Reality check

Randle P McMurphy

Randle P McMurphy

Why do we continue to overreact whenever we lose a game. Yes we were poor today but if Larry had put away his chance at 1-1 we might have squeaked a 2-1 win.

I know we have been mediocre this season but what did everyone expect? We have more or less the same squad as last season when we were truly appalling. Despite what most are saying there is a slight improvement on last season. Laszlo is 3 months in his job, a job that hasn't been done effectively for at least 2 years. He is changing things from top to bottom and I am sure if we are patient he will improve us as a club.

Guest jambomickey
Why do we continue to overreact whenever we lose a game. Yes we were poor today but if Larry had put away his chance at 1-1 we might have squeaked a 2-1 win.

I know we have been mediocre this season but what did everyone expect? We have more or less the same squad as last season when we were truly appalling. Despite what most are saying there is a slight improvement on last season. Laszlo is 3 months in his job, a job that hasn't been done effectively for at least 2 years. He is changing things from top to bottom and I am sure if we are patient he will improve us as a club.

i'd like to take some of those positive pills your on mate

What is Lazlo changing?

He is more extroverted in his press conferences. But he certainly isn't changing anything on the park. And his signings (early days of course) don't really look anything special.

Not so sure after today bud.Ive been willing to give him time.But 1 up wi 10 mins left when we need a goal to scrape a point.He is making it very hard to defend him.

Guest juvehearts

defo mate,

gimme some

those pills will cure my ills

Randle P McMurphy

My expectations for this season are pretty much more of what we have seen basically win one, lose one with the occasional draw thrown in. Yes I would like to see more fight/heart/pride being instilled but we are desperately lacking a leader on the pitch. Any manager needs time to build a team and knee jerk reactions 3 months into his reign are not the answer.

Not so sure after today bud.Ive been willing to give him time.But 1 up wi 10 mins left when we need a goal to scrape a point.He is making it very hard to defend him.

Yup. Can't see anything different now in his tactics and those of Frail's. Maybe that's him, maybe that's Romanov.

Agree with you here, mate. Good post.

Some of the overreactions on here and at the game were just ridiculous.

Dougie Vipond

For me, the jury is still out on Csaba. Especially since the improvement of the first few weeks is waning.

However, the bigger picture is more important. Why is the squad c*ap? Why is there no leader? Why are the supporters vompletely fed-up?

Our owner, unfortunately.

Today got me thinking along those lines as well.

maroonlegions

if a problem exists then you REMOVE THE PROBLEM;), it has not been REMOVED, hence the so called over reaction when we lose, the problem is we still have the SAME amount of dross from last season and no amount of our managers football spin will remove this thats why there were empty spaces and fams fecking off early, fix the problem or suffer the same dross from last season.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::cool:

The days of overreacting have long since past. The facts are that we are dire and basically the whole club are in a continuous coma.

maroonlegions
if a problem exists then you REMOVE THE PROBLEM;), it has not been REMOVED, hence the so called over reaction when we lose, the problem is we still have the SAME amount of dross from last season and no amount of our managers football spin will remove this thats why there were empty spaces and fams fecking off early, fix the problem or suffer the same dross from last season.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::cool:

fams :eek::rolleyes:, FANS that is.:rolleyes:

maroonlegions

Some of the overreactions on here and at the game were just ridiculous.:eek:

so is the over spill of dross from last season.:rolleyes:

Some of the overreactions on here and at the game were just ridiculous.:eek:

so is the over spill of dross from last season.:rolleyes:

IMO Csaba's doing a decent job with a squad full of dross.

At the start of the season I said if we finished 6 we'd have done well; I still maintain that.

Some fans are, quite unbelievably, still living off 05/06. These delusions of grandeur aren't doing anyone any favours.

It's time for a reality check indeed.

At the start of the season I said if we finished 6 we'd have done well; I still maintain that.

Some fans are, quite unbelievably, still living off 05/06. These delusions of grandeur aren't doing anyone any favours.

It is absolutely unbelievable that the club are still proclaiming that the ambition of the club is to become a Top European Club.

The honesty and reality checks should start from the top.

It is absolutely unbelievable that the club are still proclaiming that the ambition of the club is to become a Top European Club.

The honesty and reality checks should start from the top.

I don't really recall these noises coming from the club recently (I don't really take any notice of what the club releases).

I agree with the second part of your post Coco, but we all know that isn't going to happen.

Randle P McMurphy
The days of overreacting have long since past. The facts are that we are dire and basically the whole club are in a continuous coma.

Its expectation levels that have never quite levelled out since Burley left. Yes we could maybe have won the league that season but that was a rare blip on 50 years of 'Heartsness'. We just need to realise the idea that we can compete with the old firm was complete pie in the sky from Vlad without him putting the financial backing and an independent management team in place. We are now back to where we have been as long as I remember watching Hearts, which is some seasons decent where we maybe even look like contending for the league before falling away, some crap where we flirt with relegation before drawing away (not always unfortunately) and an ocassional cup run and indeed win thrown in. We will be the third best team in the league some seasons and some we wont. This season is one for consolidating and building a team, not necessarily our 11 best players but a unit that works effectively as in the 85/86 team.

05/6 ?? Give us the respect of having a little savy here. We're not talking of reliving the Conn, Bauld & Wardhaugh days of the 50's. The reality check is this: We've had good days and bad days since the halcion days of the 50's but probably the best chance we had of reliving these days came only three years ago but for reasons well documented it all went spherical objects pointing skyward, it seems our ambitions now are finishing top 6 !!

Sorry, if a business had fallen so far in such a short period of time serious questions would be getting asked of the people responsible, it's not happening here.

For what it's worth my own view is we're no better than last year and botttom 6 beckons again, it's not want most people want to hear, but I'm trying to be honest :(

Archived