Acceptance and defending the undefendable

bighalders

In recent times we've seen the demise of our squad. We've seen players sent back to Lithuania only to be returned to Tynie. we've seen a head coach sacked only to be returned to Tynie a few months later. we've seen a football director in place masterminding our performances to be about 8th in the league last year and possibly this year. We've seen wages not paid to staff which hasn't happened at any other premier league club for a very long time unless they went bust or administration. We've seen the usual conveyor belt of garbage arrive from Lithuania.

As Hearts fans not only do we accept all of the above we turn on those who condemn what has happened, why?

Surely we should be doing something to let our owner know this is not acceptable (I'm assuming it is not acceptable). The wrost thing that can happen is the crowds just drift away. Lets do soemthing positive, ideas?

Francis Albert

Spend ?50 or so on a few thousand cheap leaflets ( a bit like those handed out yesterday in a better cause) proposing a boycott of a future game? For all the thousands of "why don't we do something" posts on here over the last couple of years NO-ONE has had the gumption to make even this small effort. Why not? It can't be because of fears about what sort of reception you'd get, surely.

Father Tiresias
In recent times we've seen the demise of our squad. We've seen players sent back to Lithuania only to be returned to Tynie. we've seen a head coach sacked only to be returned to Tynie a few months later. we've seen a football director in place masterminding our performances to be about 8th in the league last year and possibly this year. We've seen wages not paid to staff which hasn't happened at any other premier league club for a very long time unless they went bust or administration. We've seen the usual conveyor belt of garbage arrive from Lithuania.

As Hearts fans not only do we accept all of the above we turn on those who condemn what has happened, why?

Yes and people who are totally hacked off with what's going on get pelters for either not re-newing season tickets or refusing to go to games, even accusing fellow Jambo's of being Hobo's just because they disagree! Piece if nonsense! I'll go back when i feel i'm getting value for money and entertained, no matter what anyone says on here.

We're all different and react in different ways.

Just how obsessed do we become?

Trying to predict Vlads next move or what the next 'crisis' will be?

What will be, will be.

We aint gonna change anything.

On the other hand, if there was a rich investor waiting in the wings then that would be worth considering.

Until then it's either go to games or don't go.

Each tae their ain.

Surely we should be doing something to let our owner know this is not acceptable (I'm assuming it is not acceptable). The wrost thing that can happen is the crowds just drift away. Lets do soemthing positive, ideas?

It beats me why we as a support have no balls, we meekly accept our fate, no one surely can think Romanov will change his ways, it just aint going to happen. Rangers fans at the start of the season were up in arms at the lack of quality in their squad, discussing boycotts and turning up with banners saying they deserved better!

No I dont have a masterplan but I detect a growing swell of opinion that despite all the talk there will be no improvement under romanov, I cant be the only other unhappy supporter..........

GlynnSnodin4-2

Whilst the opposition/demonstration may not be obvious I think the fact that there were only 13,000 at the game yesterday shows that many people are demonstrating their dissatisfaction by not giving Romanov any more money.

Given they were talking about having thousands on a ST waiting list 2 seasons ago that is a very clear message.

However I remember the seemingly weekly demonstrations outside the ground in the Mercer era for a lot less than the quagmire we find ourselves in now.

Guest jambomickey

we have got to do something that's for sure! the romanov defenders are in the minority now and more of them even are turning

we have got to do something that's for sure! the romanov defenders are in the minority now and more of them even are turning

But yet 9000 or so people STILL bought season tickets,non renewal would have sounded out to the mad one that we will not be treated as second nay third or fourth class to his unbelievable ways.

We were and might still be the one constant in the history of Heart or Midlothian FC.

Vlad do us all a favour , sell up and GTF.

Guest jambomickey
But yet 9000 or so people STILL bought season tickets,non renewal would have sounded out to the mad one that we will not be treated as second nay third or fourth class to his unbelievable ways.

We were and might still be the one constant in the history of Heart or Midlothian FC.

i bought a season ticket mate and always will do! but i support hearts fc and not romanov or his ways and want him removed asap

List the buyers.

i bought a season ticket mate and always will do! but i support hearts fc and not romanov or his ways and want him removed asap

You can still support Hearts without buying a ST,my old man and his mates done it for years,infact my old man never bought a ST in all his years of watching Hearts(although we did get 2 comp STs when my sister worked at Hearts)but he is no more or less a Jambo than you or I.

List the buyers.

Nah can't be arsed telling you anything,anyway your such a huge Hearts fan,you should know them.

Guest jambomickey
You can still support Hearts without buying a ST,my old man and his mates done it for years,infact my old man never bought a ST in all his years of watching Hearts(although we did get 2 comp STs when my sister worked at Hearts)but he is no more or less a Jambo than you or I.

listen mate i'm one of the guys who defend the ones who didn't renew and can totally understand why they didn't, me personally i'll always have a season ticket and will always keep my shares

Greedy_Jambo

I moved closer to Tynecastle just recently (Sighthill) and i was considering getting a season ticket this year but i decided against it. Why? Because in my eyes its barely a hearts team anymore and its that way because of one man. Mr Romanov.

Nah can't be arsed telling you anything,anyway your such a huge Hearts fan,you should know them.

You might not like it but it is the bottom line. There are no buyers.

Drylaw Hearts
You might not like it but it is the bottom line. There are no buyers.

Is that a fact or just an assumption ?

Charlie-Brown

There may well be people on the planet rich enough to invest in UK football however English football and Premiership or Championship clubs would probably be on their radar more than an SPL club.

Murray has been open to offers for Rangers for 2 or 3 years now but nobody has made an serious moves to buy them.

I don't think there are many / any Hearts minded business people with the will or finance to buy the club except as a very last resort - bankruptcy scenario etc.

