Undone, again, by the holy trinity of...

Libertonian_II

Libertonian_II

1. Referees - Ferguson should have been playing Australian rules football for all Mccurry knows

2. Full backs - Neilson for the freekick, Goncalves for the poor clearance was just the 'icing' on their usual error strewn performances

3. Tactics - 1-0 down so we pull a right winger playing on the left for a left winger while leaving an ineffective defensive mid-field player on the right.

We pull a left back at 2-0 down and replace with, guess what, another left back!

Romanov, we need a real manager. Get it sorted pronto.

Here endeth our season

1. Referees - Ferguson should have been playing Australian rules football for all Mccurry knows

2. Full backs - Neilson for the freekick, Goncalves for the poor clearance was just the 'icing' on their usual error strewn performances

3. Tactics - 1-0 down so we pull a right winger playing on the left for a left winger while leaving an ineffective defensive mid-field player on the right.

We pull a left back at 2-0 down and replace with, guess what, another left back!

Here endeth our season

seconded

Agree completely.

We are crap in the boardroom, crap in the dugout and crap in the pitch.

Empty the lot of them.

But yes refs are a disgrace and this is the worst standard since I started watching Scottish football.

Forget the ref, we are awful!!

Absolutely awful!!

Shocking performance in a cup semi from some shocking players!!!

And MR Frail thinks we can challenge, absolutely deluded!!

Yep I was thinking the same thing. Done over by 3 people.

Mike "Crooked" Mcurry

Jose "Headless Chicken" Goncalves

Robbie "Clueless" Neilson.

1st Goal - Hand Ball, oh well I suppose he was to far away being all 6 yards he was.

2nd Goal - Needless from Neilsen, but then after jose does his speciality Robbie decides to leave JCD unmarked at the back post and run next to Banks.

Think we should try and get Frail back fit and into the RB role

Tynecastle Valhalla

Here endeth our season

4. Velicka up front. Garbage

Libertonian_II
Yep I was thinking the same thing. Done over by 3 people.

2nd Goal - Needless from Neilsen, but then after jose does his speciality Robbie decides to leave JCD unmarked at the back post and run next to Banks.

I was going to mention that as well. Not for the first time he loses his man

Here endeth our season

Fourthed

Forget the ref, we are awful!!

Absolutely awful!!

Shocking performance in a cup semi from some shocking players!!!

And MR Frail thinks we can challenge, absolutely deluded!!

You sir are absolutely right. Frail is only there because he spouts Vlads line. Romanov still picks this team still handles all player transactions and still pulls the strings on the coach or manager. We are a team that deserves to be absolutely where we are in the standings, and that not because of any Radio announcers any writers, or referees. It is because we are a crap side at best mediocre who have been caugt swan diving all over and will continue to pay for that for a long time. Get used to mediocrity it isnt going to get any better until proffesional people start to manage our team in a proper manner.

Tynecastle Valhalla
mod delete

I am not a Hobo, it is my opinion.

What is the need?

Think you need to grow up a little

True, some of the refereeing decisions were awfull, the Rangers players were doing basically what they want.

Adam not getting a booking for a punch on the ball while it was in Banks hands was awful. The first goal shouldn't have stood as well - Berra might have kicked it towards Ferguson's hand but it looked like a deliberate handball anyway and he couldn't have stopped the ball without it. There was contact on Nade as well when he was brought down in the first half.

Goncalves handball might have been a rarer decision in Hearts favour but then again it looked much less an intentional move than Ferguson's, it takes more than that to earn a penalty offense.

Agree on the full backs ant tactics as well. Velicka and Nade were completely isolated upfront because the full backs offered hardly anything to attack, there were two players not in their natural position on the wings (they played decently but just could have been more useful elsewhere) and Stewart with Palazuelos are hardly attacking players.

I think taking Wallace on wasn't such a bad decision, as firstly a hardly firt McCann was the only option on the bench and secondly Wallace could offer more going forward than Goncalves.

It wasn't a bad team effort but wrong tactics, some individual mistakes and poor refereeing cost the game.

Commander Harris
True, some of the refereeing decisions were awfull, the Rangers players were doing basically what they want.

Adam not getting a booking for a punch on the ball while it was in Banks hands was awful. The first goal shouldn't have stood as well - Berra might have kicked it towards Ferguson's hand but it looked like a deliberate handball anyway and he couldn't have stopped the ball without it. There was contact on Nade as well when he was brought down in the first half.

Goncalves handball might have been a rarer decision in Hearts favour but then again it looked much less an intentional move than Ferguson's, it takes more than that to earn a penalty offense.

Agree on the full backs ant tactics as well. Velicka and Nade were completely isolated upfront because the full backs offered hardly anything to attack, there were two players not in their natural position on the wings (they played decently but just could have been more useful elsewhere) and Stewart with Palazuelos are hardly attacking players.

I think taking Wallace on wasn't such a bad decision, as firstly a hardly firt McCann was the only option on the bench and secondly Wallace could offer more going forward than Goncalves.

It wasn't a bad team effort but wrong tactics, some individual mistakes and poor refereeing cost the game.

pretty much spot on in my opinion, very good summary of the game.

Libertonian_II

I don't know why McCann was on the bench to be perfectly honest. Him and Driver are pretty much contenders for the same spot. If Cesnauskis was fit, he would have been by far the better option on the bench.

Here endeth our season

Agree with all bar the last four words. We now can concentrate (something we seem to find awfy difficult) on getting back into the top six, that is our aim for the season.

Consider this - Adam and Whittaker were both booked. Adam deliberately handled the ball and Whittaker clothes-lined Miko. Neither of them received bookings for these obvious bookable offences.

Would they have committed the fouls later on that they were booked for had they been booked in the first place? Perhaps not, but they would certainly have had to play more carefully.

The failure to book both of them for the first offences were shockingly bad decisions given that both were clearly seen by McCheat. These 2 decisions alone had a significant impact on the way those 2 players performed.

Neither team played well - even BF said he thought Rangers hadn't played that well. However, we played against 12 men for 90 minutes. What chance did we have?

Libertonian_II
Agree with all bar the last four words. We now can concentrate (something we seem to find awfy difficult) on getting back into the top six, that is our aim for the season.

That's all that's left for the season, unfortunately.

markletissier

to think we turned down an offer of over ?1million for that waste of space goncalves in the summer too.

WHY!!?!?!?!?!?

Consider this - Adam and Whittaker were both booked. Adam deliberately handled the ball and Whittaker clothes-lined Miko. Neither of them received bookings for these obvious bookable offences.

Would they have committed the fouls later on that they were booked for had they been booked in the first place? Perhaps not, but they would certainly have had to play more carefully.

The failure to book both of them for the first offences were shockingly bad decisions given that both were clearly seen by McCheat. These 2 decisions alone had a significant impact on the way those 2 players performed.

Neither team played well - even BF said he thought Rangers hadn't played that well. However, we played against 12 men for 90 minutes. What chance did we have?

This was my main "concern" re Whittaker especially. There is no way in the world he should have been able to trip Miko when it was 3 on 2 in Hearts favour. He took a yellow for his team but he could not have done that if he'd been booked in the 1st half.

I actually thought Adam's booking was a wee bit harsh as I don't think he made any movement towards or actual contact with Robbie so that kind of evened itself out for me. I also don't think Darcheville deserved a red either but he was a bit silly.

Archived