Csaba Tonight

badly drawn boy

badly drawn boy

Just back from the gorgie suite where the boss and mikey s were in attendance answering questions along with Rob Mclean and Scott Booth from setanta

Some points from the answers given

Csaba aint happy with gary glen its fair to say , i did think about putting this on here but for Csaba to react the way he did on front of 150 people when asked why hes not involved , then hes not bothered about making his feelings public

He also i think pretty much confirmed he will look to bring back the dancing man from Livi in january and its him we should be asking about

He is hoping/confident he can sign 4/5 players in january

Though Berra captain he has a number of players like Mikey /Zal /Kari that represent the players , he has had many meetings for long hours with Mikey discussing tactics and football in general

Very frustrated with results especially Killie -Mikey stood up and apologised to the dressing room after the killie game for his mistake , which is he wants

Spoke about when he first arrived and said there was a coaches table , a scot table , lithuanian ,etc at meetings -couldnt believe how divided the team was

Not a fan of scottish refs , and was clear there is a west coast bias

cheers for update mate

I just wish Shabba and the 'players' would start doing there talking on the pitch

Not happy with glen!!! well shabba I can assure you he's better than Mole

cheers for update mate

I just wish Shabba and the 'players' would start doing there talking on the pitch

If your choice of strikers is as good as your choice of woman then he's better going else where for advice.

;)

PS I probably agree that Glens a better choice.

cheers for update mate

Cos you take training every day right enough. :rolleyes:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

WTF is the problem with Glen?

Good to see Mikey taking responsibility. He's definitely one of the few positives and one of the few who care.

As for Elliot. **** OFF. :mad:

Chad Sexington
cheers for update mate

Glen was reported to be less than impressive in the reserves last game.

Csaba sees him in training every day.

No doubt after a couple of unimpressive performances for the first team you would be on here calling Glen a wage thief as well.

Maybe Csaba is protecting Glen from hysterics like you.

:rolleyes:

badly drawn boy
Could you please expand more on the Glen banter?

Collective gasps to his response , he ranted a little -he has a pathetic attitude and will be sold from the club if he doesnt change now and on and on

Up to that point he was passionate , funny etc but one G Glen subject brought up , visibly angry -said he was at a reserve game toiday i think and G Glens attitude was a disgrace ,

Others that were there can add to this , not sure saying this in a public forum helps but clearly Csaba is past caring

He has seriously p----- him off and if he doesnt change his attitude now , then i think its bye bye

Cos you take training every day right enough. :rolleyes:

Frankly I dont care if glen shows up every day for training then proceeds to sit with a bottle of bucky on a sun lounger for the rest of the session whilst mole single handedly runs off to africa and saves dying babies, Glen did enough last season to show he should be starting for the forseeable future

Mole is not a lone striker and needs confidence out on loan, even elliott can score in the 1st Div FFS

sadly I dont think mole is good enough, at least not at this time whereas Glen has already shown he is a handful who knows where the net is

So basically there going to end up ****ing glen off and out the club

I suppose at least he might not end up at the OF given he has interested man utd in the past;)

jamboinglasgow

curious, I want to hear more for his reasons for not picking Glen, surely that is what is needed to be said.

Also the fact that player divisions still existed in the summer should show how hard his job is.

Was there not a thread a few days ago about Glens agent, Gary Mackay, arranging a meeting with Csaba today?

Maybe that's got under our gaffer's skin.

jack D and coke

What was the alledged Glen story the other week at Falkirk again? Was he not selected by Csaba then apparently dropped by fax or have i got it wrong?

siegementality
Just back from the gorgie suite where the boss and mikey s were in attendance answering questions along with Rob Mclean and Scott Booth from setanta

Some points from the answers given

Csaba aint happy with gary glen its fair to say , i did think about putting this on here but for Csaba to react the way he did on front of 150 people when asked why hes not involved , then hes not bothered about making his feelings public

He also i think pretty much confirmed he will look to bring back the dancing man from Livi in january and its him we should be asking about

He is hoping/confident he can sign 4/5 players in january

Though Berra captain he has a number of players like Mikey /Zal /Kari that represent the players , he has had many meetings for long hours with Mikey discussing tactics and football in general

Very frustrated with results especially Killie -Mikey stood up and apologised to the dressing room after the killie game for his mistake , which is he wants

Spoke about when he first arrived and said there was a coaches table , a scot table , lithuanian ,etc at meetings -couldnt believe how divided the team was

Not a fan of scottish refs , and was clear there is a west coast bias

Csaba is a yes man.

