help....comp security

lyonjambo

My Norton 360(yep its rubbish) is about to expire and I was wondering if any one knows anything online that is better(and free or cheaper).

Thanks in advance

i`ve been using AVG for a years and had no problems, or try Avaste (think thats how it`s spelled?)

best thing to do is get shot of Norton, i had it for years and it always ****ed up one way or another, slowed things down and the like. Soon as i changed to AVG, hey presto! happy PC.

Commander Harris

avg is free and decent but the scans can take a while and I personally think it's a little bloated.

avira anti-virus is what I'm using at the moment, not a resource hog, scans quickly, plenty of options. only downside is an advert that pops up when you update but I can live with that.

Switched from AVG to Avira a couple of months ago, 1 pop up advert a day, but it seems to be doing a great job. Also switched to Comodo from Zone Alarm and I'm very happy with that too.

thanks, just got AVG - so will be disappearing and doing the restart thing soon(wont be back because I have the flu and I don't want to spread it about)!

Thanks for help.

ps - how do i delete norton? do i just bung it in my rubbish bin? (can't say trashcan is too american...)

thanks, just got AVG - so will be disappearing and doing the restart thing soon(wont be back because I have the flu and I don't want to spread it about)!

Thanks for help.

ps - how do i delete norton? do i just bung it in my rubbish bin? (can't say trashcan is too american...)

Either uninstall throught the start menu etc, or in Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.

Archived