George Foulkes

Dazo

I hear he is trying his hand at finding us a saviour again this time from Canada. Anyone heard similar or is this another in a long line of bull**** rumours ? :P

Buffalo Bill

I heard that a group of businessmen from Chad are lining up a big money bid.

They want Stuart Baxter to become manager.

Even if he's dead.

Buffalo Bill

I heard that a group of businessmen from Chad are lining up a big money bid.

They want Stuart Baxter to become manager.

Even if he's dead.

Buffalo Bill

Sounds more believable than my version. :)

There's been talk of an Icelandic consortium interested, never heard anything about Canadian people, if there are people interested in Hearts, get them in, Romanov is a total waste of space, the sooner he goes, the better. Any rich Arabs about!?

I hear he is trying his hand at finding us a saviour again this time from Canada. Anyone heard similar or is this another in a long line of bull**** rumours ? :P

Dazo - heard this also.

I am thinking aloud here but the I am wondering if a decison to delay approval of the stand is paramount to forcing VR out the door - probably not but there you go.

BangkokHearts
Any rich Arabs about!?

Plenty. None that are interested in Scottish Fitba though.

Seymour M Hersh
Dazo - heard this also.

I am thinking aloud here but the I am wondering if a decison to delay approval of the stand is paramount to forcing VR out the door - probably not but there you go.

Has that delay been confirmed yet?

Has that delay been confirmed yet?

Nope, it's not been mentioed by either the Council, or by Hearts.

With respect the the OP who first mentioned the alleged delay (he seems to be well informed generally) it is just yet another unconfirmed negative rumour regarding Hearts / Romanov.

Foulkes as much of a fan as he is, is a lot of mouth

I think that is a bit harsh

He was sitting along from me at tannadice. Looked to be hurting the same as the rest of us.

Also seen him going to the airdrie game. not many where at that.

Nope, it's not been mentioed by either the Council, or by Hearts.

With respect the the OP who first mentioned the alleged delay (he seems to be well informed generally) it is just yet another unconfirmed negative rumour regarding Hearts / Romanov.

True but I did get it from someone in the Planning at the Council.

I was not trying to be negative but just letting people know what I had heard. FWIW I find the request to delay a decision a bit strange myself but I suppose if outstanding info is not forthcoming from Hearts then that may be the reason.

I am pressing my mate to find out as much as he can in regards to this.

A decision was due in Dec/Jan so we find out soon enough.

Remnants of Standards

My mate said he met him in manchester before the Labour conference, where Foulkes assured him that an announcement would be made in a fortnight that the plans for the new stand had been approved. Perhaps he was at the whiskey again.....

My mate said he met him in manchester before the Labour conference, where Foulkes assured him that an announcement would be made in a fortnight that the plans for the new stand had been approved. Perhaps he was at the whiskey again.....

Foulkes certainly had been speaking to the Council in the last 14 days.

Also one of the guys involved in the planning application did say that it was a 1st class application and that he could not see how it would be turned down. My posts in the previous few months alluded to the fact that a favourable decison was likely so if this delay is true then I am baffled by it.

However it's not been turned down as such - I think the Council are fed up with Hearts with regards to lack of communication regarding 1 or 2 issues.

Are these Canadians money men, or a plumber from Liberton?

Gig the plumber could not afford to buy my laddies youth team never mind hearts. For what its worth I know nothing other than Foulkes has been in touch and they are interested. Impression given was they were waiting on things going tits up before making a move. :rolleyes:

Gig the plumber could not afford to buy my laddies youth team never mind hearts. For what its worth I know nothing other than Foulkes has been in touch and they are interested. Impression given was they were waiting on things going tits up before making a move. :rolleyes:

Cheers man.

As long as there is a plan B.

:)

Cheers man.

As long as there is a plan B.

:)

Don't thank me mate my rumours hold as much water as a perforated paper cup. :P

happy to post what i was told though and take the stick that comes with it. ;)

I was not trying to be negative but just letting people know what I had heard. FWIW I find the request to delay a decision a bit strange myself but I suppose if outstanding info is not forthcoming from Hearts then that may be the reason.

Appollgies PTBCAL, I wasn't trying to suggest that you were being negative, rather that the individual who supplied the original "story" might have been.

Sorry if it came over as if I was shooting the messenger !

The folk behind the Toronto Maple Leafs were rumoured to have been interested in taking over at Spurs - a few months ago but nought happened.

Maybe it's them!

They're a well supported but hugely underachieving bunch of losers. Maybe it could be them after all!

Foulkes certainly had been speaking to the Council in the last 14 days.

