Meeting this week between Gary McKay and Csaba

CJGJ

re Gary Glen and his non selection so far.

As his agent he has asked Gary M chat to the club and manager about his omission fromm the squad this season -- results could be interesting.

The People's Chimp
Can he also tell Csaba to pick the team properly?

That would help.

Although I think we'd find him well out of a job if he did so.

It is strange that he has been given no playing time in the first team this season, expecially when the club is putting a lot of emphisis on youth.

Can he also tell Csaba to pick the team properly?

Peanut -- I'd ask him that and many other questions if I could.

4-4-2

Medical staff

Defence

Holding Midfield Player ----- those are just a few I wish I could ask.

PS I'd also ask to hold the team talk before Easter Road so I could see if the shirkers have turned up or whether we have a team who would in a football sense 'give 110%' for the club in that game. (as they should in all games of course)

Ryan Gosling

It's bizarre. Husband, McGowan and Glen - all regulars in the matchday squads last season - were given 5 year deals and haven't been involved since.

The other strange this is am I right in thinking Glen hasnt been involved in the reserves either? (well not that much)

It's bizarre. Husband, McGowan and Glen - all regulars in the matchday squads last season - were given 5 year deals and haven't been involved since.

That's probably the point, they're tied down so plenty of time to get them playing. Now it's more important to offload the shorter term deals, therefore its match time for them with the youth left to the side until the short termers are sold.

The old stock rotation policy :)

re Gary Glen and his non selection so far.

As his agent he has asked Gary M chat to the club and manager about his omission fromm the squad this season -- results could be interesting.

So Glen wants out because he is not playing for the 1st team.

Copil and Branny situation again.

Ryan Gosling
The other strange this is am I right in thinking Glen hasnt been involved in the reserves either? (well not that much)

He scored 2 weeks ago I think.

Ryan Gosling
So Glen wants out because he is not playing for the 1st team.

Copil and Branny situation again.

I think it's slightly different. Unlike those two, Glen has proven his quality and got a new 5 year deal because of it.

I'd be asking questions if Ksanapish, Makela and Moal were playing ahead of me.

I really dont know what Glen expects to do my getting his agent involved

If there is one thing which really grinds vlad is the involvement and force by agents

I dont think glen will do anything other than make himself persona non grata

At the end of the day there is only 1 reason they will claim for non selection and that is he isnt good enough/ready

Everyone with a brain knows that is true but only action not talk will resolve it

I personally am shocked and its not the first time where youths have got into squads etc then not been seen again for a long time, the same happened with eggert for about half of last season

Quite happy Glen is doing this. Certainly better than bumping your gums in the press ala McDonald and Ruben.

"MY VLAD HELL" My story, only in the Daily Record.

I think it's slightly different. Unlike those two, Glen has proven his quality and got a new 5 year deal because of it.

I'd be asking questions if Ksanapish, Makela and Moal were playing ahead of me.

18 year olds telling Hearts they should be playing.

I don't see how that is right.

portobellojambo1
Can i be the first to ask....?

Source....?:P

I was thinking the same, having spoken to people very close to him. They indicated that the manager has informed Gary his chance will come, and that he should not get down about being left out and Gary was perfectly happy with that.

Dr Ian Malcolm

I don't really see what Glen has to complain about tbh - he was given a chance at the end of last season when we a) had nothing to play for and B) had virtually no other strikers fit/not on loan. He scored a couple of goals and got sent off - did okay, but hardly exploded on to the scene.

He's still only 18 and has Nade, Tullberg and Makela ahead of him (Mole as well, although I'd say they're about the same level as each other). Expecting to be heavily involved in the first team based on the tail end of last season is a bit premature on Glen's/McKay's part.

18 year olds telling Hearts they should be playing.

I don't see how that is right.

If it wasnt that we finished in the bottom 6 last year glen would still be waiting for a chance. ok he came on towards the end of last season scored acouple of goals, but lets not get carried away he is 18, and although he should probably be making the bench he still has plenty of time to progress

Csaba does not rate Glen!

Reason why he's not playing

Fact!

Well if thats his opinion, and he picks Mole, 29 and Karapidid in midfield then he is as useless as Rix!

I'm a bit worried at why players like McDonald, Ruben and now Glen don't appear to be able to just go and speak to Csaba when they have issues.

Saying that if Glen feels there is a problem it's better he gets Mckay to speak to him and sort it rather than go to the press, quite a sensible approach - it doesn't necessarily mean he saying I want out if you don't play me - he maybe just wants a more experienced person helping him out.

