best nightclub uptown?

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

On the subject I am going out in Glasgow on Sat. Anyone recommend anywhere?

what kind of music do you like? whats your average type place to go?

Have to say, I've been to Why Not, Candy Bar etc and they're all overpriced and full of tossers / rich kids (Are they the same thing? Up to you).

Personally give me a pint and a quiet bar where I can have a decent sit about with my mates.

Amen to that....

I've only been to George street a couple of times but have to agree it is full of tossers/rich kids or pathetic haird dressers trying to find footballers!!

..... and that!

my birthday next saturday(day before derby) and am goin uptown, been nearly evrywhere uptown but duno where to go for my birthday...will go by majority vote on this cos my mates are useless at decidin!

cav city and mood are out the picture...feckin ****holes

I bet ul end up goin to the balmwell then to stereo..:107years:

two best clubnights edinburgh has ever produced in my eyes. RIP pure. dogma, higher ground and scratch make up the rest.

Apart from Manga !! Especially when Codenine were playing ;)

Apart from Manga !! Especially when Codenine were playing ;)

could'nt say. I dont really like drum and bass apart from the odd tune like champion sounds and some of the ram records stuff. think i went to manga once and just could not get into. always liked the techno better.

could'nt say. I dont really like drum and bass apart from the odd tune like champion sounds and some of the ram records stuff. think i went to manga once and just could not get into. always liked the techno better.

Get yourself along to the City Cafe every second Friday (not tomorrow) to hear some quality liquid D&B from the Codenine boys.

scottish_chicP
what kind of music do you like? whats your average type place to go?

It would probably be somewhere reasonably cheesy. Good chart music to dance to kind of stuff.

It would probably be somewhere reasonably cheesy. Good chart music to dance to kind of stuff.

try the garage on sauchiehall street its the studenty place of glasgow and is pretty cheesy and charty so should be perfect for you.

girls have no problems getting in, guys on the other hand not so much. especially big groups of them.

scottish_chicP
try the garage on sauchiehall street its the studenty place of glasgow and is pretty cheesy and charty so should be perfect for you.

girls have no problems getting in, guys on the other hand not so much. especially big groups of them.

Its ok I am wearing a low cut top haha :P

Its ok I am wearing a low cut top haha :P

you'll sail in,

but should you fail the getting into the garage try the ABC up the road. not too sure of the music there tho. google 'abc glasgow' for the website.

Get yourself along to the City Cafe every second Friday (not tomorrow) to hear some quality liquid D&B from the Codenine boys.

not to be confused with Kode9 the more famous dubstep dj and producer.

will keep it in mind.

scottish_chicP
you'll sail in,

but should you fail the getting into the garage try the ABC up the road. not too sure of the music there tho. google 'abc glasgow' for the website.

Cool thanks. :)

my birthday next saturday(day before derby)

If you like house music then its got to be Ultragroove @ Cabaret Voltaire.

two best clubnights edinburgh has ever produced in my eyes. RIP pure. dogma, higher ground and scratch make up the rest.

You ever go to Sativa, Lift or Purple Moon? Some quality hard/acid techno action there!

You ever go to Sativa, Lift or Purple Moon? Some quality hard/acid techno action there!

sativa was just a fraction before my time i think it ran till 96 and i would of only been 17 then. started going to pure not long after that tho with the first one being David Holmes. was at some of the pure v sativa nights with dave tarrida and steve glencross and they where amazing.

not to be confused with Kode9 the more famous dubstep dj and producer.

will keep it in mind.

The more famous ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! How dare you !!!!

only kidding mate ;)

Come and introduce yourself if you head along, always good to put faces to names.

Generic Username

I do love Liquid Rooms, especially when Evol was on - used to be a Friday night.

Desperate to get along to the next Madchester there aswell.

tommythejambo
Exactly.

I personally cannae stand stuck up folk so tend to stay away from George Street unless there is nowt on.

I'd MUCH rather go to a hole with good music and good folk than a swanky IKEA designed club full of shop door fronts.

