Lee Wallace - He Has To Go

DB-14

Yep, another week and another dismal performance on the whole by the team.

But, come on, Lee Wallace has to be one of the worst players to ever play for Hearts. :mad: He is absolutely awful, tries far to many fancy flicks and tricks and is too often caught out. He has already cost us far too many points this season and needs to be dropped.

Danny Invincible absolutely roasted him yesterday.

Would love to see Matty Rapnik replace him asap.

Thoughts?

Commander Harris

Lee Wallace is not a left-back IMO. he might make a decent midfielder but he's definitely not ahead of what we have there already.

Toxteth O'Grady

Lee showed a lot of promise when he first appeared but he hasn't improved one bit since. There is a good player in there but he is not showing it at the moment.

This is a symptom of the poor management and coaching we have suffered and I'm not convinced we will see the the best in him under the current regime.

He is suffering from a serious lack of confidence at the moment and shouldn't be any where near the first team.

according to the NOTW the world he was his 'usual solid self' :eek:

Pfft.

His usual dire self would be rather more appropriate, he is absolutely awful and was imo our worst player yesterday.

Thing is...there is a player in there.

In the last 2 or 3 Sotland U21 games I've watched on the TV he has always been one of the top 3/4 players.

We have just no idea how to get it out him..

Buffalo Bill

I really like Lee Wallace. I don't know the guy or have ever met him but I feel he is one of our own. He's kind of ungainly, and he runs funny; almost Mothy Pythonesque. He looks like a typical 'scratch your balls' bloke that you see in Spar at Carrick Knowe.

But he's having a 'mare at the moment, and probably has had for some time.

I wonder what sort of player he could be in the right team?

I bet he'd be a great player for Dundee Utd or Kilmarnock. I still have hope for him; maybe as a midfielder. I think left back is too cut throat for him, and his rather awkward stature.

Buffalo Bill

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I really like Lee Wallace. I don't know the guy or have ever met him but I feel he is one of our own. He's kind of ungainly, and he runs funny; almost Mothy Pythonesque. He looks like a typical 'scratch your balls' bloke that you see in Spar at Carrick Knowe.

I bet he'd be a great player for Dundee Utd or Kilmarnock. I still have hope for him; maybe as a midfielder. I think left back is too cut throat for him, and his rather awkward stature.

Buffalo Bill

Agreed on all points.

To say he is the worst player ever to play for Hearts is a MASSIVE over reaction. :sad:

But, come on, Lee Wallace has to be one of the worst players to ever play for Hearts. :mad: He is absolutely awful, tries far to many fancy flicks and tricks and is too often caught out. He has already cost us far too many points this season and needs to be dropped.

Thoughts?

Extremely harsh (and wrong IMO) to say he 'has to be one of the worst players to ever play for Hearts'.

When we first came on the scene he looked a decent prospect.

Arguably he's not improved a lot since then, and personally I think he's better at going forward, than some of his defending.

His confidence has gone, and maybe he does need a rest, but we're hardly blessed with left backs ready to take his place.

Bearing in mind our next match is Hibs at Easter Road, its not the place to give some untried laddie his debut.

Charlie-Brown

To say he is the worst player ever to have played for Hearts is just complete nonsense.

He has been playing rubbish though.

Its been a hell of a long time since his debut, and his progress has stalled along the way.

Could not believe some of his throw in's yesterday. Melting the ball at players chests instead of their feet.

Really basic stuff.

portobellojambo1

Buffalo Bill

As I said on another thread (cannot remember how the subject changed over to Wallace on it, but it did) I didn't really pay an awful lot of attention to Lee Wallace BB, until the friendly fixture down at Hull in 2005. He had an immense game playing a sort of left sided midfield role, and I thought at that time we had uncovered an absolute diamond.

He is not a left back, and is being wasted there, and in the process being wasted at Hearts, but there again he is not alone in that situation, we are wasting the best ball playing centre back we have by trying to force him to play a holding midfield role that he is not suited to, wasting Kingston out wide right. Truth is we put players into positions where we know we are weak, whether they are able to play those positions or not, and 99% of the time the answer is not.

I, like you, think there is definitely a player, a good player, in Lee Wallace, but this will only become apparent once he has moved on, and is used properly.

Buffalo Bill
As I said on another thread (cannot remember how the subject changed over to Wallace on it, but it did) I didn't really pay an awful lot of attention to Lee Wallace BB, until the friendly fixture down at Hull in 2005. He had an immense game playing a sort of left sided midfield role, and I thought at that time we had uncovered an absolute diamond.

He is not a left back, and is being wasted there, and in the process being wasted at Hearts, but there again he is not alone in that situation, we are wasting the best ball playing centre back we have by trying to force him to play a holding midfield role that he is not suited to, wasting Kingston out wide right. Truth is we put players into positions where we know we are weak, whether they are able to play those positions or not, and 99% of the time the answer is not.

I, like you, think there is definitely a player, a good player, in Lee Wallace, but this will only become apparent once he has moved on, and is used properly.

Cheers Iain,

I remember a couple of games he played in as sub for George Burley; both in midfield. I thought he looked really good there, not least when he set up Simmons for a goal v Hibs.

