Early morning drinking

Norfolk and Chance

Norfolk and Chance

Does anyone know of nice places to drink in edinburgh city centre at 8am? I know already about Penny Black and the Scotsman

Dont think anywhere nice is open early, all frequented by jakeys i would think that time of morning :) I noticed the other week the 1/4 gill at newington had closed, that was an early morning pub...

Dont think anywhere nice is open early, all frequented by jakeys i would think that time of morning :) I noticed the other week the 1/4 gill at newington had closed, that was an early morning pub...

Dont talk nonsense some of the finest pillars of the community are found in these honey pots!

phoenix on broughton street used to be half eight in the morning if you can hang on that extra half hour. great pub. not been in there at that time for a while tho.

phoenix on broughton street used to be half eight in the morning if you can hang on that extra half hour. great pub. not been in there at that time for a while tho.

I can confirm its still a great pub.... not sure if its open early still, do remember a messy one in there about 3 years ago.

I can confirm its still a great pub.... not sure if its open early still, do remember a messy one in there about 3 years ago.

i used to live about 5 minutes from the phoenix so spent many a sat morning in there after going to the likes of pure etc. meet some right characters in there but never any really schemies which was good.

scotsman on the other i hand i always found to full of guys discussing such topics as which wing at a particular prison was the best. great.

I love early morning pubs/drinking - the amount of cracking sessions I had at the Penny Black!

Era Macaroons

Didnt the Pheonix used to be a gay bar? till about, em, 3 years ago?:P

Also The Marksman on Duke Street, Leaf. open at 6am and has just this week reopened after having been completely renovated inside and out.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

The Dodger (Sighthill) is open early most days, apart from Sundays (I think). I've spent many a morning jaked in there still going from the night before. Drinking Jack Daniels at 10am is great.

Happy Days.

:P

It would probably kill me nowadays right enough.

Also The Marksman on Duke Street, Leaf. open at 6am and has just this week reopened after having been completely renovated inside and out.

No, never been a gay bar. Getting gayer by the minute though!

Also, used to be a strip bar way back in the day, so I'm told!

phoenix has never been a gay pub in the time i have known it. although some of the other bars around there are obviously that way inclined....

HAHA I was wondering if they were going to reopen as the Marksman, I couldnt understand why they'd refit it, I'm sure it wasnt after any complaints from the punters.

Era I take it you go in there for a quick pint and game of who can wet them self first with the regulars before work?

;)

CO; I used to fequent it post club also... had some excellent laughs in there.

There's footage of me dancing in the Scotsman to no music with the old boys @ 7am on youtube somewhere from about 4 years ago... muchos banter.

Era Macaroons
No, never been a gay bar. Getting gayer by the minute though!

Also, used to be a strip bar way back in the day, so I'm told!

strip bar was probably what I was thinking of then

Era Macaroons
HAHA I was wondering if they were going to reopen as the Marksman, I couldnt understand why they'd refit it, I'm sure it wasnt after any complaints from the punters.

Era I take it you go in there for a quick pint and game of who can wet them self first with the regulars before work?

;)

There's footage of me dancing in the Scotsman to no music with the old boys @ 7am on youtube somewhere from about 4 years ago... muchos banter.

If anything the shabby-ness of the Marksman was a draw for its clientele, and they havent put the name 'Marksman' back up yet, but im sure it will be retained.

As a professional KM :rolleyes: you will never find me in there pre-work, I value the 1/2 hour extra in my kip more than a pint wi jaikes/straglers.

Have ventured in post-work a couple of times purley for marketing purposes;)

Now, if you could just post that youtube link to save me searching, gid lad.

Commander Harris

;)

link?! :D

Archived