Rumours, Lies & Stirring S**te

Charlie-Brown

Charlie-Brown

I can understand why people criticise Romanov, the manager, the coaching staff, the players, the ticket office, the tynecastle catering staff etc. and that is fair enough everybody is entitled to their opinion and if they perceive a bad experience then they are entitled to moan about it if they wish.

What I don't understand is why people who purport to be Hearts fans perpetuating & spreading damaging false rumours, lies & generally stirring the brown stuff that does nothing but cause confusion & exaggerate or completely mis-represent real events at the club.

I understand why Hobo's and other people who hate Hearts or who have no affiliation to the club might spread tittle-tattle or malicious rumours but you'd think Hearts fans would at least try to check out their stories/gossip to see if they stack up before presenting them as FACT not least to avoid making themselves look a right erse later if it's shown that they were telling porkies or simply making things up.

I'm all for passing on what you heard and debate it in a reasonable fashion and I can understand if people have genuine concerns however there seems to be a growing trend of time-wasters & attention seekers posting stuff that is simply not true or has very little basis presented as something much worse than it is - if they're Hobo's doing it then fair play they're small-minded & bitter for all the drubbings Hearts have dished out to their Wee Team over the decades & centuries but for alleged Hearts supporters to do this is just wrong.

Jambof3tornado
I can understand why people criticise Romanov, the manager, the coaching staff, the players, the ticket office, the tynecastle catering staff etc. and that is fair enough everybody is entitled to their opinion and if they perceive a bad experience then they are entitled to moan about it if they wish.

What I don't understand is why people who purport to be Hearts fans perpetuating & spreading damaging false rumours, lies & generally stirring the brown stuff that does nothing but cause confusion & exaggerate or completely mis-represent real events at the club.

I understand why Hobo's and other people who hate Hearts or who have no affiliation to the club might spread tittle-tattle or malicious rumours but you'd think Hearts fans would at least try to check out their stories/gossip to see if they stack up before presenting them as FACT not least to avoid making themselves look a right erse later if it's shown that they were telling porkies or simply making things up.

I'm all for passing on what you heard and debate it in a reasonable fashion and I can understand if people have genuine concerns however there seems to be a growing trend of time-wasters & attention seekers posting stuff that is simply not true or has very little basis presented as something much worse than it is - if they're Hobo's doing it then fair play they're small-minded & bitter for all the drubbings Hearts have dished out to their Wee Team over the decades & centuries but for alleged Hearts supporters to do this is just wrong.

This to me is the biggest downside to JKB,it gives these attention seekers a platform where before there was none. They are worse than hobo's IMO and should be shot at dawn.;)

It's simple, people are so confused and scared that they'll believe anything their told. It only takes 1 person to start a rumour to get things off the ground and because people don't trust anybody they will pass on this rumour. If enough people keep on spreading the rumour even the sensible people start to think there may be something in it.

It all comes down to trust and confidence in the leadership of the club. Do you have any left?

It?s called an internet football Forum. Fans hear a rumour they post it for other fans to discuss. I would even imagine football clubs circulate rumours for there own benefits at times. The internet is the new pub where fans can share all there gossip, it?s just that there are a few more to share it with.

Charlie-Brown
It?s called an internet football Forum. Fans hear a rumour they post it for other fans to discuss. I would even imagine football clubs circulate rumours for there own benefits at times. The internet is the new pub where fans can share all there gossip, it?s just that there are a few more to share it with.

There are rumours and then there are potentially damaging rumours, outright lies or exaggerated falsehoods......it's fine for people to pass on what they heard but some of the stuff posted on here recently has gone beyond that and posted by people who claim to support the club - you'd at least think they'd check out their stories given the controversial or damaging nature of it before posting it as fact.....some even refusing to backtrack when it's been shown they were making ill-informed exaggerations at best or telling out-right porkies at worst.

shaun.lawson

That's funny. In the aftermath of Riccartongate, NMH, weren't you only too keen to mention stuff you'd heard from the training ground, in what came across to me as just another element in the disgraceful campaign to blacken our club captain's name? And to pass on and treat as fact all kinds of things you'd been told by our old mate none? And if that wasn't unsubstantiated gossip and sheer propaganda, I don't know what is!

