My two cents..

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

These threads appear from time to time.

Mostly as result of some people thinking they have had some sort of epiphany, or to consoldiate the continiuous movings at the club.

A lot of the time they are ful of someone writing a lot and saying not much.

Anyway, this new season and new manager and new approach (or at least current approach) has led me to formalise my own thinking about things in this way...

(please feel free to ignore, dismiss and rubbish in anyway people see fit)

(I'll try an summaries as much as possible, to keep it short)

1. Finances.

VR came to the club with a plan. That plan may have since changed, or there was always a change integrated into that plan. The answer to that Im not sure we'll ever know.

But, he came with a plan, of that Im sure. That plan invovled making them a success. So how would someone start? Well youd want to win folk over - yes?

So he did, he bought class, not Robinho class, but Skacel, Bednar class. And it payed off, and he won us over. We also won the cup.

But either the plan was to pull back a bit from there, or things have changed, either way, we cant line that way. I dont beleive we ever could. So we are not spending like that. In fact we are cutting costs.

The aim? Financially viable football. The debt is being cut. Wages are being cut. This is why we hear all the threads about the finacial situation. But I thinks its being done for the right reasons.

The result - a smaller team. Lower quality player etc.

But why? - at the end of the day, ALL clubs will have to operate in a financially sound footing. At when that comes, and all clubs are playing on an even footing within themselves, a fair comparison between the clubs can be made. Rangers and Celtic will be at the top, and Hearts will more than likely be in the next top 3.

The problem is, that until then, it will mean mediocre football - as thats what the reast of the SPL is (behind Rangesr and Celtic) but only then, can small steps be made forward.

A fundamental issue is that Vlad is a wealthy guy, but his money is not Hearts money, and neither should it be. Hearts do not feed from a pool of cash made by someone else. They are subsidised in that way, but the end goal should be to make them viable, and in fact, make a profit. This will be both successful on the pitch and off it.

2. The Squad.

We have cost cut, and we have a squad that is simply not as good as we expect. Tullberg is not going to be a goal machine, neither is Nade. Berra aint the best captian, and Stewart is inconsistent. On our day we can be great, but thats only when the stars are all aligned in our favour. Normally they wont be, so we will get average, scrappy games. Lots of them. Thats the level we are at, for good or bad.

Csaba is a decent enough manager. He is passionate. He wants the best for Hearts. But the tools he has to work with are not great. He will lose and draw as many games as he will win. not because he isnt a good manager, just that we have to accept the level we are playing at.

People moan about certian players playing, why are they picked? I personally dont think anyone other than Csaba picks the team. But some players, such as Mole, 29 and others, clearly mst show something in training, that others do not. They earn their place off the pitch, but do not replicate that on the pitch.

OK, so why not replace them. Well, those who can replace them, simply arent that much better. We really need to accept our squad is far from exceptional. We no longer have Bednar, Skacel, Fyssas. We have Nade, Tullberg and 29.

We are slowly floating to our natural level. That level may only be top 6 at best. But it hurts so bad, because we have been treated to how things could be.

I think things are in place to change that, but it will happen slowly. Vlad may have primised things in the past. But he was simply churning out spin. he said things the fans would love, things the papers would print Some on here call it lies. But all football cluns talk guff, they pretend players are happy, dont want to leave, managers jobs are safe etc, when we all know they are not. Vlad is no different.

HMFC are not 2nd place contenders. We are top 6....just. and we are top 6, with a bunch of other teams. We should expect ugly games, scrappy wins, scrappy defeats, but at the end, we currently will not stand head and shoulders above that. Thats just how it currently is.

3. The Fans

Why do things hurt so much?

Well as I said, we were treated (call it an introductory offer) to a glorious victory, we saw great football. But now we are beyond that, and things, either through being planned, or because things have changed, will now be different. But the fans havent changed. They want the glory they have had a taste of. They want the football they were treated too. Tey want the talented players they watched in awe. They want the intention of the club spending the money that they saw.

But things have change....the problem....the fans havent. Not really.

They are so unhappy, because they think Vlads money is the clubs money. Why the hell does the club not have millions if Vald does?