Best clubs in Edinburgh: The Liquid Room or Cab Vol

Hard to disagree with that, especially if something is on.

Governor Tarkin
If you like house music then its got to be Ultragroove @ Cabaret Voltaire.

Good shout, although prefer the music at Sugarbeat on the last friday of every month :)

What about a Friday?

Going uptown with a few mates tomorrow as we don't have to get up in the morning for football.

Been recommended Hive.

The People's Chimp
you'll sail in,

It's mainly "indie" and "electro" (lol) if you know what i mean.

the most "electro" it gets is a soulwax remix or a justice tune, thrown in amongst various guitar stuff.

It's alright as it's usually full of fits birds, but it's more of a gig venue that then gets turned into a club.

as a gig venue it's pretty good. Seen a few there, a pre 1st album arctic monkeys and mogwai being the highlights.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
the bmc club do a barry pre disco (closes at 1) then trodd off up to massa.

good times

Aye, you find plenty old tarts in there.

Ugly MILFs :P

A hole, but the best music in Edinburgh.

Stuck up ****s on George Street.

"Alright love.."

"What care do you drive..?"

"Eh, Fiesta"

"Oh, so you won't earn over ?30k?"

"Nope.."

*She walks away...*

Aye, i know where you're coming from.

If you rummage, though, there's many a sleg to be had. True story.

Malcolm Tucker

George St is terrible, however Shanghai has the best music on a Saturday (but it's 10 quid to get in!)

I love Liquid Room though, would reccommend there!

IMHO Why Not aint too bad on a friday night and a lot of my mates from school and uni go there anyway so it makes for some good craic.

Saturday night I tend to give town a miss, being a student and all its easier to go out during the week than at the weekends!

But if pressed I would say Shanghi. If you are a student sign yourself up for the discount card. 20% off every night, 40% off on a monday and priority guestlist. Only costs ?1 to get it!

A rundown of the best nights/venues in Edinburgh as I see it would go:

Sunday: Shanghi

Monday: tough one, take your pick, no good deals on really.

Tuesday: As above

Wednesday: Liquid rooms is top on a wednesday night.

Thursday: Lulu: cheaper than usual.

Friday: Why not

Saturday: Back to Shanghi

Aye, i know where you're coming from.

If you rummage, though, there's many a sleg to be had. True story.

Same as every where mate.

Was in Citrus last night, not bad talent, good tunes and some skin heads who looked straight from This is England - I was informed they were CCS though. To be fair they kept themselves to themselves, had a dance and enjoyed the tunes.

If you mean at Studio 24 they rebranded it Retribution. Never the same. :D

I only went to the Venue twice, and that was for gigs, including my first one. Both were to see Hundred Reasons.

I would've been at them. They put on a good show, quality band.

I would've been at them. They put on a good show, quality band.

They do.

Its a bit frustrating how little coverage they get.

Getting so peeved at everyone naming Liquid Rooms as the best club, I like it too but can't fecking go anymore.

Arghhhh.

Malcolm Tucker
IMHO Why Not aint too bad on a friday night and a lot of my mates from school and uni go there anyway so it makes for some good craic.

Saturday night I tend to give town a miss, being a student and all its easier to go out during the week than at the weekends!

But if pressed I would say Shanghi. If you are a student sign yourself up for the discount card. 20% off every night, 40% off on a monday and priority guestlist. Only costs ?1 to get it!

A rundown of the best nights/venues in Edinburgh as I see it would go:

Sunday: Shanghi

Monday: tough one, take your pick, no good deals on really.

Tuesday: As above

Wednesday: Liquid rooms is top on a wednesday night.

Thursday: Lulu: cheaper than usual.

Friday: Why not

Saturday: Back to Shanghi

Shanghai has student night on Mondays. Cheap(er) drinks and cheap(er) entry.

Berlin on a Thursday is good as well.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Getting so peeved at everyone naming Liquid Rooms as the best club, I like it too but can't fecking go anymore.

Arghhhh.

Liquid Rooms is barry.

They are having a poker night tonight. ;)

Archived