Glen was out from the squad Saturday because he had the flu, no meddling with regards to him this week.

If it wasnt that we finished in the bottom 6 last year glen would still be waiting for a chance. ok he came on towards the end of last season scored acouple of goals, but lets not get carried away he is 18, and although he should probably be making the bench he still has plenty of time to progress

sorry-don't buy that -at 18 they've probably been involved at a full time club about 3 or 4 years (often much more) ..........and know what's expected - if they're good enough they're old enough! There are dozens, nay, hundreds of youngsters who have been good enough at 17 or 18 - pele, rooney, fabregas, messi, lennon(sp),woolcott etc. etc. ( youngsters do, however, need rested frequently just as Wallace DESPERATELY needs rested now!!) Mole for me (at 3 clubs) has proved he ISN'T good enough so get him OUT and try Glen, Brown,Templeton,Rapnik and any other promising youngster because frankly what we have turning out for us right now are NOT up to the mark!

I spoke to a few Hearts Legends at length today and they are disgusted with our performances and commitment, as I am! Let's get guys in who have real desire and passion for OUR club to show the same commitment we do as fans!

Another thread poo-pooed Maybury signing but I'll say this - he may not have been the best player for us but he gave his all and as I said to my mate at the match yeterday, Robbie has never been a favourite of mine but I'd have him back NOW - as he's better than any other fullback we currently have (in OR out of position!)

COME ON CSABA DAE SOMETHING DON'T JUST BUMP YER GUMS!

gerrintaethehubz!

Our current strikers are hopeless. Glen has every right to ask why he is not playing. He looks the only genuine goal scorer we have. Csaba needs to change things up front or end up in a relegation battle.

I thought Gary Glen has been floored with the Flu this week and has had a few niggling injuries over the last month or so? I could be wrong though. I'm just going on what I read.

The manager has already said he will not risk any player by rushing them back too soon.

Guest JamboRobbo
Csaba thinks glen is to young and glen isnt happy about it!!!

^^^^that is fact

Well someone should tell Csaba that Mole is too ****e and the supporters ain't too happy about it.

Well someone should tell Csaba that Mole is too ****e and the supporters ain't too happy about it.

Mole has bust a gut for us this season. He has not really been an effective player but you cannot fault his effort.

As for Ksnavicius though - he is the one who Glen should be disappointed about being ranked behind. Total joker.

Ryan Gosling
Mole has bust a gut for us this season. He has not really been an effective player but you cannot fault his effort.

As for Ksnavicius though - he is the one who Glen should be disappointed about being ranked behind. Total joker.

Don't forget Makela.

Charlie-Brown

John Robertson wanted into the team for about a year before he finally got a regular starting place but MacDonald kept him back until he could no longer possibly keep him out - Glen is an outstanding prospect but he should trust the manager, he'll play soon enough.

Guest JamboRobbo

I don't fault his effort. I was making the point, if Csaba is saying Glen can't play as he's too young, then someone should point out to Csaba that no matter how young or old Glen may be, he's still not as ****e as Jamie Mole!

John Robertson wanted into the team for about a year before he finally got a regular starting place but MacDonald kept him back until he could no longer possibly keep him out - Glen is an outstanding prospect but he should trust the manager, he'll play soon enough.

I think to compare Laszlo to Alex MacDonald is laughable. And as for trusting the manager :eek:

I would love to know why our best young player has not been given a chance :(

Glen is a promising youngster who may or may not be ready but if you look through the official wesite, none of Hearts players (except Makela,once) have ever scored even ten goals in a season, a statistic which should mean him getting a chance at the top level.

Charlie-Brown
I think to compare Laszlo to Alex MacDonald is laughable. And as for trusting the manager :eek:

Then you completely missed the point Coco as I was comparing John Robertson to Gary Glen - Robbo was an even better prospect than Glen is and he was frustrated that he couldn't get into the team ahead of the likes of Pettigrew & O'Connor, Gerry McCoy and for a short while his own big brother Chris.

Regardless of what you think of Csaba I think he knows enough to know when Glen is best prepared and ready and when he's not.

Then you completely missed the point Coco as I was comparing John Robertson to Gary Glen - Robbo was an even better prospect than Glen is and he was frustrated that he couldn't get into the team ahead of the likes of Pettigrew & O'Connor, Gerry McCoy and for a short while his own big brother Chris.

