Tough Financial Times Ahead in Football? (NHC)

Charlie-Brown

Dagger Is Back

You know I was just thinking that even in difficult times like this when money is tight and the outlook gloomy, most football clubs do nothing to help those fans who are feeling the pinch.

There we are with Tynie no way near capacity - why don't we offer some cheapies/freebies - or have I missed something?

Geoff Kilpatrick
You know I was just thinking that even in difficult times like this when money is tight and the outlook gloomy, most football clubs do nothing to help those fans who are feeling the pinch.

There we are with Tynie no way near capacity - why don't we offer some cheapies/freebies - or have I missed something?

Football is a business and is suffering from the economic downturn as well.

That said, if things get really bad (and we survive) the UB40 gates might well return.

Dagger Is Back
Football is a business and is suffering from the economic downturn as well.

That said, if things get really bad (and we survive) the UB40 gates might well return.

Yeah totally agree Geoff - that's why it's a surprise to me given how badly we're playing and the economic climate, that we haven't already acted.

I wonder how many non ST tickets we sold on Saturday? Not may I'd wager given these factors.

Jam Tarts 1874

Season ticket holders have received vouchers to use to allow a friend to get a match ticket for Tynecastle on the cheap.

Guest JamboRobbo

Killie game. Princess Street. Free tickets.

Jam Tarts 1874

It does seem very likely that many clubs who are relying on borrowing from banks are going to be in trouble. These clubs will just have to start living within their means.

Funnily enough, Hearts have been in the process of cutting down debt and expenditure for some time - I wonder who is responsible for such a lunatic course of action!?

Archived