In other words, going on your record, good gossip - that intended to take the heat off Romanov - is fine; but bad gossip is not. No?

shaun.lawson

As an aside, my take on the recent stories is this. We can't be heading for administration, unless we're either unwilling or unable to pay up when yet another creditor takes us to court, as I anticipate will happen in the next week or so. In other words, it's how the club responds in such a scenario which will show whether the panic on here has been justified or not. But if we're seriously going to stop people posting what they've heard within a context of little or no communication from the club, the joke, ultimately, will be on us.

Most of us on here aren't daft. We know how credible some posters are, or might not be: and it should be left to us to decide on this when info is put on the site. To do anything else would smack of pure censorship and, in my view, be a very dangerous precedent to set.

Nucky Thompson

It's very scary how powerful the Internet actually is for Chinese whispers and scare mongering to spread like wild fire. Look at the Gazza suicide rumours the other week:rolleyes:

Charlie-Brown
That's funny. In the aftermath of Riccartongate, NMH, weren't you only too keen to mention stuff you'd heard from the training ground, in what came across to me as just another element in the disgraceful campaign to blacken his name? And to pass on and treat as fact all kinds of things you'd been told by our old mate none? And if that wasn't unsubstantiated gossip and sheer propaganda, I don't know what is!

In other words, going on your record, good gossip - that intended to take the heat off Romanov - is fine; but bad gossip is not. No?

I didn't say there was anything wrong with gossip Shaun we've all posted rumours & stuff we have heard - what Iam talking about is people posting that people have lost their job when they haven't, the club is going into administration, definite 'facts' about sponsorship deals etc.

People on all sides posted their theories and gossip about Burley, Webster, Riccarton, Elvis etc. as these were real events - what Iam talking about is stuff that should be in the Gullit Lounge at best or not even posted at all.

Geoff Kilpatrick
I didn't say there was anything wrong with gossip Shaun we've all posted rumours & stuff we have heard - what Iam talking about is people posting that people have lost their job when they haven't, the club is going into administration, definite 'facts' about sponsorship deals etc.

People on all sides posted their theories and gossip about Burley, Webster, Riccarton, Elvis etc. as these were real events - what Iam talking about is stuff that should be in the Gullit Lounge at best or not even posted at all.

Your collaborations with None should therefore have been in the Gullit Lounge as well.

If people use rational thinking, there isn't a problem. I agree with what Shaun said above.

I totally agree with you, loose lips sink ships.

Charlie-Brown
Your collaborations with None should therefore have been in the Gullit Lounge as well.

If people use rational thinking, there isn't a problem. I agree with what Shaun said above.

There are certain threads or posts you can use rational thinking about GK however there has been stuff posted on the main forum & not the gullit lounge about for example...ie several Hearts directors & commercial staff having lost their jobs and another that UKIO Bankas had gone under and about the Owners of Chatham Honda etc presented as 'fact' & actual events instead of a speculative i've heard a rumour that x,y or z might have happened has anybody heard similar etc.....these weren't posted as rumours & the OP's were assertive yet later proved to be misinformed (at best) so I don't understand why Hearts supporters would do that ?

Guest JamboRobbo

I agree Charlie. I don't understand Hearts supporters, coming on here, posting information which isn't true. Information given to them by someone else, pretending it is their own thoughts.

You'd never do that would you? You'd never post things given to you by None as though they are you're own. You'd never ask fellow members such as myself to post stuff from None "using you're own words if you like" would you?

I think for Hearts supporters to put the interests of one custodian ahead of HMFC, is a lot lot worse than Hobos coming on here at the wind up. I don't understand why anyone would do that? Why try and push an agenda on here, posting someone elses words as their own because they think he is Roman Romanov?

Pants Shaton

False rumours are generally obvious and always easy to ignore.

The determined small band of Romanov apologists are a far more annoying feature of JKB.

Charlie-Brown
I agree Charlie. I don't understand Hearts supporters, coming on here, posting information which isn't true. Information given to them by someone else, pretending it is their own thoughts.

You'd never do that would you? You'd never post things given to you by None as though they are you're own. You'd never ask fellow members such as myself to post stuff from None "using you're own words if you like" would you?

I think for Hearts supporters to put the interests of one custodian ahead of HMFC, is a lot lot worse than Hobos coming on here at the wind up. I don't understand why anyone would do that? Why try and push an agenda on here, posting someone elses words as their own because they think he is Roman Romanov?