They are annoyed because they believed him when he said we'd spend 10mill on 1 player if he was worth it etc. And maybe they are right to be annoyed, because a few seasons of success suggested it might just be true!

They are disapointed because rather than go forward, we have slowed down. And fans want instant glory over long term success.

The result is, fans dont trust VR. they dont like the players, and they take it out on who else, but each other. Those within reach.

They maybe dont see hows things have changed. Maybe they dont want to. Maybe they just dont agree that it should change. But irrespective, it has, and will. We are now in a positin far removed from what we had. We are a good few steps back. And we moan about what we could have had.

All this breeds a horrible atmoshpere, both on KB and at Tynecastle.

And the problem is, most people simply wnat a moan, and someone to blame. Ok, go for it, blame Vlad, blame Csaba, blame the payers, blame each other.

None of that will change anything, in fact, if anything, it will simply hinder the healing process of getting back behind the club.

On saturday, the fans were silent. The loudest song came as a result of outsinging the kilmarnock fans. poor show.

But im not having a go at fans, I understand why. Its just its not constructive, not now.

So what now.

Well im not suggesting forgive and forget. Everything is ok.

It is most certainly not.

But the way i see it, the Vlad tried to take over the club and put on a good show. And he most defintely did that.

But now, we are playing the long game, a financial game, that starts with not spending frivoulously.

That to me is the current reality. And thats where the fans have to be, to accept the hard time ahead. We are top 6, but not challengers. We are not even a good squad. But we are in a period of building.

We need a huge overhaul of players, but we will do it ver time, when we can afford it, not just for the sake of it.

For example, Eggy going to RB. Costs us nothing. decent enough move, but not perfect. But for a club wanting to build its own future, its the right thing.

So ill applaud Eggy when he plays RB. and i wont expect him to be the best. I wont post threads about how Eggy is a rubbish RB, and Csaba doesnt ahve a clue, because him playing at RB makes sense to me, with the way I see things currently at the club.

Its a long road ahead, we started of with a sprint, and we were fooled into thinking the winning line was only a few hunder meteres away. But we have been left with a marathon. its a **** situation, no one is happy with. But I think this is how it curretly is. and will be for some time.

I dont want to like it and lump it. But I will understand it.

Could be a lot of rubbish.

Just my thoughts. long and boring to a lot of folk. But for me i makes sense of what i see and have seen.

And it also means, its not all bad. And can get better.

i hope.

Dr. Bapswent
I like the post Dr B. The Eggy analogy was a good one.

I'm hating this but I can see some pattern. It hurts we have to put up with it, but put up with it I will have to, because having and being Hearts is what matters.

Its a bitter pill, and not one some people think we should swallow, after the recent success we have had.

But irrespective, its what is happening ( I think).

Guest Fabuloso

Mostly as result of some people thinking they have had some sort of apiphany, or to consoldiate the continiuous movings at the club.

Anyway, this new season and new manager and new approach (or at least current approach) has led me to formalise my own thinking about things in this way...

1. Finances.

VR came to the club with a plan. That plan may have since changed, or there was always a change integrated into that plan. The answer to that Im not sure we'll ever know.

But, he came with a plan, of that Im sure. That plan invovled making them a success. So how would someone start? Well youd want to win folk over - yes?

So he did, he bought class, not Robinho class, but Skacel, Bednar class. And it payed off, and he won us over. We also won the cup.

But either the plan was to pull back a bit from there, or things have changed, either way, we cant line that way. I dont beleive we ever could. So we are not spending like that. In fact we are cutting costs.

The aim? Financially viable football. The debt is being cut. Wages are being cut. This is why we hear all the threads about the finacial situation. But I thinks its being done for the right reasons.

But why? - at the end of the day, ALL clubs will have to operate in a financially sound footing. At when that comes, and all clubs are playing on an even footing within themselves, a fair comparison between the clubs can be made. Rangers and Celtic will be at the top, and Hearts will more than likely be in the next top 3.

The problem is, that until then, it will mean mediocre football - as thats what the reast of the SPL is (behind Rangesr and Celtic) but only then, can small steps be made forward.