Clum coming back from Livi, and probably straight back into the team, tells you everything you need to know about this clown.

As for the division in the team, the people he is working "together" with are the ones who would have been sitting at the "coaches table" so if they were part of the cause why didn't he ask for them to be emptied?

As for the Scottish refs, fecks sake talk about reverting to type, we've only played one half of the old firm and were beaten convincingly, how exactly has he identified west coast bias?

Csaba is full of sheite.

Collective gasps to his response , he ranted a little -he has a pathetic attitude and will be sold from the club if he doesnt change now and on and on

Up to that point he was passionate , funny etc but one G Glen subject brought up , visibly angry -said he was at a reserve game toiday i think and G Glens attitude was a disgrace ,

Others that were there can add to this , not sure saying this in a public forum helps but clearly Csaba is past caring

He has seriously p----- him off and if he doesnt change his attitude now , then i think its bye bye

Thats MASSIVELY dissapointing. :sad:

Of course he knows more than we do as he sees him everyday but I'm questioning his judgement on this one.

Glen, who looked like a real prospect last season or Mole who has had 9 or so starts and delivered 1 goal and NOTHING else.

Jam Tarts 1874

Have only been to a couple of reserve games so far this season. Glen has looked lively without being a threat. I'm not a great one for tactics and positions so if Csaba is unhappy with him I have to assume that Glen was not being in the places he was meant to be at various passages of play.

Jambof3tornado
Frankly I dont care if glen shows up every day for training then proceeds to sit with a bottle of bucky on a sun lounger for the rest of the session whilst mole single handedly runs off to africa and saves dying babies, Glen did enough last season to show he should be starting for the forseeable future

Mole is not a lone striker and needs confidence out on loan, even elliott can score in the 1st Div FFS

sadly I dont think mole is good enough, at least not at this time whereas Glen has already shown he is a handful who knows where the net is

Do you really think Glen did that much last season to warrant us all to think he should be the 1st name on the team sheet??

I dont rate Mole at all,but I also think people get carried away with Glen,who was quiet at todays reserve game and had little effect on proceedings,and from what I can remember looked a good prospect last season but no more than that.

J.T.F.Robertson

So I'll assume he's been equally pi55ed off with the attitude/displays of Audrey and the like, and that will explain why they never get a game. :rolleyes:

A bit of consistency would be nice.

Do you really think Glen did that much last season to warrant us all to think he should be the 1st name on the team sheet??

I dont rate Mole at all,but I also think people get carried away with Glen,who was quiet at todays reserve game and had little effect on proceedings,and from what I can remember looked a good prospect last season but no more than that.

I do yes

He was about the only reason that last 3 or 4 games where worth attending, hes pacey skillful and knows where the net is

I also don't swallow the club blaming Glens attitude

Call me a cynic but pre season glen got a cut thigh, now most men would get a few stitches and be fine days later

The club managed to keep glen out for a good 2 months for it

I wonder if maybe they have been holding him back against his wishes and he has expressed to them this concern

At the end of the day the way we have been playing Glen and Tullberg should be given a run of games together

Sorry Prancer, but that is bollocks.

If the management team feel that Glen has an attitude problem, then they are absolutely right to keep him away from the first team. Another prima-donna is the last thing we need.

So the Manager was asked why Glen wasn't playing, he gave an honest and frank answer, so he's a puppet?

Crazy!

siegementality

Well he must stand with his eyes fecking shut at first team games then because most of them are just as bad.

I'd like to know why he is singling out Gary Glen and his (allegedly) poor attitude but continues to pick the same sheity first team players who 12,000 odd people have seen have got disgraceful attitudes.

Jam Tarts 1874
Thats MASSIVELY dissapointing. :sad:

Of course he knows more than we do as we see him everyday but I'm questioning his judgement on this one.

Glen, who looked like a real prospect last season or Mole who has had 9 or so starts and delivered 1 goal and NOTHING else.

I would like Glen to be given another first team start sooner than later as well, but maybe Csaba is seeing the Glen who looked terrible in the "must win" 0-0 towards the end of last season at Rugby Park rather than the one who scored against St.Mirren and ICT when it didn't really matter anymore.

Sorry Prancer, but that is bollocks.