This is your subjective opinion to which you are entitled JR however it is my opinion that I have never and would never post something which I know to be untrue or lies - I have posted stuff in collaberation with a banned poster (as have others including some very prominent forum members...) because that person wasn't able to post for themselves which give a different opinion but i never knowingly posted any lies.

You keep on trotting out this Roman Romanov nonsense when you know that to be a lie and not the full extent of our conversation at that time - you asked me who I thought none might be and who might have such information and I speculated that RR might have such information or motivation to post along with about 5 or 6 other names which we also speculated about and discussed but still you choose to mis-represent things.

shaun.lawson
This is your subjective opinion to which you are entitled JR however it is my opinion that I have never and would never post something which I know to be untrue or lies - I have posted stuff in collaberation with a banned poster (as have others including some very prominent forum members...) because that person wasn't able to post for themselves which give a different opinion but i never knowingly posted any lies.

You keep on trotting out this Roman Romanov nonsense when you know that to be a lie and not the full extent of our conversation at that time - you asked me who I thought none might be and who might have such information and I speculated that RR might have such information or motivation to post along with about 5 or 6 other names which we also speculated about and discussed but still you choose to mis-represent things.

Incidentally, I know I mentioned it myself in my post above - but I must vouch for NMH here. I'd describe his actions at the time as naive and a bit misguided - but we all make mistakes (myself included, as a couple of my blog posts from two or so years back amply prove). And NMH would never post anything he knew to be false.

To err is human, to forgive divine. Can we stop beating him over the head for what is now ancient history anyway?

Guest JamboRobbo
Incidentally, I know I mentioned it myself in my post above - but I must vouch for NMH here. I'd describe his actions at the time as naive and a bit misguided - but we all make mistakes (myself included, as a couple of my blog posts from two or so years back amply prove). And NMH would never post anything he knew to be false.

To err is human, to forgive divine. Can we stop beating him over the head for what is now ancient history anyway?

Agree with all of that Shaun.

but if Charlie is gonna starts threads beating others over the head (e.g. this one), then I think it's only fair to bring up his previous, which IMO is every bit as "bad".

Geoff Kilpatrick
There are certain threads or posts you can use rational thinking about GK however there has been stuff posted on the main forum & not the gullit lounge about for example...ie several Hearts directors & commercial staff having lost their jobs and another that UKIO Bankas had gone under and about the Owners of Chatham Honda etc presented as 'fact' & actual events instead of a speculative i've heard a rumour that x,y or z might have happened has anybody heard similar etc.....these weren't posted as rumours & the OP's were assertive yet later proved to be misinformed (at best) so I don't understand why Hearts supporters would do that ?

Who said that they are Hearts supporters?

The Chatham Honda thread is amusing, simply because a certain poster is coming across as Comical Ali despite being completely disproved by another poster who is a Chatham Honda employee. That's the lesson - post rumours but be prepared to take the abuse when they turn out to be p*sh!

Charlie-Brown

but if Charlie is gonna starts threads beating others over the head (e.g. this one), then I think it's only fair to mention his previous, which IMO is every bit as "bad".

I haven't accused any individual or pointed the stick of blame at any individual JR however there has been a spate of posts making some very serious claims about people's jobs & livelihoods and business relationships that were 'premature' to say the least ... they were'nt even posted as rumours but as apparent facts and I'm not talking about people saying Vlad is this or Elvis is that but on subjects that cause worry & confusion about the ordinary people who do everyday jobs at Hearts who are the 'victims' of such ill-thought out posts.

As unfair as it is to discriminate against posters with a low post count, because in my eyes it doesn't make you any less a supporter (although granted, your credibility on the board is diminished slightly), I would suggest that only posters with over 500 posts (for example) should be allowed to start a new thread.

Unfair to the nth degree I feel, but it may put a stop to the whispering campaigns that dominate this board at present.

shaun.lawson

but if Charlie is gonna starts threads beating others over the head (e.g. this one), then I think it's only fair to bring up his previous, which IMO is every bit as "bad".

Yes, fair enough. But given we've both now reminded him of it, hopefully that'll be an end to the matter.

