals in 5 f***** seasons with maybe even less assists! I reckon i could give Hearts a better return than that little d*ck but he never loses his place does he. We probably cant play with 2 strikers because it would mean audrey or miko wouldn't play and we cant have that.

Your writing style.

Is strange to say the least.

Its almost like you want to keep.

Pausing and taking a breath.

Every time you say something.

Give Juho a chance Csaba

old habits die hard. I picked this up from writing thousands of emails over the years.

He appears to be the type of player who is in the right place at the right time and just scores.

The problem is- we're not even getting the ball into the right place. Because of this Juho has to come back and actively look for the ball, this is where the trouble arises because he's not great.

He's also rusty and this comes together and gives you the 20 yard first touch we saw against Motherwell.

Have to say I'm generally supportive of the 'give him a decent run' argument :eek:

However I've read far too many posts on here, from guys that at least knew 90% of the squad names :rolleyes: , where he was labelled as pesh - week in week out :sad:

His outing against Motherwell would appear to reaffirm that ............as he was simply atrocious in my opinion.

I watched his dismal run late on, when he was put clean through and yet somehow managed to footer aboot until dispossessed, and I said to the mate "I think he's just signed his own death warrant there"

Archived