Francis Albert
Whilst the opposition/demonstration may not be obvious I think the fact that there were only 13,000 at the game yesterday shows that many people are demonstrating their dissatisfaction by not giving Romanov any more money.

I don't think that really works as an anti-Romanov demonstration. It could be a normal reaction to poor performances and results. If anecdotal evidence counts, the only ST holder rear me who enthusiastically applauded VR on his last visit to Tynecastle seems to have failed to renew this season. So what does that tell us?

It is interesting that there hasn't been a single response to the OP's request for positive ideas to do something (except for my reasonable but slightly tongue in cheek boycott suggestion). I mean the ST holders who took the painful decision to relinquish their STs for the good of the club must have saved tens of thousands of pounds. Don't they care enough to do SOMETHING? The SoH campaign surely gives a few clues to the sort of things that can be tried.

So it was just an assumption on your behalf.

Like my assumption that we will not sign Ronaldo in the next transfer window.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
I don't think that really works as an anti-Romanov demonstration. It could be a normal reaction to poor performances and results. If anecdotal evidence counts, the only ST holder rear me who enthusiastically applauded VR on his last visit to Tynecastle seems to have failed to renew this season. So what does that tell us?

It is interesting that there hasn't been a single response to the OP's request for positive ideas to do something (except for my reasonable but slightly tongue in cheek boycott suggestion). I mean the ST holders who took the painful decision to relinquish their STs for the good of the club must have saved tens of thousands of pounds. Don't they care enough to do SOMETHING? The SoH campaign surely gives a few clues to the sort of things that can be tried.

Things seemed to be coming to a point just before the infamous Jan 1st statement and at least some were galvanising forms of "Protest".

Maybe fans want to give the Csaba era a chance, may be they just don't care, are just so apathetic, whatever.

However if we are at or near bottom of the table by Xmas, I think there will be talk of protest again.

Who knows.

Drylaw Hearts
Like my assumption that we will not sign Ronaldo in the next transfer window.

I think we all know the above is not possible however..........

we don't know that is no person/persons willing to buy Hearts.

Glamorgan Jambo

Murray has been open to offers for Rangers for 2 or 3 years now but nobody has made an serious moves to buy them.

Are you sure about that bit?

I'm glad Lord George has put his glass to the side for the moment and seems to be trying to find buyers. From what I hear there are a few out there, obviously waiting for the moment to buy the club for the lowest possible price, but they will move. It won't be fast enough for most fans but I think things will look very different in 12 months time.

Build it and they will come...maybe;)

There isnt one person on here that will take the bull by the horns and do anything...Its all talk!

Everyday we see the same posts on the Romanovs..but nothing is ever done!

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

I'm glad Lord George has put his glass to the side for the moment and seems to be trying to find buyers. From what I hear there are a few out there, obviously waiting for the moment to buy the club for the lowest possible price, but they will move. It won't be fast enough for most fans but I think things will look very different in 12 months time.

Please let this be true.

With the way things are right now, Vlad may be forced to sell Hearts at a knockdown price to keep his UBIG masters happy.

Please, if there is anyone out there, see the potential we have at Heart of Midlothian, the huge fan base. The ONLY club capable of splitting the Old Firm.

BUT ONLY IF PROPERLY LED.

I think we all know the above is not possible however..........

we don't know that is no person/persons willing to buy Hearts.

He doesn't know him self,IMO he's hoping that there are no buyer's,how could he live without his beloved Vladimir Romanov,the shot stained picture on his wall would have to be removed,more than likely with a hammer gun.

Charlie-Brown

No I'm not sure about that and maybe people have had private discussions about it but as far anything being reported there has been nobody serious about buying Rangers.

Is your second paragraph based on anything you know for certain or just the same chinese whispers everybody else repeats?

Drylaw Hearts

I really hope you're right GJ.

Pants Shaton

Two of Kickback's top three 'defenders of the indefensible' right on cue. Has anyone put the call out to number 3?

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Two of Kickback's top three 'defenders of the indefensible' right on cue. Has anyone put the call out to number 3?

Christ, are there as many as three?

Glamorgan Jambo
No I'm not sure about that and maybe people have had private discussions about it but as far anything being reported there has been nobody serious about buying Rangers.

Is your second paragraph based on anything you know for certain or just the same chinese whispers everybody else repeats?

Regarding the Huns there was a report a month or so back that a deal was as good as done about a year ago except Lord Dodgy Dave pulled the plug at the last minute (officially as he thought they were wrong for rangers... more likely to do with him wanting more cash).

For HMFC I'm afraid I don''t know anything for certain but as with the Huns deal falling through it will be all down to price and if Vlad is forced into a sale by other pressures in UBIG then I am fairly sure someone will bite... and I'm pretty sure there are major, commodity related, issues at UBIG just now

Charlie-Brown
Regarding the Huns there was a report a month or so back that a deal was as good as done about a year ago except Lord Dodgy Dave pulled the plug at the last minute (officially as he thought they were wrong for rangers... more likely to do with him wanting more cash).

For HMFC I'm afraid I don''t know anything for certain but as with the Huns deal falling through it will be all down to price and if Vlad is forced into a sale by other pressures in UBIG then I am fairly sure someone will bite... and I'm pretty sure there are major, commodity related, issues at UBIG just now

I wasn't aware of that GJ got any links to the story or did they say who the buyers might have been?

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

If UBIG need to pull the plug on loss making divisions we will go.

But they might have to take a hit.

A condition may mean selling Tynecastle. But a new owner will have Murrayfield ready to move into.

I hope it never comes to losing Tynecastle. But this time we all have to be more realistic in our aspirations for Hearts.

A decent management of our club, the sacrifice of Tynecastle, worth paying.

HMFC will NEVER die.

Archived