A fundamental issue is that Vlad is a wealthy guy, but his money is not Hearts money, and neither should it be. Hearts do not feed from a pool of cash made by someone else. They are subsidised in that way, but the end goal should be to make them viable, and in fact, make a profit. This will be both successful on the pitch and off it.

2. The Squad.

We have cost cut, and we have a squad that is simply not as good as we expect. Tullberg is not going to be a goal machine, neither is Nade. Berra aint the best captian, and Stewart is inconsistent. On our day we can be great, but thats only when the stars are all aligned in our favour. Normally they wont be, so we will get average, scrappy games. Lots of them. Thats the level we are at, for good or bad.

Csaba is a decent enough manager. He is passionate. He wants the best for Hearts. But the tools he has to work with are not great. He will lose and draw as many games as he will win. not because he isnt a good manager, just that we have to accept the level we are playing at.

People moan about certian players playing, why are they picked? I personally dont think anyone other than Csaba picks the team. But some players, such as Mole, 29 and others, clearly mst show something in training, that others do not. They earn their place off the pitch, but do not replicate that on the pitch.

OK, so why not replace them. Well, those who can replace them, simply arent that much better. We really need to accept our squad is far from exceptional. We no longer have Bednar, Skacel, Fyssas. We have Nade, Tullberg and 29.

We are slowly floating to our natural level. That level may only be top 6 at best. But it hurts so bad, because we have been treated to how things could be.

I think things are in place to change that, but it will happen slowly. Vlad may have primised things in the past. But he was simply churning out spin. he said things the fans would love, things the papers would print Some on here call it lies. But all football cluns talk guff, they pretend players are happy, dont want to leave, managers jobs are safe etc, when we all know they are not. Vlad is no different.

HMFC are not 2nd place contenders. We are top 6....just. and we are top 6, with a bunch of other teams. We should expect ugly games, scrappy wins, scrappy defeats, but at the end, we currently will not stand head and shoulders above that. Thats just how it currently is.

3. The Fans

Well as I said, we were treated (call it an introductory offer) to a glorious victory, we saw great football. But now we are beyond that, and things, either through being planned, or because things have changed, will now be different. But the fans havent changed. They want the glory they have had a taste of. They want the football they were treated too. Tey want the talented players they watched in awe. They want the intention of the club spending the money that they saw.

They are so unhappy, because they think Vlads money is the clubs money. Why the hell does the club not have millions if Vald does?

They are annoyed because they believed him when he said we'd spend 10mill on 1 player if he was worth it etc. And maybe they are right to be annoyed, because a few seasons of success suggested it might just be true!

They are disapointed because rather than go forward, we have slowed down. And fans want instant glory over long term success.

The result is, fans dont trust VR. they dont like the players, and they take it out on who else, but each other. Those within reach.

They maybe dont see hows things have changed. Maybe they dont want to. Maybe they just dont agree that it should change. But irrespective, it has, and will. We are now in a positin far removed from what we had. We are a good few steps back. And we moan about what we could have had.

And the problem is, most people simply wnat a moan, and someone to blame. Ok, go for it, blame Vlad, blame Csaba, blame the payers, blame each other.

None of that will change anything, in fact, if anything, it will simply hinder the healing process of getting back behind the club.

On saturday, the fans were silent. The loudest song came as a result of outsinging the kilmarnock fans. poor show.

But im not having a go at fans, I understand why. Its just its not constructive, not now.

So what now.

But the way i see it, the Vlad tried to take over the club and put on a good show. And he most defintely did that.

But now, we are playing the long game, a financial game, that starts with not spending frivoulously.

That to me is the current reality. And thats where the fans have to be, to accept the hard time ahead. We are top 6, but not challengers. We are not even a good squad. But we are in a period of building.

We need a huge overhaul of players, but we will do it ver time, when we can afford it, not just for the sake of it.

For example, Eggy going to RB. Costs us nothing. decent enough move, but not perfect. But for a club wanting to build its own future, its the right thing.