:food-smiley-004:

Guest JamboRobbo
I haven't accused any individual or pointed the stick of blame at any individual JR however there has been a spate of posts making some very serious claims about people's jobs & livelihoods and business relationships that were 'premature' to say the least ... they were'nt even posted as rumours but as apparent facts and I'm not talking about people saying Vlad is this or Elvis is that but on subjects that cause worry & confusion about the ordinary people who do everyday jobs at Hearts who are the 'victims' of such ill-thought out posts.

Well if you're talking about stuff like the Chatham Honda thread and the Real Radio thread, it was so obviously a load of rubbish I don't know why anyone took it seriously.

IMO posters posting "inside info" telling people everything is "ok" when it isn't, is a lot more damaging than any stupid rumours started by Hobos like the ones you appear to be talking about.

Drylaw Hearts
False rumours are generally obvious and always easy to ignore.

The determined small band of Romanov apologists are a far more annoying feature of JKB.

Spot on.

Charlie-Brown
Well if you're talking about stuff like the Chatham Honda thread and the Real Radio thread, it was so obviously a load of rubbish I don't know why anyone took it seriously.

IMO posters posting "inside info" telling people everything is "ok" when it isn't, is a lot more damaging than any stupid rumours started by Hobos like the ones you appear to be talking about.

There is at least one post now in the Gullit Lounge that was originally posted on the Terrace by a fairly well known Jambo that isn't at all ambiguous or posted as as rumour but says that X, Y & Z people plus others have lost their jobs - at best that was crass & insensitive as it might have reached people's families before they'd had a chance to speak with their Hearts employee but even worse when it turned out to be unfounded and untrue....I got a text at work within minutes of that having being posted and damaging rumours like that can spread like wildfire.

What a lot of absolute nonsense. Seriously, some people want to read their posts and ask themselves what they're all about. This is just another internet football forum; some people seem to think that it's the holy grail of all things Hearts connected. It ain't. It probably has more members than other similar sites. Big deal.

If folk want to come one here and post whatever garbage they want to, then that's entirely up to them. The alternative to that is censorship. You read the posts; if they inspire you to agree or to disagree, then you respond accordingly if that's what tickles you. Unfortunately, what usually happens is a number of stock responses: source, hobo, or not-enough-posts-to-be-believed. Because it is a fact that lots of posts=believability. Or sources close to Hearts only speak to JKB members who have lots of posts.

If Hearts goes tits up for whatever reason, I doubt very much if it'll be because someone started a thread about it on JKB.

Geoff Kilpatrick
There is at least one post now in the Gullit Lounge that was originally posted on the Terrace by a fairly well known Jambo that isn't at all ambiguous or posted as as rumour but says that X, Y & Z people plus others have lost their jobs - at best that was crass & insensitive as it might have reached people's families before they'd had a chance to speak with their Hearts employee but even worse when it turned out to be unfounded and untrue....I got a text at work within minutes of that having being posted and damaging rumours like that can spread like wildfire.

And that doesn't happen in the real world outside of course, like HBoS!

Charlie-Brown
And that doesn't happen in the real world outside of course, like HBoS!

I'm not saying it doesn't happen in the real world Geoff but is that any justification for it? You would think that Hearts supporters might wait to find out if that kind of information was true before posting it or at least say I've heard a very worrying rumour that xyz and say why they thought it to be true & not present it in the way it was.....I realise this person is friendly with a lot of people on this forum and Iam not having a go at said person per se it's just that I don't understand why people who are such strong supporters of the club wouldn't be a bit more cautious or thoughtful?

It is the tendency that this kind of thing seems to be becoming more regular that Iam criticising not having a go at particular individuals.

Charlie-Brown
Like others the irony of this thread is hard to annoy.

In conclusion all the OP, is saying is okay to post rumours when I agree with them.

I'm sorry the suggestion that people posting on intranet forum will somehow bring the club to its knees is laughable. Continuining to run the club in hap hazard manner, could very well though.

But nobody has said that LBJ - what I have said is that it spreads further confusion and might very well cause some people unneccesary upset and/or complications in having to explain & respond to damaging stories thast are untrue or exaggerated when the posters themselves must have a fairly good idea they are posting the information with a lot less certainty than they are portraying - why would Hearts supporters do this?

That's funny. In the aftermath of Riccartongate, NMH, weren't you only too keen to mention stuff you'd heard from the training ground, in what came across to me as just another element in the disgraceful campaign to blacken our club captain's name? And to pass on and treat as fact all kinds of things you'd been told by our old mate none? And if that wasn't unsubstantiated gossip and sheer propaganda, I don't know what is!

