Maybe Maybury may be signing.....

haganajambo

Sorry for that abysmal title but....

I heard today that Laszlo wants to sign Maybury and Maybury wants to sign. There were talks going on over the last day or two seemingly.

I don't know what kind of contract he'd be on but I know the reason he didn't stay at Aberdeen is because they only offered him a one year deal.

He's only 28 (I think?)

Good signing I think...if it happens.

Also I'm not that sorry for the title.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

It would be wonderful if he came.

A great player for us and a wholehearted one who "played for the jersey"

He would certainly let some of the shirkers know a thing or two.

Come back Irish Alan.

I would bring him in and would be very tempted to hand him the captains armband right away.

Experienced player who will rlate more than most of the squad to what we fans expect.

Snake Plissken

I hope so we badly need some fight in the defence and Maybury could offer it for both side of the defence.

Snake Plissken

I heard today that Laszlo wants to sign Maybury and Maybury wants to sign. There were talks going on over the last day or two seemingly.

I don't know what kind of contract he'd be on but I know the reason he didn't stay at Aberdeen is because they only offered him a one year deal.

He's only 28 (I think?)

He's 30

(born 8th August 1978)

Should have 2-3 decent years left in him at least.

I would bring him in and would be very tempted to hand him the captains armband right away.

Experienced player who will rlate more than most of the squad to what we fans expect.

Good call.

Its a catch 22 though with the captaincy.

He's only 28 (I think?)

Maybury is 30!

But i'd still rather see him a LB than Lee Wallace!

Bring in Maybury to play LB, bring back Nielson at RB... play Jonsson in CDM to free up Mikey Stewart and we may just start to turn things around... maybe!

Balogh

Nielson

Karipidis

Berra

Maybury

Miko/Kingston when he can be arsed

Stewart

Jonsson

Driver

Nade/Tullberg

Glen/Mole

Drylaw Hearts
Maybury is 30!

Bring in Maybury to play LB, bring back Nielson at RB... play Jonsson in CDM to free up Mikey Stewart and we may just start to turn things around... maybe!

Balogh

Nielson

Karipidis

Berra

Maybury

Stewart

Jonsson

Driver

Nade/Tullberg

Glen/Mole

Why Balogh ?

Maybury is 30!

Balogh

Nielson

Karipidis

Berra

Maybury

Stewart

Jonsson

Driver

Nade/Tullberg

Glen/Mole

Tell you what, that's a team. Few minor adjustments (IMO) and another striker and that's an 11 that should be good enough to beat every other team outside the OF.

The People's Chimp
Maybury is 30!

Balogh

Nielson

Karipidis

Berra

Maybury

Stewart

Jonsson

Driver

Nade/Tullberg

Glen/Mole

That's a good team.

That's why we'll never see it.

Charlie-Brown

Maybury would be a good short term signing to enable Wallace to be rested.

Robbie Neilson should never play in the Hearts first team again - he's had his day & Eggert Jonsson is becoming an excellent right back with some good youngsters available as cover.

heartsfc_fan

Why Balogh over Kello?

Kello has been good this season.

As for Maybury? Get him in on a contact till January then take it from there if ho does well :)

wheatfield to sheffield
Maybury won't be signing.

let's have some Chuckle Brothers fun.

to me.

Maybury will be signing.

to you.

Greedy_Jambo

Are you all mental? not even aberdeen would give maybury a game. And he's no signing!!! stop this right now.

The People's Chimp

Robbie Neilson should never play in the Hearts first team again - he's had his day & Eggert Jonsson is becoming an excellent right back with some good youngsters available as cover.

Utter tripe. We will be a whole let better when neilson is back. JOnsson is not an RB and should be played in midfield.

However I'm sure it suits your agenda to tout him as an RB and therefore allow for the continued (mis)selection of a centre back in midfield.

Greedy_Jambo
Utter tripe. We will be a whole let better when neilson is back. JOnsson is not an RB and should be played in midfield.

However I'm sure it suits your agenda to tout him as an RB and therefore allow for the continued (mis)selection of a centre back in midfield.

Thats it. I defo aint getting a season ticket now. you've made my mind up.

If neilson is better than what we're playing the now then we're in a sorry state of affairs.

utter nonsense come back Robbie we need you badly!!!

The People's Chimp

Thats it. I defo aint getting a season ticket now. you've made my mind up.

You may laugh, but experience and commitment have been a****st the most glaring ommisions on the tynecastle pitch of late.

[edit: is the word a m o n g s t really filtered out by the powers that be? incredible.]

Charlie-Brown

Eggert Jonsson is becoming a very good right back and far better than that huddy Neilson - this has been Csaba's best decision so far & Eggert has played well in his new role although his sending off was reckless last week.

Csaba has explained Karipidis role & his reasoning several times to fans who have asked about this - we played with Jonnson, Stewart & Palazeulos in midfield in loadsa games last season and the midfield & team wasn't any better - they are too similar types of players and it wasn't effective.