So ill applaud Eggy when he plays RB. and i wont expect him to be the best. I wont post threads about how Eggy is a rubbish RB, and Csaba doesnt ahve a clue, because him playing at RB makes sense to me, with the way I see things currently at the club.

Its a long road ahead, we started of with a sprint, and we were fooled into thinking the winning line was only a few hunder meteres away. But we have been left with a marathon. its a **** situation, no one is happy with. But I think this is how it curretly is. and will be for some time.

Just my thoughts. long and boring to a lot of folk. But for me i makes sense of what i see and have seen.

i hope.

Wow - you've got some time on your hands! Vlad's never there - it's purely some kind of business reason. What that is is beyond me. I don't think the fans real problem is the lack of success, it's the manner in which the club are being run.

Some good points though.

Kemptons feet

Aye.

Very good.

Could be true. Mostly.

Imagine No.29, knowing people call him No.29 not his name.

Thats shan.

neverlikedElvis

excellent post mate. agree with everything (except Bednar:mad:)

the supporters will always get on each others cases-it's always been that way at Hearts. there has never been any unity amongst the supporters in the thirty odd years I've been going

http://www.hearts-mad.net

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Its a bitter pill, and not one some people think we should swallow, after the recent success we have had.

But irrespective, its what is happening ( I think).

I think you have got the fans feelings completely wrong.

We all understand that expectations have to be lowered and things have to change for the sake of the club.

It's the fecking mystery surrounding team selections, rumours about payment problems, young players dropping off the face of the earth for no reason, gutless performances and stupid formations.

That's what drives me mental anyway.

The Mighty Thor

I think you've missed the mood of the fans totally.

We don't expect Robinho or Messi. We do however expect the 11 guys that pull on the famous jersey to put the effort in. We do expect the manager (or whatever he actually is) to put the best available 11 on the pitch regardless of the skill level of that 11 individuals. We're getting neither.

As we head towards halloween we have 11 guisers out there week in week out. That's what sticks in the collective craw on JKB, that's what creates the library like atmosphere in Tynie.

The fans aren't stupid and being skint is not a new phenomenon at Tynie either, we were skint under Mercer and played the kids, remember them? Mackay, Bowman, Robertson etc.

The issue with the current team is as much where we get them from as much as it who they are, why pay good money for semi professional players from Eastern Europe when we can get kids from the SFL or the Coca-Cola league sides?

The whole nub of the issue is that many people believe that Romaonv's aspirations for Hearts may actually be not that good for Hearts.

Dr. Bapswent
I think you have got the fans feelings completely wrong.

We all understand that expectations have to be lowered and things have to change for the sake of the club.

It's the fecking mystery surrounding team selections, rumours about payment problems, young players dropping off the face of the earth for no reason, gutless performances and stupid formations.

That's what drives me mental anyway.

Yes, It is.

Rumours etc, thats media, specualtion, real things getting blown out of proportion etc.

The club now lives under a microscope, like no other club. Anything, and I mean anything gets magnified a hundred times.

I dont think young players hve dropped of the face of the planet. Csaba has been vocal about his desire to protect players. JT gets a game. The overall team age is very young. So i dont think he is afraid of playing youth.

I just think he see's something in trainging from certain players, that we dont see on the pitch.

I guess your talking about Glen not playing, but Mole and 29 geting a game. Well this is a case in point. And I agree. But i do think Glen will play, Csaba has also said so, but in time. And the longer 29 and Mole pay poorly, the closer he will come to a start.

I think the reason we are confused about Glen, was that he was played as a last roll fo the dice by Frail. And that paid off, Glen was decent.

But Csaba doesnt want to play that gamble yet.

Makela for example, is an enigma. As a manager, watching him score well in training, and when on loan. Would definately put him in the team. But as we have seen, he is useless on the pitch. Managers can tell the future, and some more than others will work on facts. The fact is, in training, Makela is decent, (probably...maybe better than Glen).

i think this goes some way to answer team selection too.

But as I also said. I think we are stuck with a poor team, from top to toe ( a few exceptions) we dont have stength in depth. We have lots and lots of dead weight. We are average.