Buffalo Bill

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Cheers Iain,

I remember a couple of games he played in as sub for George Burley; both in midfield. I thought he looked really good there, not least when he set up Simmons for a goal v Hibs.

Buffalo Bill

It's amazing what a bit of confidence can do for you.

I remember Simmons slotting the ball into the net as if he was Thierry Henry!

Its nice to see that after destroying elliots confidence and career and forcing him out the boo boys have a new tartget

I reckon Wallace is a top prospect, yes he is off form at the moment but then who wouldnt be in this awful team and set up

If he was given to a proper manager like Levein I have no doubt he would show why he is a stand out for his age group at international level and has earned a debut at 17 as well as reputed OF interest

But hey feel free to force him out ala wallace, its nothing to do with our awful management

Drylaw Hearts

Wallace needs dropped/rested.

It's just a pity when someone was putting together a list of positions that needed filled LB didn't appear to be a priority.

Apparantly we needed 2 new goalies though.

:rolleyes:

Libertonian_II

LW is better in the left midfield role. With Driver injured, LW could have taken that slot, but hey, where are all the other left backs? LW on the left, Mikoliunus on the right, Kingston in the middle. The team might just have been a little bit more balanced

As Drylaw said, we did need some new goalies:rolleyes:

Snake Plissken

He's probably better as a left midfielder or wing back, just not quite a left back.

He's a good player who's going through a bad patch, I'd like to see him further up the pitch with Driver on the right.

I just don't know who else we could pitch in at left back as it seems Obua is made of glass.

Its nice to see that after destroying elliots confidence and career and forcing him out the boo boys have a new tartget

I reckon Wallace is a top prospect, yes he is off form at the moment but then who wouldnt be in this awful team and set up

If he was given to a proper manager like Levein I have no doubt he would show why he is a stand out for his age group at international level and has earned a debut at 17 as well as reputed OF interest

But hey feel free to force him out ala wallace, its nothing to do with our awful management

For once -- totally correct Prancer.

JamboRossi79
Wallace needs dropped/rested.

It's just a pity when someone was putting together a list of positions that needed filled LB didn't appear to be a priority.

Apparantly we needed 2 new goalies though.

:rolleyes:

I must have imagined we signed Obua then :eek:

This is becoming a problem. I concede that I never saw anything much in Elliot as a player when most others were talking about him as the Messiah, but I've begun to think that it is a total lack of coaching that is affecting all the young players.

Jose looked immense when he first arrived but left as a wreck. Mole has all round talent but seems scared to take on shots or even get into positions where he could shoot from; Wallace is an ungainly runner but like Michael Johnson he is pretty damned quick if not exactly stylish...The lack of progress from Branny and Copil is another sure sign that someting is wrong at Riccarton and this is coming out at Tynie too, and we fans are not helping...

Other teams know he is a nightmare as well.15 mins to go Saturday and JJ pulled Invincible at the touchline and told him to keep bombing down that side.

Auld Reekin'

I'm beginning to think he is a figment of my imagination as well...

Either way Obua didn't look too clever when he was switched to left back against St. Midden. (Unless I imagined it all, that is.)

Serge McMurto

Have been wondering for some time now how we have gone from having arguably one of the brightest left sided prospects in Scotland to a player who looks about a stone overweight and totally devoid of any touch, confidence etc and can only assume that something somewhere within the settup at Tynie is rotten and until there is a change I worry that we will continue to see this pattern with our young players.

jambo-rocker

by far he is better left midfielder, and i think he deserves a try in that position, wouldnt pie him yet, but i wouldnt keep him at left back either...

Drylaw Hearts

I thought Obua's position was 'in the hole' ?

And if he is a LB why on earth has he played less than 45mins there in 3 appearences ?

More mis-management ?

Dr. Bapswent
I thought Obua's position was 'in the hole' ?

And if he is a LB why on earth has he played less than 45mins there in 3 appearences ?

More mis-management ?

As far as I was aware, he could play in all those positions.

I also wouldn't call playing a player out of position, mis-management, its far from ideal, but sometimes needs must when other are injured, suspended or not performing.

I think this thread is WAY over the top, after the initial 15 mins when Invincible went passed Wallace with a nutmeg he didnt go passed Wallace once or get a cross in (remind me if im wrong)

The problem i see is that their is no competition at left back, Johnson came in and played well as he knew that if he didnt Thomson would be back in and also Robbie will be back on the scene soon.

Oboa is not a left back, looks far too lightweight. we need some competition for this position as Lee Wallace himself knows he isnt at his best. He still is the best we have though and people getting on at him doesnt help.

Jam Tarts 1874

Thoughts?

Rapnik plays at centre-half. I think we have enough players out of position already.

Wallace should not be playing at left-back.

I might be on my own here, but I didn't think he had a bad game on Saturday, bar a shaky 1st fifteen minutes. I thought he handled Invincible pretty well for most of the game and defended fairly solidly.

I do think he's wasted at Left back though and would be a far better holding midfield partner for Stewart than Karipidis.

Archived