Stewart & Karipidis was an effective midfield at the beginning of the season when the team tried to play a passing game but I agree it's not effective when the defenders & goalie are just booting long balls over their heads and by-passing the midfield.

I don't think Csaba rates Ruben above the other players - he didn't get on again yesterday and I think Aguiar will jump ahead of him.

Why Balogh ?

I think he's better than Kello.... and after seeing Kello yesterday i'm willing to give him a few games!

Kello's positionong for the free kick was awful... he's slow, can't kick all of a sudden and I doubt he's Csaba's first choice anyway!

My revised team (with backups):

Balogh/Kello

Nielson/Thomson

Karipidis/Zaliukas

Berra/Rapnick

Maybury/Wallace

Miko/Kingston

Stewart/Ruben

Jonsson/Agiuar

Driver/Chesney

Nade/Tullberg

Glen/Mole

What factually makes you say that?

The only real test he has had we let in 3 and he got sent off.

Eggert Jonsson is becoming a very good right back and far better than that huddy Neilson - this has been Csaba's best decision so far & Eggert has played well in his new role although his sending off was reckless last week.

Csaba has explained Karipidis role & his reasoning several times to fans who have asked about this - we played with Jonnson, Stewart & Palazeulos in midfield in loadsa games last season and the midfield & team wasn't any better - they are too similar types of players and it wasn't effective.

Stewart & Karipidis was an effective midfield at the beginning of the season when the team tried to play a passing game but I agree it's not effective when the defenders & goalie are just booting long balls over their heads and by-passing the midfield.

I don't think Csaba rates Ruben above the other players - he didn't get on again yesterday and I think Aguiar will jump ahead of him.

Eggert is not a natural RB and it is only his talent and youth that is carrying him through games, plus we (the fans) are forgiving his mistakes as we know he is being played out of position! The longer he's there... the worse it'll get.

Robbie back in the team is badly needed... for his experience if nothing else! WE NEED VOICES ON THE PITCH!

Maybury is 30!

Balogh

Nielson

Karipidis

Berra

Maybury

Stewart

Jonsson

Driver

Nade/Tullberg

Glen/Mole

Don't think we will ever get away with playing 14 players. The refs aren't that bad that they wouldn't notice. Would they !!!! :)

Charlie-Brown
What factually makes you say that?

The only real test he has had we let in 3 and he got sent off.

Without having stats about tackles & headers won, passes completed etc then I can't factually claim anything however from what I have seen Eggert Jonsson will become a far better player at right back than Robbie Neilson is or ever has been - this is my opinion.

I also think Johnny Brown and young Craig Thomson are excellent prospects for that position as well.

Neilson is a very limited player in my opinion and I've been posting that for years - also having watched him since he was a 16 year old in the reserves & youth teams I'm also fed up watching him - this is not news.

:)

siegementality

You must love embarrassing yourself by writing utter tripe. You really know hee haw about football.

Without having stats about tackles & headers won, passes completed etc then I can't factually claim anything however from what I have seen Eggert Jonsson will become a far better player at right back than Robbie Neilson is or ever has been - this is my opinion.

I also think Johnny Brown and young Craig Thomson are excellent prospects for that position as well.

Neilson is a very limited player in my opinion and I've been posting that for years - also having watched him since he was a 16 year old in the reserves & youth teams I'm also fed up watching him - this is not news.

But pretending Jonsson is on his way to becoming an excellent right back is taking your bias against Neilson too far. Against D Utd a proper astute manager targeted Jonsson. Look what happened

Presumably you think Karipidis is on his way to proving himself an excellent defensive midfielder also?

I am not sure I have seen Hearts have such a gash defensive unit consistently chosen together in my time as a fan.

Not much of our defence is in good order, and our midfielder in right back is part of it, as is our defender in midfield

Charlie-Brown
But pretending Jonsson is on his way to becoming an excellent right back is taking your bias against Neilson too far.

Presumably you think Karipidis is on his way to proving himself an excellent defensive midfielder also?

I am not sure I have seen Hearts have such a gash defensive unit consistently chosen together in my time as a fan.

Not much of our defence is in good order, and our midfielder in right back is part of it, as is our defender in midfield

I'm not pretending about Jonsson - I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking he's done very well at right back in the games he's played there - Gigalo-Aunt & Jambo-Robbo also seem to share that opinion from what I've read on here & my pal MagicTs also thinks Eggert is a good prospect at right back.

I don't think we've lost many or possibly any goals this season that were a direct result of a failure or mistake at right back - plenty from the left back area as well as conceding from set-pieces & counter attacks.