If the management team feel that Glen has an attitude problem, then they are absolutely right to keep him away from the first team. Another prima-donna is the last thing we need.

If our management team where not a bunch of spineless puppets with the footballing know how of a goldfish I would agree

Sadly they are and I dont believe its anything to do with football or attitude

Maybe its cynical but I have no doubt its likely true given the pish we have put up with from this club over the last few years

I mean audreys attitude and general ability still gets him a game

jamboinglasgow

this is what worries me, if he has got an attitude from last season that can be dangerous, it can destroy talented players. Hopefully this is a wake up call to him to change his attitude. I think he has the potential and I am pretty sure Csaba knows what he is saying.

monkfish1979
So basically there going to end up ****ing glen off and out the club

I suppose at least he might not end up at the OF given he has interested man utd in the past;)

Indeed. As did Mikey Stewart.

badly drawn boy
Csaba is a yes man.

Clum coming back from Livi, and probably straight back into the team, tells you everything you need to know about this clown.

As for the division in the team, the people he is working "together" with are the ones who would have been sitting at the "coaches table" so if they were part of the cause why didn't he ask for them to be emptied?

As for the Scottish refs, fecks sake talk about reverting to type, we've only played one half of the old firm and were beaten convincingly, how exactly has he identified west coast bias?

Csaba is full of sheite.

Point he was making is most of these refs grow up fans of the old firm and in the split second of a decision , sub conciously former allegiance he thinks come into it

He said German refs if they make the wrong decision have a significant part of their pay docked , he believes it concentrates the mind

To be fair Rob M pretty much confirmed the same that the decision to give in favour of the old firm means you have an easy life and the sheer number of fans at brox/head pushes you in that direction

Scott booth huffed and puffed with all kind of nonsense before eventually conceeding there is a bias whether its because most people in this country support the old firm therefore most refs will also , and whether intentional or not the pressure leads to decisions being made in there favour

So not just the shabba man

siegementality
this is what worries me, if he has got an attitude from last season that can be dangerous, it can destroy talented players. Hopefully this is a wake up call to him to change his attitude. I think he has the potential and I am pretty sure Csaba knows what he is saying.

Is this the same Csaba who only today said "the team need protecting" but hours later assassinates a young player in front of 150 people. A young player who is not there to defend himself.

Some protection you offer Csaba!

I'd like to know why he is singling out Gary Glen and his (allegedly) poor attitude but continues to pick the same sheity first team players who 12,000 odd people have seen have got disgraceful attitudes.

I don't think he was singling him out, somebody asked why he wasn't getting a look in and he responded.

I think the best news to come out of this meeting is that he wants to sign 4/5 players in January.

Chad Sexington

Imagine Gary Glen was played from the start against the hobos and had a stinker.

Then followed it up with poor performances against Aberdeen and Celtic...The same folk clamouring for his inclusion and slamming Csaba for being a puppet, would be declaring Glen not fit for purpose and declaring Csaba an incompetent boob for playing him in the first place.

We don't see him in training every day.

Saying he must be better than what is being played now is pure speculation

Imagine Gary Glen was played from the start against the hobos and had a stinker.

Then followed it up with poor performances against Aberdeen and Celtic...The same folk clamouring for his inclusion and slamming Csaba for being a puppet, would be declaring Glen not fit for purpose and declaring Csaba an incompetent boob for playing him in the first place.

It's not really though.

I've seen Glen play and I've seen Mole play. He IS better than what is being played now!

However your other points are valid. I'm holding back from having a go at Csaba and giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Dissapointing situation none the less. :sad:

Charlie-Brown
Well he must stand with his eyes fecking shut at first team games then because most of them are just as bad.

Wasn't the question why isn't Gary Glen playing?

I think Gary Glen is a tremendous player and prospect - however one worrying aspect and partly related to the Mackay meeting Csaba stories is that he 'might' (and I use that word cautiously) have developed a Billy Big Time attitude on the back of last season and the sky-sports-soccer-am etc. I hope he hasn't but it is at least a possibility.

Sorry to hark on about the past as I know you don't like that or think it has little relevance however I remember Craig Levein discussing why McMullan & Janczyk weren't playing and he'd said he'd had to scrape them down off the ceiling and was trying to teach them they still had everything to prove and had done little or nothing in the game despite some impressive early performances.

Is this the same Csaba who only today said "the team need protecting" but hours later assassinates a young player in front of 150 people. A young player who is not there to defend himself.

