US fighter jet in Iran

david mcgee

It would be a real surprise if, with weeks to go to the US Presidential election and the Republican candidate lagging behind, tensions with Iran were suddenly to be cranked up a few notches. :rolleyes:

A US jet has been forced to land in Iran.

Apparently five US generals on board.

Now its some Western Tourists on a jolly?

maroonlegions
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7657066.stm

Bit of a non story. Need Maroonlegions to copy and paste in all the smileys and noise it up a little.

:107years:

PROBABLY NOTHING BUT;), could be the start of a PROBLEM, REACTION, SOLUTION programme by the powers at be to have an excuse to noise the Iranians up and even invade, will not be the first time its happened so i would watch closely at this one, don't be surprised if this gets deliberately out of hand. :eek:

PROBABLY NOTHING BUT;), could be the start of a PROBLEM, REACTION, SOLUTION programme by the powers at be to have an excuse to noise the Iranians up and even invade, will not be the first time its happened so i would watch closely at this one, don't be surprised if this gets deliberately out of hand. :eek:

Oh for the luv of christ.... one day one of your predictions will come true :)

Yes! My God, you are right!

maroonlegions
Oh for the luv of christ.... one day one of your predictions will come true :)

No need to get your knickers in a twist old boy:rolleyes:, predictions :rolleyes:, just saying what i feel but what has got me thinking lately is that lf you look deep enough you can see a pattern , WMS was a typical , problem, reaction solution that was needed to JUSTIFY THE INVASION OF Iraq , so if they can lie like that i for one would not trust them with my TV remote, found this below and this happened not so long ago.;)

Iran withdraws $75 billion from Europe: report

Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:58am EDT

Email | Print |

| Reprints | Single Page | Recommend (45)

[-] Text [+]

Photo

1 of 1Full Size

Related News

Iran police start wider crackdown on un-Islamic dress

16 Jun 2008

Featured Broker sponsored link

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran has withdrawn around $75 billion from Europe to prevent the assets from being blocked under threatened new sanctions over Tehran's disputed nuclear ambitions, an Iranian weekly said.

Western powers are warning the Islamic Republic of more punitive measures if it rejects an incentives offer and presses on with sensitive nuclear work, but the world's fourth-largest oil exporter is showing no sign of backing down.

"Part of Iran's assets in European banks have been converted to gold and shares and another part has been transferred to Asian banks," Mohsen Talaie, deputy foreign minister in charge of economic affairs, was quoted as saying.

Iranian officials were not immediately available to comment on the report in Shahrvand-e Emrouz, a moderate weekly, which did not specify the time period for the withdrawals which it said were ordered by President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

"About $75 billion of Iran's foreign assets which were under threat of being blocked were wired back to Iran based on Ahmadinejad's order," the weekly said.

Iran's Etemad-e Melli newspaper, also quoting Talai, last week also reported the country was withdrawing assets from European banks but did not give any figures.

On Saturday, Iran again ruled out suspending uranium enrichment despite the offer by six world powers of help in developing a civilian nuclear program if it stopped activities the United States and others suspect are designed to make bombs.

The offer -- agreed last month by the United States, Britain, Russia, China, Germany and France -- is a revised version of one rejected by Tehran two years ago.:eek:

Iran's refusal to suspend nuclear enrichment, which can provide fuel for power plants or material for weapons if refined much more, has drawn three rounds of U.N. sanctions since 2006. Tehran says it aims only to generate electricity. Continued...

View article on single page

Previous Page 1 | 2 Next Page

maroonlegions
No need to get your knickers in a twist old boy:rolleyes:, predictions :rolleyes:, just saying what i feel but what has got me thinking lately is that lf you look deep enough you can see a pattern , WMS was a typical , problem, reaction solution that was needed to JUSTIFY THE INVASION OF Iraq , so if they can lie like that i for one would not trust them with my TV remote, found this below and this happened not so long ago.;)

Email | Print |

[-] Text [+]

Photo

1 of 1Full Size

Related News

16 Jun 2008

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran has withdrawn around $75 billion from Europe to prevent the assets from being blocked under threatened new sanctions over Tehran's disputed nuclear ambitions, an Iranian weekly said.

Western powers are warning the Islamic Republic of more punitive measures if it rejects an incentives offer and presses on with sensitive nuclear work, but the world's fourth-largest oil exporter is showing no sign of backing down.

"Part of Iran's assets in European banks have been converted to gold and shares and another part has been transferred to Asian banks," Mohsen Talaie, deputy foreign minister in charge of economic affairs, was quoted as saying.