If the players are not much better than each other, the gaffer tries some things to see if he can make the best of a bad bunch. He also goes by what he sees performing in training as a basis for making decisions.

Dr. Bapswent
I think you've missed the mood of the fans totally.

We don't expect Robinho or Messi. We do however expect the 11 guys that pull on the famous jersey to put the effort in. We do expect the manager (or whatever he actually is) to put the best available 11 on the pitch regardless of the skill level of that 11 individuals. We're getting neither.

As we head towards halloween we have 11 guisers out there week in week out. That's what sticks in the collective craw on JKB, that's what creates the library like atmosphere in Tynie.

The fans aren't stupid and being skint is not a new phenomenon at Tynie either, we were skint under Mercer and played the kids, remember them? Mackay, Bowman, Robertson etc.

The issue with the current team is as much where we get them from as much as it who they are, why pay good money for semi professional players from Eastern Europe when we can get kids from the SFL or the Coca-Cola league sides?

The whole nub of the issue is that many people believe that Romaonv's aspirations for Hearts may actually be not that good for Hearts.

Yep, we have an entire team (with a few exceptions) of poor talent.

The rebuilding will take time, as we wont spend millions to change the team overnight.

Thats whats going on.

The Mighty Thor
Yep, we have an entire team (with a few exceptions) of poor talent.

The rebuilding will take time, as we wont spend millions to change the team overnight.

Thats whats going on.

We don't have millions and we don't need them. We need to start with a cull. An absolute blood letting of the dross and chancers and wage thieves that fill Riccarton and (dis)grace the hallowed turf of Tynecastle.

I'd be happy to watch the kids and a younger team of emerging talent playing under a decent manager with proven coaching ability and a sound and fundamental knowledge of the British game. I'd accept 6th or 7th or 8th from that, what i won't accept is 8th from ?10 million quid and a squad that contains con artists like Kingston, Zaliukus and No 29.

Yes, It is.

Rumours etc, thats media, specualtion, real things getting blown out of proportion etc.

The club now lives under a microscope, like no other club. Anything, and I mean anything gets magnified a hundred times.

I dont think young players hve dropped of the face of the planet. Csaba has been vocal about his desire to protect players. JT gets a game. The overall team age is very young. So i dont think he is afraid of playing youth.

I just think he see's something in trainging from certain players, that we dont see on the pitch.

I guess your talking about Glen not playing, but Mole and 29 geting a game. Well this is a case in point. And I agree. But i do think Glen will play, Csaba has also said so, but in time. And the longer 29 and Mole pay poorly, the closer he will come to a start.

I think the reason we are confused about Glen, was that he was played as a last roll fo the dice by Frail. And that paid off, Glen was decent.

Makela for example, is an enigma. As a manager, watching him score well in training, and when on loan. Would definately put him in the team. But as we have seen, he is useless on the pitch. Managers can tell the future, and some more than others will work on facts. The fact is, in training, Makela is decent, (probably...maybe better than Glen).

But as I also said. I think we are stuck with a poor team, from top to toe ( a few exceptions) we dont have stength in depth. We have lots and lots of dead weight. We are average.

If the players are not much better than each other, the gaffer tries some things to see if he can make the best of a bad bunch. He also goes by what he sees performing in training as a basis for making decisions.

I don't really accept that these guys are doing it in training and thats the reason they have been given so many chances.

It's been happening since Romanov took over the club. It's SO obvious that people aren't being picked on merit.

What makes you think that Glen isn't doing as well as Makela? Just a guess surely? Craig Gordon supposedly burst out laughing when he saw Makela in training ... says it all.

You say Csaba is protecting the young players ... then why is he hanging Jamie Mole out to dry and persisting with Lee Wallace who's confidence has been shattered so much that's it's almost unrepairable?

I'm so frustrated when I look to the bench or in the stands and see better players than we have on the pitch.

The injury issue we have as well is a fecking joke and I know for a FACT that this all stems from Romanov and Rima and all that garbage.

Guest Fabuloso
Yes, It is.