Would like to see Maybury back playing, always gave his best and played for the jersey, he could pass on a lot to some of the dead beats and wage thiefs we have at the moment. I also dont think it would be a bad shout to give him the captains band. Not because i think Badly of Berra but Maybury has more experience and knows what the club is about as well. Since were posting our preferred teams heres on id like to see, I pretty much agree with the Original team someone put out just a couple of changes I would make though

Kello

Nielson

Karipidis

Berra

Maybury

Stewart

Aguiar/Johnsson

Driver

Obua

Tullberg/Nade

Dr. Bapswent

OK, Maybury was wathcing the game yesterday.

Ok, he is being allowed to train with us.

But thats not an excuse to make stuff up about him signing.

Csaba will never of heard of him, so to say he wants to sign him is most probably nonsense.

Surely people are not that bored that they need to make up such posts based on faces seen in the stand...its really tiresome.

OK, Maybury was wathcing the game yesterday.

Ok, he is being allowed to train with us.

But thats not an excuse to make stuff up about him signing.

Csaba will never of heard of him, so to say he wants to sign him is most probably nonsense.

Surely people are not that bored that they need to make up such posts based on faces seen in the stand...its really tiresome.

He's been training for a wee bit now, maybe Csaba likes what he's seen...

Dr. Bapswent
He's been training for a wee bit now, maybe Csaba likes what he's seen...

Maybe, that would be good.

In truth, I said to my old man yesterday, i'd be happy if Maybury signed.

But I get the feeling this thread and many others before it, come on basis of someone who is bored stating something just because they saw someone in the stand - not on real proof.

Of course, I cant prove that either. Its just a feeling.

At the end of the day though, id happily take Maybury.

Maybe, that would be good.

In truth, I said to my old man yesterday, i'd be happy if Maybury signed.

But I get the feeling this thread and many others before it, come on basis of someone who is bored stating something just because they saw someone in the stand - not on real proof.

Of course, I cant prove that either. Its just a feeling.

At the end of the day though, id happily take Maybury.

Need to wait and see then.

Might be true, might not.

Salvatore's Tash

This season's stats.

Thomson - played 4, won 2, lost 2.

Eggert - played 5 won 2, lost 3. Sent off 1.

Don't know where people get the Eggert is a great RB from. He has done okay. Equal to Thomson. Eggert foul throws though - something that shouldn't happen in top flight football.

I'd have thought if Maybury has been training with us then obviously Csaba will have seen him training and in bounce games between the players. He made a decision on Tullberg after a breif appearance as a trialist was then injured and that was that, he still signed him though.

This season's stats.

Don't know where people get the Eggert is a great RB from. He has done okay. Equal to Thomson. Eggert foul throws though - something that shouldn't happen in top flight football.

If you boil it down to wins/losses etc, yes.

But on sheer ability to play the game in that position, Eggert is streets ahead IMO. Better in almost every discipline of the RB position.

Salvatore's Tash

I think Thomson gets a lot of stick because he looks relaxed. It seems its just the way he plays. He hasnt made any substantial errors of any kind. Eggert is more at you. Runs more, looks like he has more purpose. But for me a great Defensive midfielder because of his running. Put him back there against Hibs and lets get at them in the middle of the park.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I'd be delighted.

Maybury is hard as nails.

Would teach the 10 saps (not including Mikey Stewart) we see week in week out a thing or two.

I'd be delighted.

Maybury is hard as nails.

Would teach the 10 saps (not including Mikey Stewart) we see week in week out a thing or two.

The opposition L/RW knew Maybury was there, first tackle of the game.

Made them wary.

He'd own Rearend. Again.

Captain Canada
Are you all mental? not even aberdeen would give maybury a game. And he's no signing!!! stop this right now.

Not having a go at all, just curious. You seem to be certain Maybury isn't signing and wondered if it's based on some knowledge you have or just that you don't want him to sign?

This season's stats.

I'd rather have Eggert than Thomson.

Eggert and Robbie competing for the position and release Thomson and use his salary to put towards new players in January who will imrpove the squad, not just add numbers.

I think he's better than Kello.... and after seeing Kello yesterday i'm willing to give him a few games!

Kello's positionong for the free kick was awful... he's slow, can't kick all of a sudden and I doubt he's Csaba's first choice anyway!

My revised team (with backups):

Balogh/Kello

Nielson/Thomson

Karipidis/Zaliukas

Berra/Rapnick

Maybury/Wallace

Miko/Kingston

Stewart/Ruben

Jonsson/Agiuar

Driver/Chesney

Nade/Tullberg

Glen/Mole

based on what?

The reason Maybury signed for Aberdeen is because Hearts didn't offer him a contract when he trained with us before. He was bitterly disapointed we never offered him one, i'm sure he was quoted as saying he wanted to come back to Hearts, he loves our club and there should be no messing about, get him in now! It'll be a major boost before we head down Easter Road way.

The White Cockade

No idea if he is signing or not

but if he did he cannot possibly be worse than what we have at the moment

Goncalves last season and Wallace this

No wonder we are struggling....

Archived