Iranian officials were not immediately available to comment on the report in Shahrvand-e Emrouz, a moderate weekly, which did not specify the time period for the withdrawals which it said were ordered by President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

"About $75 billion of Iran's foreign assets which were under threat of being blocked were wired back to Iran based on Ahmadinejad's order," the weekly said.

Iran's Etemad-e Melli newspaper, also quoting Talai, last week also reported the country was withdrawing assets from European banks but did not give any figures.

On Saturday, Iran again ruled out suspending uranium enrichment despite the offer by six world powers of help in developing a civilian nuclear program if it stopped activities the United States and others suspect are designed to make bombs.

The offer -- agreed last month by the United States, Britain, Russia, China, Germany and France -- is a revised version of one rejected by Tehran two years ago.:eek:

Iran's refusal to suspend nuclear enrichment, which can provide fuel for power plants or material for weapons if refined much more, has drawn three rounds of U.N. sanctions since 2006. Tehran says it aims only to generate electricity. Continued...

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSDAH63024720080616

Email | Print |

[-] Text [+]

Photo

1 of 1Full Size

Related News

16 Jun 2008

Cheers... that's me told then

maroonlegions
Yes! My God, you are right!

remember the WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION LIES,;) and people still trust them , beggars belief.:eek:

Sexton Hardcastle

I love it how you post some crap, then use another post to provide the link. 4,798 posts - all the crap = ?

maroonlegions
Cheers... that's me told then

don't want to come across as a smart a** but things are not always the way the media and certain sects of the worlds governments portray them.:cool:

remember the WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION LIES,;) and people still trust them , beggars belief.:eek:

What has weapons of mass destruction got to do with a hungarian aid plane in Iran?

Commander Harris

Iran 'forces down foreign plane'

A foreign aircraft has been forced to land in Iran after violating Iranian airspace:eek:, Iranian media say. :rolleyes:

State Al-Alam TV said the aircraft was Hungarian and not American, discounting earlier reports by Iran's semi-official Fars news agency. :confused:

The aircraft and those on board were allowed to continue their journey after being questioned, the reports said.

The Pentagon denied any of its planes had been involved in such an incident and said none had landed in Iran. :rolleyes:

"All our aircraft are accounted for and we have no reports of any aircraft landing in Iran," Lt Col Patrick Ryder told reporters.

White House spokesman Gordon Johndroe said officials were checking the "various and conflicting" Iranian reports. ;)

It comes at a time of heightened tension between the United States and Iran over Tehran's nuclear programme. :eek:

The US severed diplomatic ties with Iran in 1980 after US nationals were taken hostage by Iranian radicals in Tehran. :107years:

Released

The Arabic-language Al-Alam TV quoted an unnamed senior military official as saying the plane landed at Mehrabad airport on 30 September. :eek:

The official said the aircraft was a Hungarian aid plane which strayed into Iranian airspace.

Initial reports from Fars said it was an American plane and was carrying eight people, including five senior US generals.

It said the plane was intercepted by Iranian fighter jets and forced to land at an unspecified airport. :hobofish:

Iranian media said those on board were freed the following day and the plane was allowed to complete its journey to Afghanistan.:cool:

maroonlegions
I love it how you post some crap, then use another post to provide the link. 4,798 posts - all the crap = ?

But your opinion is your right and you do post some idiotic crap yourself IN RESPONSE to some of my threads but that is to be expected you remind me of a censer , have fun in the new world order:107years: and by the way if you bothered to have interest in whatever i post then maybe you could justify your quote from above but i will not hold my breath .

don't want to come across as a smart a** but things are not always the way the media and certain sects of the worlds governments portray them.:cool:

No need to worry about that problem.

Always thought that Ahmadinejad seemed like a nice bloke. Don't see what all the fuss is about!

Totally agree. Eminently reasonable guy with a balanced world view.

By the way, die you mother whoring infidels.

A US jet has been forced to land in Iran.

Apparently five US generals on board.

So let's recap:

1) It wasn't American.

2) It wasn't a fighter.

3) It didn't have 5 generals on board.

Sensational-tastic! :cool:

Biggest non-story for all of about ten minutes today.

Like a reverse Gulf of Tonkin.

By the end of it i was half expecting Iranian tv to announce it was just a big bird with a gammy wing. Possibly a swan looking to show those darn ostriches they weren't the only birds capable of starting a world war.

So let's recap:

1) It wasn't American.

2) It wasn't a fighter.

3) It didn't have 5 generals on board.

Sensational-tastic! :cool:

Funny as

I merely posted what i heard on the BBC, they had us down for a 3rd World war, just shows how jumpy everyones getting.

Archived