Sorry to spoil that thought however remember the story about the fax from VR with team selection? I know this is 110% accurate. A friend of mine was marketing director at Hearts (now down south at a championship team) - forgive me for not mentioning his actual name - however if you're close to the club you'll know who I'm referring to. I cornered him last Christmas and he admitted it happens. He was as perplexed as I was as to how the club was operating. FYI - the previous year he talked up the club and tried to paint a brighter picture(typical marketing) however he later admitted it was always 'uncomfortable'. My point is that we'd like to believe things are changing however deep down we know that's not the case.

We don't have millions and we don't need them. We need to start with a cull. An absolute blood letting of the dross and chancers and wage thieves that fill Riccarton and (dis)grace the hallowed turf of Tynecastle.

I'd be happy to watch the kids and a younger team of emerging talent playing under a decent manager with proven coaching ability and a sound and fundamental knowledge of the British game. I'd accept 6th or 7th or 8th from that, what i won't accept is 8th from ?10 million quid and a squad that contains con artists like Kingston, Zaliukus and No 29.

It shouldn't be forgotten that the young lads are training with these journeymen and picking up bad habits every day.

They are still learning and the dross at the club will 100% be affecting their progress.

Dr. Bapswent

I totally agree.

I dont recall suggesting we kept these players, just that right now, we dont really have better.

The Mighty Thor
It shouldn't be forgotten that the young lads are training with these journeymen and picking up bad habits every day.

They are still learning and the dross at the club will 100% be affecting their progress.

A superb point which is illustrated and personified by Mr Lee Wallace. A young lad at the end of the Levein era with the raw talent and ambition in spades. He has not developed at all since. I would go as far to say that he is technically a worse footballer now than he was 3 years ago.

This is the thing that fills me with dread.....is our 'footballing academy', on which we have effectively gambled our future, actually a kind of Polmont young offenders institute of chancers and squandered talent?

Dr. Bapswent
I don't really accept that these guys are doing it in training and thats the reason they have been given so many chances.

It's been happening since Romanov took over the club. It's SO obvious that people aren't being picked on merit.

What makes you think that Glen isn't doing as well as Makela? Just a guess surely? Craig Gordon supposedly burst out laughing when he saw Makela in training ... says it all.

You say Csaba is protecting the young players ... then why is he hanging Jamie Mole out to dry and persisting with Lee Wallace who's confidence has been shattered so much that's it's almost unrepairable?

I'm so frustrated when I look to the bench or in the stands and see better players than we have on the pitch.

The injury issue we have as well is a fecking joke and I know for a FACT that this all stems from Romanov and Rima and all that garbage.

I dont know that Makela perform better than anyone.

Its just an explanantion that makes sense.

Either way, i think whoever plays is not that much better than anyone else.

We are entirely mediocre.

Some really young kids may have greater talent, but not the experience or mental strength (not meaning Glen) than others. And on match day, that is really important.

Charlie-Brown
A superb point which is illustrated and personified by Mr Lee Wallace. A young lad at the end of the Levein era with the raw talent and ambition in spades. He has not developed at all since. I would go as far to say that he is technically a worse footballer now than he was 3 years ago.

This is the thing that fills me with dread.....is our 'footballing academy', on which we have effectively gambled our future, actually a kind of Polmont young offenders institute of chancers and squandered talent?

You've made some good points on this thread Mister Thor but on this point your thinking is flawed - the academy and producing as many of our own players as possible is a necessity not just at Hearts but at virtually every SPL club outwith the Old Firm - it is a key method in helping to make them fiancially viable.

It was high earners like Rudi Skacel & Edgaras Jankauksas and before that Stephane Adam & Fitzroy Simpson etc that was gambling our future on.

The Mighty Thor
You've made some good points on this thread Mister Thor but on this point your thinking is flawed - the academy and producing as many of our own players as possible is a necessity not just at Hearts but at virtually every SPL club outwith the Old Firm - it is a key method in helping to make them fiancially viable.

It was high earners like Rudi Skacel & Edgaras Jankauksas and before that Stephane Adam & Fitzroy Simpson etc that was gambling our future on.

Charlie it was a poor choice of phrase. I 100% agree with what you say that the academy is our future. Particularly as the finances tighten.

