New phenomenon uncovered on JKB

Rudolf's Mate

Rudolf's Mate

I am constantly bewildered by this new phenomenon, which is sweeping the JKB website. Although I say new! I?m betting that older members of our beloved site have witnessed it prior to my joining. From what I can understand, it?s not a common occurrence however it seems to happen more frequently whenever we lose a game?.

What am I talking about??? So called members posting unsubstantiated bile about our famous institution! What really gets me is that 90% of the rumourmongers have posted under 50 times.

It would seem that we have bee infiltrated by the dark side. My question to you is can?t we have the mods do something by where any new posted must state their undying love for everything that is HMFC?!? Surely no self respecting hobo?. Guess I?ve just answered that question, as there are no self respecting hobos out there!

Can?t we do something to stop these erse holes from posting nonsense on our site? I for one am fed up of them. Starting to actually wish Wallace had put them out of business!

we could all go and fill hobos. net with utter rubbish but nobody would notice, as they couldnt tell the differance.

Since it would be impossible to verify if the OP is a Hobo or not, how about a new rule that any unsubstantiated rumours can only be posted by posters with a certain number of posts to their name, e.g. 250 and will be automatically removed by the mods if this criteria is not met? That way any genuine jambos with less would surely know someone who met the criteria who could post it on their behalf if they were sure it was true whereas wee laddies supporting Hibs would not. I accept this would mean more work for the mods but would prevent embarrasments such as tonight's fiasco.

Rudolf's Mate
Since it would be impossible to verify if the OP is a Hobo or not, how about a new rule that any unsubstantiated rumours can only be posted by posters with a certain number of posts to their name, e.g. 250 and will be automatically removed by the mods if this criteria is not met? That way any genuine jambos with less would surely know someone who met the criteria who could post it on their behalf if they were sure it was true whereas wee laddies supporting Hibs would not. I accept this would mean more work for the mods but would prevent embarrasments such as tonight's fiasco.

I think you may be on to something!

ToadKiller Dog

It could well be Hobos that are starting the rumours but it is certain well kent kickbackers that seem to want to run with them even if there is not substance or fact to back it.

Never knew that you had to have a certain number of posts to be a TRUE hearts fan. Just because some fans dont have many posts doesnt make them any less fans, just means that maybe they have a life other than sitting on this site 24/7. It really gets on my tits all you lot that have thousands of posts thinking your great fans because 'look how many posts i have'.

I better arrange to spend more time on JKB!!!

I think you may be on to something!

Additionally it may mean more posts such as the above or my own that lack any real content!!! ;)

145 posts and rising!!

I check a rumour thread (it's a bit of fun to have a read).

Check their post count and leave - never to go into the thread again.

it's dead easy, everyone should do the same.

Plus the Hibs fans that come over are mostly wee laddies that can barely comprehend English* and have posts like "ok cu guys r kul in wanna no the score"

*Alcohol, Hash and Heroin harms the baby during pregnancy!

Never knew that you had to have a certain number of posts to be a TRUE hearts fan. Just because some fans dont have many posts doesnt make them any less fans, just means that maybe they have a life other than sitting on this site 24/7. It really gets on my tits all you lot that have thousands of posts thinking your great fans because 'look how many posts i have'.

You miss my point. It isn't about being a TRUE Jambo, it's about NOT being on the wind-up. The 250 posts is arbitrary, it could be far less provided it deters muppets from simply building up the required number of posts before posting nonsense. I don't think I'm a great fan at all, I live abroad and only attend matches when I'm back in Edinburgh, which can be several years apart unfortunately. If you can come up with a better solution then I'd be delighted to debate it with you.

Additionally it may mean more posts such as the above or my own that lack any real content!!! ;)

145 posts and rising!!

I'm getting closer to the magic 250 mark!!

Archived