Betfair dispute

Jambo Hud316

Jambo Hud316

I have a dispute re a bet I placed yesterday on betfair

My bet was ?5.00 at odds of 6.6 for the first goal between Blackburn and Man Utd to be scored between the 21-30 minute.

I watched the game LIVE on setanta and when the ball was in the net the official time on the clock was 29.57. But on checking my betfair account history this morning it has not put through as a winning bet.

Surely my bet takes me up to 30.00 of the official time, the match is repeated this morning on setanta at 10.00am and I will be recording the game to confirm what I've said is correct.

I have emailed betfair the above and await their reply, but just wondering if everyone else would assume they should have been paid out on this, I know BBC etc had the goal down as 31 mins but surely watching the game live and seeing the official time means betfair must pay out. Just wondering what everyones opinion on this would be if they were in my shoes. Would yo be expecting to be paid?

Will post the response I get from betfair.

My bet was ?5.00 at odds of 6.6 for the first goal between Blackburn and Man Utd to be scored between the 21-30 minute.

I watched the game LIVE on setanta and when the ball was in the net the official time on the clock was 29.57. But on checking my betfair account history this morning it has not put through as a winning bet.

Surely my bet takes me up to 30.00 of the official time, the match is repeated this morning on setanta at 10.00am and I will be recording the game to confirm what I've said is correct.

I have emailed betfair the above and await their reply, but just wondering if everyone else would assume they should have been paid out on this, I know BBC etc had the goal down as 31 mins but surely watching the game live and seeing the official time means betfair must pay out. Just wondering what everyones opinion on this would be if they were in my shoes. Would yo be expecting to be paid?

I would imagine the time recorded in the book by the referee is the one they will pay out on

The bbc etc are normally right with this stuff for bigger games like the EPL so I suspect your not going to be paid out

The official time for the first goal was 31 minutes so you won't get paid. Live TV clocks are not the decider for bets its the officials.

Jambo Hud316

They paid out :)

See below email, I don't agree with the 2 replys to my original post...how can you dispute what time the goal is scored when your watching the game live. As long as the clock started as soon as kick off took place I would always be able to argue my point. Anywho, they paid out so no point going on about it..heres the email they sent me..very quick response by them to be fair.

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Having looked into your query I can confirm that this market has now been resettled. Please accept my apologises for any inconvenience caused by this delay.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further enquiries.

Benny Factor

Most, if not all bookies use the Press Association when it comes to goalscorers, times etc. Normally, what they say goes.

Archived