Also one of the guys involved in the planning application did say that it was a 1st class application and that he could not see how it would be turned down. My posts in the previous few months alluded to the fact that a favourable decison was likely so if this delay is true then I am baffled by it.

However it's not been turned down as such - I think the Council are fed up with Hearts with regards to lack of communication regarding 1 or 2 issues.

I have been trying to get my head round this since you first posted on an other thread.

If UBIG are in financial trouble surely they want the planning decision ASAP as it would add value to the HMFC portfolio, therefore if shet did hit the fan Tynecastle would be worth more money as an asset.

shaun.lawson

I've no doubt that Foulkes has business contacts across the world, and he'll be doing his utmost to get consortia interested. Until a serious buyer is found, though, it's all **** in the wind I'm afraid.

And I really, really wish he hadn't made that stupid "fifteen points out of fifteen" prediction prior to Tannadice. Does he think he's Stephen Frail, or something? :rolleyes:

Appollgies PTBCAL, I wasn't trying to suggest that you were being negative, rather that the individual who supplied the original "story" might have been.

Ryan Gosling

I'd love someone like Fergus McCann to come in. Announce his plans straight away.

Five-year plan similar to this:

McCann's wealth stemmed initially from a golf vacation company, based in Montreal and Phoenix, Arizona. He is best known for his involvement in Celtic F.C., the football club based in Glasgow, Scotland. He acquired a 51% controlling stake in the club in 1994, after it became clear that the club was facing bankruptcy. [1] Acting as a guarantor for the club's ?7 million debt, he injected additional finance and oversaw an extensive redevelopment of Celtic Park.

What some perceived as McCann's abrasive manner, coupled with his preoccupation with building a sustainable infrastructure for the club off the field rather than a title winning one on it, prompted sustained criticism during much of his tenure. [2][3] Although credited with rescuing the club from imminent bankruptcy, McCann stated at the outset that he would stay for only five years, with the objectives of placing the club on a firmer business footing and returning the league championship to Celtic Park. The latter goal was met, halting Old Firm rivals Rangers F.C. in their quest for a record-breaking ten consecutive league titles.

In 1999, McCann sold his shares, leaving Irish entrepreneur Dermot Desmond as the largest shareholder, with a 19.8% holding. McCann offered an interest-free payment plan to encourage individuals, rather than financial institutions, to purchase shares. The result was that small shareholders - principally supporters of the club - owned 63% of the stock at the time of McCann's departure.[4]

While McCann personally profited in a significant way from the sale of the bulk of his shareholding, he donated ?1.5 million from the proceeds to help the club fund a football academy.

Guest jambomickey
I'd love someone like Fergus McCann to come in. Announce his plans straight away.

at least he was upfront and honest with the celtic fans from day one and kept all his promises

shaun.lawson

Fergus McCann is living, breathing proof that Celtic fans are clueless muppets. He's only one of the most visionary people ever to get involved in football - booooooo, eh bhoys...

Fergus McCann is living, breathing proof that Celtic fans are clueless muppets. He's only one of the most visionary people ever to get involved in football - booooooo, eh bhoys...

Was he 'celtic-minded' though?

:rolleyes:

Cheers mate but I never took offence at your post - you made a valid point.

We need good news soon so it would be good if something positive came from the club regarding the development.

Anybody got Donald Trump's phone number?? Could call him and see if he's interested in building a Trump Tower in Gorgie!! If Aberdeen council diny want him we'll take his dosh!

Plenty. None that are interested in Scottish Fitba though.

Why not? This is what I often wonder about. If they can go for Man City then admit they only did it to promote Dubai, why can't we (or Aberdeen, Rangers or Celtic) get some Arabs on board. Surely it would be good publicity to bring on a Scottish club so much they started doing well in Europe. Would get the whole continent talking and be worth loads of publicity...

The SPL is the Matalan of European football. Good enough quality but a bit cheap. No shame in buying into it, surely?;)

maroonedinoz
There's been talk of an Icelandic consortium interested, never heard anything about Canadian people, if there are people interested in Hearts, get them in, Romanov is a total waste of space, the sooner he goes, the better. Any rich Arabs about!?

Given that the entire Icelandic banking system is rumoured to be in danger of utter collapser, I think we can discount this one.

However, I agree, we need to get Romanov to erm..gtf

We are a complete shambolic laughing stock under him.

Given that the entire Icelandic banking system is rumoured to be in danger of utter collapser, I think we can discount this one.

However, I agree, we need to get Romanov to erm..gtf

We are a complete shambolic laughing stock under him.

I could mention one or two posters who would beg to differ.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

well i just won 200 from the bookies so im thinkin about makin a concrete bid

Archived