Whiplash from car accident

Jambo83

Has anyone recently had compensation paid out as a result of car accident?

Someone ran into the back of me at a roundabout a few months ago, I was put in touch with an car accident injury lawyer who has taken the case on. I have just had my sixth and final physio session (arranged and paid for by the lawyers) and am awaiting the next stage of the process.

I've been told that you normally get around ?1,500- ?2,000 for these types of claims, just wondering if anyone has been involved in a similar case recently?

To start with I was more worried about playing football & golf as my neck / shoulder blade was very uncomfortable for a while, but I seem to be ok now, so now the greedy side of me is starting to think of the ???'s and how much beer vouchers i'll receive :P

Exact same thing happened to me at a roundabout!! Some idiot drove in the back of us!!

Burd got about ?900 and I got about ?1200 I think as i had dragged my feet in filling out the forms etc so it was a good few months after her claim, she was raging that I got more!!

You should be getting about ?2000 by now i would imagine but depends how bad it was!!

:rolleyes:

Gee, thanks...... :mad:

Exact same thing happened to me at a roundabout!! Some idiot drove in the back of us!!

Burd got about ?900 and I got about ?1200 I think as i had dragged my feet in filling out the forms etc so it was a good few months after her claim, she was raging that I got more!!

You should be getting about ?2000 by now i would imagine but depends how bad it was!!

I bet you were the driver? She probably got less as she didn't have the inconvience of getting the car repaired etc...

She was driving (my car)!!!

We both claimed through my insurance to get the other driver's insurance to fork out but in the time it took me to fill in the forms the rate must have went up, think it was at least 12 months after the accident that i got paid out, she did it right away being a typical woman!

Had to attend a farcical medical next to the HBOS building in Lothian Road, the guy just prodded and poked me a bit and then sent me on my way!!

I have no idea what purpose this served, perhaps just to confirm that I had made a complete recovery!

Has anyone recently had compensation paid out as a result of car accident?

Someone ran into the back of me at a roundabout a few months ago, I was put in touch with an car accident injury lawyer who has taken the case on. I have just had my sixth and final physio session (arranged and paid for by the lawyers) and am awaiting the next stage of the process.

I've been told that you normally get around ?1,500- ?2,000 for these types of claims, just wondering if anyone has been involved in a similar case recently?

To start with I was more worried about playing football & golf as my neck / shoulder blade was very uncomfortable for a while, but I seem to be ok now, so now the greedy side of me is starting to think of the ???'s and how much beer vouchers i'll receive :P

The Whiplash hasnae affected yir drinkin Arm anyway...But the Hand that goes in the pocket for money's been badly damaged obviously...:P

this_is_my_story
She was driving (my car)!!!

We both claimed through my insurance to get the other driver's insurance to fork out but in the time it took me to fill in the forms the rate must have went up, think it was at least 12 months after the accident that i got paid out, she did it right away being a typical woman!

Had to attend a farcical medical next to the HBOS building in Lothian Road, the guy just prodded and poked me a bit and then sent me on my way!!

I have no idea what purpose this served, perhaps just to confirm that I had made a complete recovery!

And to think that you only went for a medical, eh! :)

The Whiplash hasnae affected yir drinkin Arm anyway...But the Hand that goes in the pocket for money's been badly damaged obviously...:P

Ah Tynie B, the scavenger of the shed, always on the look out for a bite!

Your lucky i'm no as crabbit as you or I might have taken offence :cool:

I've drove to the last 2 games, i'm a tee-total designated driver :P

Ah Tynie B, the scavenger of the shed, always on the look out for a bite!

Your lucky i'm no as crabbit as you or I might have taken offence :cool:

I've drove to the last 2 games, i'm a tee-total designated driver :P

sjh, Designated Drinker!! :P

How can you watch that Pesh Sober big man, I couldn't do it mate.

Did you actually need that much physio or did some ambulance chasing company pursuade you did?

your probably talking between 1-2k as basically too many ambulance chasers use a simple little bruise to claim whiplash and thousands

Gone are the days of just getting on with things

did the injury cause you any time off work?

Did you actually need that much physio or did some ambulance chasing company pursuade you did?

your probably talking between 1-2k as basically too many ambulance chasers use a simple little bruise to claim whiplash and thousands

Gone are the days of just getting on with things

did the injury cause you any time off work?

Yes

Cool

No, it didn't cause me time off work but it did cause me severe discomfort / constant pain at my work and also in the evenings. The only time it wasn't sore was when I was constantly moving (playing football & golf)

The Doctor & Physio both identified scar tissue and muscle tear though, and I can assure you it was pretty painful sometimes.

I feel I am due some sort of compensation for having to drive about in a crappy little Micra all week while my car was being repaired and also having to put up with a sore neck / back for a couple of months which was 100% someone else's fault.

sjh, Designated Drinker!! :P

How can you watch that Pesh Sober big man, I couldn't do it mate.

He isn't half. I match him drink for drink all day, but I always seem to be that wee bit drunker somehow!! :rolleyes:

It's all part of the banter mate. As the song goes, "Things can only get better..."

had this 4 years ago and sat it out for 2 years

1st offer ?1400

2nd offer ?1700

3rd offer ?1900

turned them all down and they came back with ?3000

Is it that easy? I think we should all get compo off Vlad for:

Impairment of mental health

Unhealthy aggresion

Emotional stress

Depression

Anxiety attacks

Creeping Xenophobia.

No wonder the OPs gagging on his dough!

Your sort of missing the point of insurance and compensation OP

Its to return you to your beginning position, i.e loss of earnings etc

You might get a bit for pain and suffering but you wont get cash simply because your ****ed off about the accident.

You will need to demonstrate pain and suffering as well as financial loss

Who referred you to the physio? If its your accident management company then hope their a good one and the insurers dont fight it, If its a GP your quids in

Your sort of missing the point of insurance and compensation OP

Its to return you to your beginning position, i.e loss of earnings etc

You might get a bit for pain and suffering but you wont get cash simply because your ****ed off about the accident.

You will need to demonstrate pain and suffering as well as financial loss

Who referred you to the physio? If its your accident management company then hope their a good one and the insurers dont fight it, If its a GP your quids in

Sorry, but I don't think I am. I have suffered because of someone else's dangerous driving and carelessness. There is no "ambulance chasing" or ulterior motives in my case. Sorry if you don't concur.

My GP confirmed the injury, the 3rd party insurer offered me ??? to settle out of court as their driver admitted liability immediately, and my solicitor referred me to the independent Physio.

Don't see the problem myself.

Sorry, but I don't think I am. I have suffered because of someone else's dangerous driving and carelessness. There is no "ambulance chasing" or ulterior motives in my case. Sorry if you don't concur.

My GP confirmed the injury, the 3rd party insurer offered me ??? to settle out of court as their driver admitted liability immediately, and my solicitor referred me to the independent Physio.

Don't see the problem myself.

Your due compo yes but it needs to be quanitifable

I had to drive around in a crappy micra - what affect did this have on you financially or health wise? the answer none so your entitled to the cost of the micra, you could have opted for a better car and sued for the cost

The pain and suffering again is a bit but you had no sick leave and no long lasting effect

You have a right to be ****ed off, but this cant increase your claim over someone who doesnt mind that much what happened

Archived