On a side note i've said foe the last three years we've under-invested in coaching quality in that dept.

Well that is fair enough. Not that I agree, then again I'm a bit of a cynic :).

So;

If there is this so called plan that you claim to see at work, why is the squad still so bloated and full of merde? Why let it get that way in the first place if this was all part of a grand plan?

Why have this introductary offer as you call it, why keep making tiny positive steps only to keep reverting? - When one surplus player is offloaded we sign another one, or if we can't offload a surplus player, we sign another one etc. If there is a plan it's very hard to see it.

Surely if there was a plan the club would be run in a sensible manner by people who know what they are doing. If this was the case we would'nt need to have players playing out of position. We seemed to manage it before Romanov, at a fraction of the cost. You see the fans don't expect world class players, they just expect things to be run with even an tiny degree of logic.

If there is a cost cutting plan why not cut costs like all the advisors/the 'committee'?

Why have the same problems with the playing side remained the same (poor/illogical subs, players out of position for no good reason, lack of passion and morale, certain players constantly being overlooked, persisting with out of form players etc) through all the various 'head coaches' if they are really being allowed to do their job? The 'must be doing something right in training' line is also getting old.

I see no plan, all I see is a whole lot of mismanagement and a culture of complacency (or perhaps just plain incompatence) at the club from top to bottom. It's been going in cycles for the last 3 seasons. The fans are driven to breaking point then there is the suggestion of a change then a return to the same old crap, and it will probably continue this way for the rest of Romanov's tenure because to be perfectly honest I don't think he gives a toss about this 'project' any more because the club is little more than a very expensive dog's breakfast and it's easier to just leave it in the corner and try to forget about it than clean it up.

IMO that is the real bottom line at the moment. The club will likely continue as is until things start to reek so badly the next half hearted quick fix is required - another change of coach maybe?

Toxteth O'Grady

Rudi scored in a cup final

Edgaris in a semi against the hobos

Stephane scored a cup winning goal

A decent gambe IMO

3 out of 4 aint bad

Dr. Bapswent
Well that is fair enough. Not that I agree, then again I'm a bit of a cynic :).

So;

If there is this so called plan that you claim to see at work, why is the squad still so bloated and full of merde? Why let it get that way in the first place if this was all part of a grand plan?

Why have this introductary offer as you call it, why keep making tiny positive steps only to keep reverting? - When one surplus player is offloaded we sign another one, or if we can't offload a surplus player, we sign another one etc. If there is a plan it's very hard to see it.

Surely if there was a plan the club would be run in a sensible manner by people who know what they are doing. If this was the case we would'nt need to have players playing out of position. We seemed to manage it before Romanov, at a fraction of the cost. You see the fans don't expect world class players, they just expect things to be run with even an tiny degree of logic.

If there is a cost cutting plan why not cut costs like all the advisors/the 'committee'?

Why have the same problems with the playing side remained the same (poor/illogical subs, players out of position for no good reason, lack of passion and morale, certain players constantly being overlooked, persisting with out of form players etc) through all the various 'head coaches' if they are really being allowed to do their job? The 'must be doing something right in training' line is also getting old.

I see no plan, all I see is a whole lot of mismanagement and a culture of complacency (or perhaps just plain incompatence) at the club from top to bottom. It's been going in cycles for the last 3 seasons. The fans are driven to breaking point then there is the suggestion of a change then a return to the same old crap, and it will probably continue this way for the rest of Romanov's tenure because to be perfectly honest I don't think he gives a toss about this 'project' any more because the club is little more than a very expensive dog's breakfast and it's easier to just leave it in the corner and try to forget about it than clean it up.

IMO that is the real bottom line at the moment. The club will likely continue as is until things start to reek so badly the next half hearted quick fix is required - another change of coach maybe?

I think some bad decision were made.

bad decisions with managers - and not just getting rid of Burley.

I think Vlad wanted a manager in charge to do the right thing. and he got players to do that. (cant say who informed the buying decisions).

But clearly an issue meant Burley couldnt stay.