Exactly what I was thinking. Anything which shows Romanov up as being less than shining white is an unsubstantiated rumour, malicious gossip and the work of hobos, while anything positive - no matter how unlikely - is the plain, unvarnished truth.

If Romanov wasn't such a clown there's be no negative rumours to talk about in the first place.

Geoff Kilpatrick
I'm not saying it doesn't happen in the real world Geoff but is that any justification for it? You would think that Hearts supporters might wait to find out if that kind of information was true before posting it or at least say I've heard a very worrying rumour that xyz and say why they thought it to be true & not present it in the way it was.....I realise this person is friendly with a lot of people on this forum and Iam not having a go at said person per se it's just that I don't understand why people who are such strong supporters of the club wouldn't be a bit more cautious or thoughtful?

It is the tendency that this kind of thing seems to be becoming more regular that Iam criticising not having a go at particular individuals.

I'm saying people can post what they like!

I'll use my head as to whether I give it any credibility.

I get where NMH is coming from

But an internet messageboard is an internet messageboard and gossip is gossip.

To be honest I dont think there are many, if any, genuine Hearts fans making up things about our financial problems. I do believe there is "chatter" going around football / financial circles and that some JKB posters who know people who appear to be good sources are reporting on here in good faith

Part of the problem is the internet.

Part of the problem is the evasive environment Romanov has created at the club.

Part of the problem is the divisive environment Romanov has created at the club where people on JKB are possibly more eager to commit to gossip being true to back their particular stance

It cant be controlled though NMH, you just need to cut through the garbage and go with the flow.

But I do like the irony this place throws up sometimes. In reality there is no difference between gossiping about "info" which is bad from Romanov and gossiping about "info" which seeks to vindicate Romanov at every turn!

Seymour M Hersh

We have to accept it's open season on us at the moment with fans of other clubs. Imagine if, back in 90/91 the tinterweb had been around at the time of Mercers unfortunately unsuccessful take-over of the hobos? The wind-ups on deluded.net would have caused the unwashed to implode!

it spreads further confusion and might very well cause some people unneccesary upset and/or complications

I gave you some slack on this but come on NMH. You are the master of spreading confusion regarding issues which highlight Romanov criticisms, and you make very simple Romanov criticisms and bad incidents overly complicated - whether to intentionally dissipate points by taking the thread off topic, or into a more complicated realm, or into an intangible place where the argument can no longer be easily countered, or only countered by somebody with too much time on their hands (ahem) or it is at least you sub-consciously doing so.

Dagger Is Back

The problem here is that communication from the club is ****, the owner is never around (in fact is he still alive or is this just like the episode from Star Trek when the mutant leader was in fact pan breid?).

Mind you even if he was around and the communication improved 1000%, many of us still wouldn't believe or trust him given the ****ing pigs ear he has made of our club.

That is the crux of the matter.

A bigger threat are those who can genuinely affect the business confidence of a trading entity such as Hearts - such as so called broadcasters either inferring or even stating as fact "problems" with the company's ability to trade - internet posters are much, much less powerful and damaging than that.

They will always make up or embellish football stories in addition to the real stories about the footballing side of things (players, management, etc) but when the story is financial and ultimately is seen to be made up (unlike the late wages, which, fair play, was true even if rampant speculation has taken over since), then that is just plain wrong and presenters or journos doing this should get short shrift

Whether NMH likes it or not, the bottom line is the chaotic way in which our club is being run makes it so easy for people to peddle trash on here. Maybe if we had a sustained period where the headlines were being made on the pitch instead of off it things would settle down. Having said that certain people who claim to be Hearts supporters and regularly post unsubstantiated scare stories on here should have a good look at themselves.

Dagger Is Back
Like others the irony of this thread is hard to annoy.

In conclusion all the OP, is saying is okay to post rumours when I agree with them.

I'm sorry the suggestion that people posting on intranet forum will somehow bring the club to its knees is laughable. Continuining to run the club in hap hazard manner, could very well though.

Spot on mate - loose ships? This ain't WW2 FFS! The manner is which business within the club has been dictated will cause our club to crash and burn whether that be VRs interference, late payment of monies due, the signig of ****ty players at ridiculous salaries etc. etc. etc.