I was thinking along the same lines, Glen is a young guy and young guys do have bad attitudes sometimes - surely part of management is keeping players feet on the ground/managing them as people.

If Casba feels he can't play Glen because of his attitude that's one thing and fair enough, that's his decision as a manager but for him to get so angry (by the sounds of it) and start telling people including McLean and Booth who are there from Setanta, that he has a bad attitude etc then that is a bad way to treat him.

J.T.F.Robertson
Obviously Gary Glen requires the right of response here, but how can any of us judge the professional attitude of other players?

Pre-conceived notions of players based on their perceived on-the-field performances are should not cloud your judgement.

From what I pick up, there are a number of them at least giving the perception they don't particularly give much of a toss. Agreed, I don't know that for a fact, but then, perhaps Csaba's opinion of GG is also just based on perception. "joke"

All I'm trying to say is, if he's genuinely dicked off at Gary, I cannot imagine, with some of the insipid stuff we've served up, he would not feel the same way about a few others and apply the same rules to them.

badly drawn boy

I dont think he was singled out , the question was put to him -where is glen or why has he not been qouted and he gave a response , though it was a suprise

Scott Booth i think at some stage said Csaba will want to change the team about as there are 5/6 players in the first team who are not good enough but it will not happen overnight , nods from C confirms he is aware there are a number not good enough

But G Glen has done something to p--- him off big time

siegementality
Point he was making is most of these refs grow up fans of the old firm and in the split second of a decision , sub conciously former allegiance he thinks come into it

He said German refs if they make the wrong decision have a significant part of their pay docked , he believes it concentrates the mind

To be fair Rob M pretty much confirmed the same that the decision to give in favour of the old firm means you have an easy life and the sheer number of fans at brox/head pushes you in that direction

Scott booth huffed and puffed with all kind of nonsense before eventually conceeding there is a bias whether its because most people in this country support the old firm therefore most refs will also , and whether intentional or not the pressure leads to decisions being made in there favour

So not just the shabba man

The bold part is interesting. He maybe wants to use that same tactic with his players, perhaps that might concentrate their minds.

The upshot is we play the OF in the league a minimum of three times a season, the same as everyone else. there may be nothing he can do about any west coast referring bias, but there was no "west coast bias" when we were seen off by Falkirk, Dundee Utd and Killie. That came down to a lack of effort, ability and tactics, I'd suggest he'd be more productive if he put his own house in order.

I dont think he was singled out , the question was put to him -where is glen or why has he not been qouted and he gave a response , though it was a suprise

Scott Booth i think at some stage said Csaba will want to change the team about as there are 5/6 players in the first team who are not good enough but it will not happen overnight , nods from C confirms he is aware there are a number not good enough

But G Glen has done something to p--- him off big time

Why were Scott Booth and Rob McLean at this thing?

monkfish1979
Strong post. The hopes pinned on Glen last season were ridiculously inflated. We all hope he makes it, but the loyalty shown to him here is blind.

Word. It also smacks of desperation. He didn't really do anything last season other than play a couple of matches better than a load of guys that couldn't have been playing much worse. The lack of time being given by some fans to Csaba is also proving to be a masterclass display of bloody minded idiocy, not to mention absolute delusion to the fact that it takes time to fix something that's broken.

Go on guys, hound our manager out the door and watch as it takes another 8 or 9 months to find another one.......

If that happens this season, after the debacle that was last season, the managers job at Tyncastle will become a distant second to the McDonald's option for most professional managers. IMO.

siegementality
Being crap doesn't mean you have a bad attitude.

Losing to Dundee Utd and Kilmarnock = poor ability.

Getting on the players backs = poor attitude.

Lack of effort = poor attitude.

Getting on player backs = poor attitude? Well you better tell that to Csaba after his GG rant in front of 150 people then.

Seymour M Hersh

Maybe it's had the opposite effect we all hoped for. Perhaps his goals and glowing press have gone to his head. Who knows but as others have mentioned the manager sees him every day at training and to this point has not come across as a vindictive sort of a guy.

I heard at half time on saturday that Glen had questioned why he wasn't getting a game and CL was furious at his attitude so banished him to the reserves for 3 months! Was gonna post this on Saturday night but felt i'd get the usual jkb "source" p1sh so didn't bother....looks like i might have heard the truth!

Chad Sexington
It's not really though.

