Asteroid Hit TODAY

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Asteroid Hit TODAY

07-Oct-2008

A small, newly-discovered asteroid named 2008 TC3 is approaching Earth and chances are good that it will hit. Measuring only a few meters across, the space rock poses no threat to people or structures on the ground, but it should create a spectacular fireball, releasing about a kiloton of energy as it disintegrates and explodes in the high atmosphere above northern Sudan. However, it should be noted that the asteroid has just been discovered. Had it been thirty meters across instead of three,:eek: it would have been a catastrophe, and one with very little warning.:eek:

Well thank feck for that then, makes you wonder if one as large as the one above was on collision course with earth WTF could we do , is it not wise that the powers at be pump some money into some sort of defence mechanism that could either destroy it or deflect it of course from earth , mind you Bruce Willis could always be giving a call eh.;)

maroonlegions
Asteroid Hit TODAY

07-Oct-2008

A small, newly-discovered asteroid named 2008 TC3 is approaching Earth and chances are good that it will hit. Measuring only a few meters across, the space rock poses no threat to people or structures on the ground, but it should create a spectacular fireball, releasing about a kiloton of energy as it disintegrates and explodes in the high atmosphere above northern Sudan. However, it should be noted that the asteroid has just been discovered. Had it been thirty meters across instead of three,:eek: it would have been a catastrophe, and one with very little warning.:eek:

Well thank feck for that then, makes you wonder if one as large as the one above was on collision course with earth WTF could we do , is it not wise that the powers at be pump some money into some sort of defence mechanism that could either destroy it or deflect it of course from earth , mind you Bruce Willis could always be giving a call eh.;)

http://www.unknowncountry.com/news/?id=7144;)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

You watch far to many movies ML.

You are living in a fantasy world I think.

Actually I think ML has a point here. We only track a small number of the millions of asteroids flying about the solar system and statistically we are well overdue a 'global killer'. It's only a matter before one large enough to wipe out all life hits.

Of course 'a matter of time' in relative terms means that probably one will hit Earth in the next couple of million years...

maroonlegions
Would they not have discovered it earlier IF it had been 30m across instead of three?

Your idea about sending Bruce Willis up to save us is the most sensible thing you have posted here.

:rolleyes:, eh, of course they would have tracked it earlier IF was 30m across my point was WTF would we do if it was going to hit us , is planning for a possible hit not SENSIBLE or is Bruce y boy gonnae save us.:rolleyes:

maroonlegions
You watch far to many movies ML.

You are living in a fantasy world I think.

well, the people producing these type of films have a lot to answer for eh, like donating some of the millions they make from these films to research on ways we can protect ourself s from a possible hit but then again its all just fantasy eh.;):rolleyes:

maroonlegions
Would they not have discovered it earlier IF it had been 30m across instead of three?

Your idea about sending Bruce Willis up to save us is the most sensible thing you have posted here.

enjoy the below

:evil:

deesidejambo
Actually I think ML has a point here. We only track a small number of the millions of asteroids flying about the solar system and statistically we are well overdue a 'global killer'. It's only a matter before one large enough to wipe out all life hits.

Of course 'a matter of time' in relative terms means that probably one will hit Earth in the next couple of million years...

As long as we pump the vermin before it hits.

alwaysthereinspirit

A couple of million years?

Will we have won the Champions cup by then?

Dr Ian Malcolm

If a massive asteroid was going to batter us, I'd rather no-one told us - how much are you actually gonna know about it if the earth blows up? Boom, you're gone, without even expecting it.

Of course, if we were warned, I'd be damned sure to start looting the coolest stuff I could find.

If a massive asteroid was going to batter us, I'd rather no-one told us - how much are you actually gonna know about it if the earth blows up? Boom, you're gone, without even expecting it.

Of course, if we were warned, I'd be damned sure to start looting the coolest stuff I could find.

It's more likely that an asteroid would throw up a whole bunch of dirt and crap into the air blocking out the sun for a few years and stopping vegetation growing. We'd die a slow death of starvation as the food ran out.

If you're going to loot, make it tins, forget cool stuff, it's corned beef, tuna and beans you should be after.

Sleep well!

I P Knightley

Moon11-19-02b.jpg

Look closely about half way in from the circumference at about the 10 o'clock spot.

Is that a double decker bus?

Who's at the wheel? There's something familiar about that moustache...

The People's Chimp
It's more likely that an asteroid would throw up a whole bunch of dirt and crap into the air blocking out the sun for a few years and stopping vegetation growing. We'd die a slow death of starvation as the food ran out.

If you're going to loot, make it tins, forget cool stuff, it's corned beef, tuna and beans you should be after.

Sleep well!

I'd happily live on tins of tomatoes, chick peas and dried pasta with a nice bombproof spice cupboard to add flavour. Veggie chilli here i come!

Mind you, if ML is right, we might have to start eating lizards.

Archived