As the obvious candidate for the guillotine here i will step forward. Firstly the thread i started was and always has been in the gullit lounge (small point but mentioned twice,inacurrately)

Yes it Dramatic,yes i care deeply for the club,yes i 100% believed every word i wrote..i STILL do, i have stood up at AGM's and tried to inject positivity when the room is heavily negative against VR,becuse i care!! I have tried to back VR when everything points to him being as bad as the pieman.

What made me 'turn', ? What possessed to name people i respect & admire for the hard job they are doing? What caused me to be so controversial?

I'll try and explain, and no i will NOT name sources!!

like most fans i have been hearing the doom & gloom for a while, ignoring it and flippantly dismissing it.However on this particular day after recieving calls & texts from numerous people,some employees of the club,some respected journalists,some fans/mates i decided (obviously) to try and check it out. I spoke to people at Hbos Corporate who told me one or two things that tied in, i then spoke to someone in lithuania who confirmed 'the end is nigh', i also spoke with current and former players.Please believe me when i say the pieces were forming a horrible jig-saw, i was told redundancies would be 'huge', starting from the top (Ogilvie & Southern) and they in turn would tell the various other staff.

In my mind,if anyone had to act it had to start there! I had phoned David Southern but his phone was switched off, so i decided to post after reading someone else's post that it was on a BBC website.

My next choice was to go for the 'worse case scenario', or dilute it, i went for the story as i believed it,warts and all.Whilst i was still hoping it was all a bad dream i'm afraid it is'nt. I do still think there are bad days ahead,i do still think none of us will like the outcome and i do still want to be wrong!!

Charlie-Brown
I gave you some slack on this but come on NMH. You are the master of spreading confusion regarding issues which highlight Romanov criticisms, and you make very simple Romanov criticisms and bad incidents overly complicated - whether to intentionally dissipate points by taking the thread off topic, or into a more complicated realm, or into an intangible place where the argument can no longer be easily countered, or only countered by somebody with too much time on their hands (ahem) or it is at least you sub-consciously doing so.

Yes but J_T there is a massive difference between giving your opinion on something however esoterically or even regards rumours saying 'I have heard that xyz might have happened' and then being questioned over your source for credibility ..... but this isn't what we are talking about.

Yes but J_T there is a massive difference between giving your opinion on something however esoterically or even regards rumours saying 'I have heard that xyz might have happened' and then being questioned over your source for credibility ..... but this isn't what we are talking about.

Well, it simply comes down to this

Do you believe say Meadows (as he is on this thread now) is a Hearts fan. If not then you disregard his post.

If yes, then you assess whether or not he is made it up or whether he has some sort of credible sources

If you think he does have some sort of credible sources you assess whether they are just making things up, whether they might know anything, and whether we should be concerned.

Now with Meadows - he probably is a Hearts fan, but he seems ridiculously well connected, so I dont really know what to make of it.

However, I used to work with a guy who had a business season ticket at Celtic and knew both a director of Celtic's board and a football agent. He got told stuff all the time which he would chat to me about. Some of it proved to be good info and some garbage, but his sources were impeccable

Scottish football is a gossipy fishwife, as is the Scottish business sector by the sounds of it.

Dont stress though, your campaign is doomed to failure ;)

Charlie-Brown
As the obvious candidate for the guillotine here i will step forward. Firstly the thread i started was and always has been in the gullit lounge (small point but mentioned twice,inacurrately)

Yes it Dramatic,yes i care deeply for the club,yes i 100% believed every word i wrote..i STILL do, i have stood up at AGM's and tried to inject positivity when the room is heavily negative against VR,becuse i care!! I have tried to back VR when everything points to him being as bad as the pieman.

What made me 'turn', ? What possessed to name people i respect & admire for the hard job they are doing? What caused me to be so controversial?

like most fans i have been hearing the doom & gloom for a while, ignoring it and flippantly dismissing it.However on this particular day after recieving calls & texts from numerous people,some employees of the club,some respected journalists,some fans/mates i decided (obviously) to try and check it out. I spoke to people at Hbos Corporate who told me one or two things that tied in, i then spoke to someone in lithuania who confirmed 'the end is nigh', i also spoke with current and former players.Please believe me when i say the pieces were forming a horrible jig-saw, i was told redundancies would be 'huge', starting from the top (Ogilvie & Southern) and they in turn would tell the various other staff.