I've seen Glen play and I've seen Mole play. He IS better than what is being played now!

However your other points are valid. I'm holding back from having a go at Csaba and giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Dissapointing situation none the less. :sad:

I've seen Glen play too Alan, and on last seasons form he is undoubtedly better than the dross of the last few weeks.

But that was last season.

It sounds like there is a bit of a slackening of attitude from the lad this season.

Maybe this is the kick in erse he needs as a wake up call

jamboinglasgow
Strong post. The hopes pinned on Glen last season were ridiculously inflated. We all hope he makes it, but the loyalty shown to him here is blind.

was going to add that to my post, I think we got believing that we had the scottish wayne rooney on our hands, not saying Glen isn't a good player because I think he has the potential to be a great player but he is far from the finished article. I think he may believe his own hype and that is dangerous. Csaba is trying to do it the different way of building them up through reserves so they are built up with right attitude as well.

I do think it was unwise of Csaba to go on such a rant but I think it his him being honest to a question he was asked.

Jam Tarts 1874

So you would rather Csaba lied?

badly drawn boy
Why were Scott Booth and Rob McLean at this thing?

They were there as the face of setanta

siegementality

That could be Jamie Mole you are talking about!

GG, regardless of attitude, can't be any worse than Jamie Mole. Maybe GG's attitude is becuase he knows he should be playing before JM?.

Interestingly Clum will be back, I wonder if Clum has had an attitude adjustment since he left because he was spouting off everyday how he had to get away from Hearts and how unhappy he was.

It seems Csaba has a short memory.

If your choice of strikers is as good as your choice of woman then he's better going else where for advice.

;)

PS I probably agree that Glens a better choice.

ouch!! lol

It just seems that everytime I hear of a shabba interview, I get all excited as he says EXACTLY what I want to hear. He's good at that

Then we go out and disgrace ourselves on the Saturday and nothing has been done about his concerns. That is why I think he is not a good manager

Jam Tarts 1874
Yes, I can see this but think if we start throwing our own 'bete noir' players around as possible attitude renegades we start to fudge the point.

One thing I will say is that I have never been given criticism - in football, in education or in my profession -that hasn't been given to me before it is aired publicly.

I think Gary Glen will have been given both barrels already by Laszlo and tonight's 'rant' will not come as any surprise. Risk? Maybe. But the sting from his gaffer could work and sort any possible psychological problems out - for all our benefit.

I think many of us were guilty of trying to put a " New Robbo" tag on Glen. Perhaps Glen himself (not unexpectidley) was believing his own press. I just wish we as Hearts fans would stop trying to over-complicate and over-analyse every little thing that happens relating to Hearts. There are people dying in the devoping world don't you know!

J.T.F.Robertson
Yes, I can see this but think if we start throwing our own 'bete noir' players around as possible attitude renegades we start to fudge the point.

One thing I will say is that I have never been given criticism - in football, in education or in my profession -that hasn't been given to me before it is aired publicly.

I think Gary Glen will have been given both barrels already by Laszlo and tonight's 'rant' will not come as any surprise. Risk? Maybe. But the sting from his gaffer could work and sort any possible psychological problems out - for all our benefit.

I would hope that to be the case, B, although I'm still surprised, disappointed even, that tonight, it sounds as if he allowed himself to "lose the heid".

Without meaning to play amateur psychologist, it smacks of a question he's been dreading being asked, hence the overreaction.

siegementality
So you would rather Csaba lied?

I would rather he showed consistency. If the players need protected, then they all need protected. After that response he should have been asked, well in that case how does Wallace, Zaliukis, Berra, Kingston, etc get a game?

If you were GG and you signed on here to see his thread how would you feel? When GG hears this I'm sure he'll be over the moon, especially if his agent has met with Csaba already.

Csaba has bigger problems at the club than GG. It will be interesting to see how vocal he is regarding other players.

Jam Tarts 1874
ouch!! lol

It just seems that everytime I hear of a shabba interview, I get all excited as he says EXACTLY what I want to hear. He's good at that

Then we go out and disgrace ourselves on the Saturday and nothing has been done about his concerns. That is why I think he is not a good manager

It seems to me that Csaba is trying to get who he regards as his most reliable players (not necessarily his best) to play the way he wants them to play. It has worked at times this season - hence four wins out of eight. I think it is wrong to assume that it is all going to go tits up this early into Csaba's appointment.

Archived