Regardless of what you think of Csaba I think he knows enough to know when Glen is best prepared and ready and when he's not.

Nope didn't miss the point.

Alex McDonald proved that he was able to manage the careers of young players and the long careers in football - and management careers of several - are testament to that. Laszlo has been a failure in football management and if as you appear to think he has been responsible for the teams put out this season he does not have any idea of who a good football player is or whether they are ready or not. If he has been in charge this season then he has chosen Ksnavicius rather than Glen. Says it all about him really.

Charlie-Brown
Nope didn't miss the point.

Alex McDonald proved that he was able to manage the careers of young players and the long careers in football - and management careers of several - are testament to that. Laszlo has been a failure in football management and if as you appear to think he has been responsible for the teams put out this season he does not have any idea of who a good football player is or whether they are ready or not. If he has been in charge this season then he has chosen Ksnavicius rather than Glen. Says it all about him really.

Alex MacDonald was picking McCoy and Pettigrew ahead of Robbo for about a year despite the fans who'd seen Robbo clamouring for him to be played even though we were struggling to score and Pettigrew especially was honking a lot of the time. Gerry McCoy disappeared after leaving Hearts.

Csaba played Glen in pre-season games including at Dunfermline that I saw where Glen struggled in that game and Mole was much more effective when he came on.

His atitude is almost Boyd like.

Guest jambomickey
His atitude is almost Boyd like.

you're having a laugh! the young lad wasa told he was playing at falkirk and then he was told he wasn't, our strikers don't score very many goals and gary glen will score goals

you're having a laugh! the young lad wasa told he was playing at falkirk and then he was told he wasn't, our strikers don't score very many goals and gary glen will score goals

Csaba was angry with the young lad's atitude, think he said it was disgraceful.

Plenty on here backed Glen(player) instead of Csaba(manager) and now they back Burley(manager) instead of Boyd(player).

In your opinion. Are they hypocrites or sheet stirrers?

Guest jambomickey
Csaba was angry with the young lad's atitude, think he said it was disgraceful.

Plenty on here backed Glen(player) instead of Csaba(manager) and now they back Burley(manager) instead of Boyd(player).

In your opinion. Are they hypocrites or sheet stirrers?

if it's down to attitude then off course you've got to back the manager but i was at riccarton the day before the falkirk game and gary glen was in only to arrive at falkirk the next day to be told he was in the stand, if that's true that's bad management

If Glen is desperate to play he surely deserves one start for that reason alone given the amount of wage thieves getting a regular start at present. If this story is true, well done to the lad, I admire his eagerness and ambition, despite his young age.

Like many are saying, if his attitude is all wrong he doesn`t have a leg to stand on but all the same you have to be patient as a player, especially as a young one.

What worries me is that Hearts unique selection process is alienating good players and denting their confidence and their chance to improve Hearts as a team.

I would think if his attitudes wrong then he's in the right hands...

Step forward Gary McKay and sort the laddies head out.

Any way did any one ever prove GM was meeting CL? nope?

Like many are saying, if his attitude is all wrong he doesn`t have a leg to stand on but all the same you have to be patient as a player, especially as a young one.

What worries me is that Hearts unique selection process is alienating good players and denting their confidence and their chance to improve Hearts as a team.

Perhaps the prospect of the fans' own unique brand of 'supporting' our younger strikers also features in Csaba's decision making process? I know it would certainly feature in mine at the moment.

Glen would do well to get on with his job and show Csaba the reasons why he can't be left out of contention for a place in the first team squad. He's younger and therefore more vulnerable, and he needs to be able to withstand the pressures that come with being a Hearts striker at a time when we're clamouring for someone to come along and score goals for us. Only a fool would leave someone out who was clearly ready and I don't believe that Csaba is any fool.

It's just as much about Nade and Tullberg, imho. If they sort themselves out, get match fit and start scoring occasionally...people won't be half as adamant that they want to see Glen in the squad. We're struggling goals wise, I understand why some want to see him given a chance...but equally, I think I understand why he's not being given to him right now.

Charlie-Brown

Glen should get stuck in about a couple of games in the reserves & U19's in the next week or two - play really well, bang in a few goals and force his way into the managers thoughts - if he's doing the business on the pitch then i don't think Csaba would bear any grudges against him but Glen has to start showing he's worthy of a game THIS season and getting it right in matches, on the pitch and in training is the best way to do that.

Archived