Subsequent managers were testament to VR not trusting gaffers he didnt know, or couldnt control (by that I mean bin or order about at the drop of a hat).

I think these managers wanted their say in buying players. I think Vlad has also been badly informed about players to some extent, maybe not just through managers. Even if Vlad himself made all the mistakes, it doesnt change the fact that we filled ranks with sub standard players to some extent.

We are now feeling the effects, as thats who we are left with.

Beslija, Makela etc....we need a clear out.

But we are now moving on starting from this level.

i dont think that was ever part of the plan, but it is what has turned out.

Charlie-Brown
Rudi scored in a cup final

Edgaris in a semi against the hobos

Stephane scored a cup winning goal

A decent gambe IMO

3 out of 4 aint bad

I wasn't criticising those players TO'G & they did a great job for us at times but the point I was trying to make was that they were very high earning players in relation to a club of our size & income level etc.

It was the big spending on players wages particularly that is the main reason the club has been losing money continuously and getting deeper into debt.

The main point is, Romanov or whoever is in charge of running this shambles, has allowed this farce to develop and obviously has poor judjement, so how can we have any faith in them to turn things around? Someone who actually has a clue should be put in control of running of the club NOW, I don't care if it has to be someone with links to Romanov or not just as long as they have a record of running a tight ship smoothly because that is exactly what is required just now - leadership and direction. The changes have to start from the top, then the problems within the coaching setup and the squad can be addressed from there. Until these changes materialise there is no point advancing any so called plan because it's highly dobtful things will actually get done and the plan itself is likely to be a load of gash!

Mostly as result of some people thinking they have had some sort of epiphany, or to consoldiate the continiuous movings at the club.

1. Finances.

2. The Squad.

3. The Fans

So what now.

i hope.

good some1 cna make sense of whats going on at tthis great club of ours Dr Bapswent cos after the game yesterday heading down to Haymarket i was depressed as hell and ragin at the wage thiefs but a more positive slant on it makes sense cant wait til the derbie now to ram it up the hobos.

Toxteth O'Grady
I wasn't criticising those players TO'G & they did a great job for us at times but the point I was trying to make was that they were very high earning players in relation to a club of our size & income level etc.

It was the big spending on players wages particularly that is the main reason the club has been losing money continuously and getting deeper into debt.

I know what you are saying NMH but I wouldn't swap those 2 cup winning celebrations for a healthy bank balance.

I know VR likes monkeys, well the old infinite monkeys with typewriters theory is basically a fairly good representation of his approach to running Hearts at the moment, so I would'nt put faith in any plan that results from this method tbh.

Charlie-Brown
I know what you are saying NMH but I wouldn't swap those 2 cup winning celebrations for a healthy bank balance.

Neither would I and at least we got to really enjoy them but I think for now we have to tighten our belts.

I dont know that Makela perform better than anyone.

Its just an explanantion that makes sense.

Either way, i think whoever plays is not that much better than anyone else.

We are entirely mediocre.

Some really young kids may have greater talent, but not the experience or mental strength (not meaning Glen) than others. And on match day, that is really important.

That's the thing .... NOTHING makes sense!

Hence the fans frustration.

I'm not trying to get you to agree I just hope you can see the other side of the coin.

I don't want us to break the bank to get success. I just want 11 players who will die for the club and everything it stands for. I want they players to be selected by a football manager. I want the players in the team on merit. I want us to be adventurous and try and entertain the fans.

1. Finances.

2. The Squad.

3. The Fans

So what now.

i hope.

Yes you are right it could be a lot of rubbish and is.

John Montgomery
Aye.

Very good.

Could be true. Mostly.

Imagine No.29, knowing people call him No.29 not his name.

Thats shan.

Yes that is just about my only objection to the post. I remeber one post where the poster quoted something like 28 and 29 came on for EJ and RP. The exact numbers I quote may not be exactly correct but the main point is the poster could make a point of quoting the initials of an Icelandic and Spanish player but could not be bothered to do that for Lithuanian players. Kind of double standards. However having said that while I did not read the post word for word I feel I may have got the gist and a lot of it may seem fair enough as a theory and possibly not far away as fact.

Archived