In my mind,if anyone had to act it had to start there! I had phoned David Southern but his phone was switched off, so i decided to post after reading someone else's post that it was on a BBC website.

My next choice was to go for the 'worse case scenario', or dilute it, i went for the story as i believed it,warts and all.Whilst i was still hoping it was all a bad dream i'm afraid it is'nt. I do still think there are bad days ahead,i do still think none of us will like the outcome and i do still want to be wrong!!

Well that is an honest answer Meadows and yes many of us do share your concerns and there very well may be some tough financial times at Hearts as there have been in the past but that makes it all the more important to keep a cool head and not spread panic before the panic is real or confirmed.

If you'd posted what you've written above and posted it as your concerns instead of posting it in the way you did which was much more assertive and led people to believe this had already happen instead of some as yet uncertain possibility then it would have been much better don't you agree?

But this thread wasn't solely directed at you or anybody in particular it was just that we should all exercise a bit more caution regards some of the things that are posted especially when peoples jobs are concerned in what was/is a worrying enough period for them Iam sure.

Colonel Kurtz

Fair play

I also was pilloried for advising a "be careful what you wish for" approach in respect of getting rid of CR.

And having the gall to ask if there was a "what if we succeed" strategy.

We need now to have a "fall back position" if Hearts do go bust.

We are being told everything is ok by people who have duped us before.

There are only two alternatives ,either they are very easily fooled,or their endorsements are the best that money can buy.

Hindsight is aways a gift!;) We could all do things differently, if the end of the world was nigh....Do you run to grannie and tell her she is wonderful? Or do you get hold of a big blonde and enjoy yourself?:)

Thats a sort of Csaba / cantona type musing to leave you with as i get on with my day!

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/9am-Briefing-Hearts-39not-going.4561119.jp

obviously you would be forgiven for dismissing it by thinking 'well they're not exactly going to confirm they ARE going into administration'.

what do you do in response to a rumour like that though? ignore it and say nowt or deny it? either way there will always be someone who isn't happy.

for me a denial is better than silence.

Whether NMH likes it or not, the bottom line is the chaotic way in which our club is being run makes it so easy for people to peddle trash on here. Maybe if we had a sustained period where the headlines were being made on the pitch instead of off it things would settle down.

Well summed up. Things have happened to HMFC over the last few years that have been so farcical and so improbable that's it's hard to instantly dismiss outrageous rumours as automatically being rubbish. Romanov really has pushed the bar very high in the absurdity stakes.

Incidentally, I'd hate to have been on here when the Burley resignation broke. Thankfully I was in Sicily. What happened to the poor bloke who first posted it? Were his mortal remains ever found?

Well summed up. Things have happened to HMFC over the last few years that have been so farcical and so improbable that's it's hard to instantly dismiss outrageous rumours as automatically being rubbish. Romanov really has pushed the bar very high in the absurdity stakes.

Incidentally, I'd hate to have been on here when the Burley resignation broke. Thankfully I was in Sicily. What happened to the poor bloke who first posted it? Were his mortal remains ever found?

I believe he was headhunted by Vlad and installed as a Communications Director for the princely salary of ?75k per annum.

Charlie-Brown

I can't remember precisely but i'm sure that broke on the bbc and sky-sports news before it broke on here.

Cut The Crap
I'm saying people can post what they like!

I'll use my head as to whether I give it any credibility.

The irony of the OP is almost too much.

Have to agree with Geoff here. People should post what they want within the rules of the board.

Posters who deliberately attempt to deceive and mislead Hearts fans are easy enough to spot. ALL of them. ;)

Francis Albert
A bigger threat are those who can genuinely affect the business confidence of a trading entity such as Hearts - such as so called broadcasters either inferring or even stating as fact "problems" with the company's ability to trade - internet posters are much, much less powerful and damaging than that.

But where did Ewan Cameron get his "story" from, a story picked up by the Daily Mail today (see separate thread)? I am not saying it is of any great importance in the grand scheme of things at Hearts but there are "journalists" too lazy to find their own stories who are happy to report internet rumours as "news".

Which in a way is fair enough, because internet rumours CAN be self-fulfilling and bring down institutions which might otherwise survive. I am not suggesting this is a threat to Hearts, which has the advantage that its shares are not traded any more.

Archived