Haymarket Memorial ... Thank you ... one and all!!!

piltonjambo

I would just like to thank everyone who took part in the events concerning the Hearts Memorial today ... whether distributing leaflets or making announcements at today's game ... please accept our congratulations ...

Guest jambomickey
I would just like to thank everyone who took part in the events concerning the Hearts Memorial today ... whether distributing leaflets or making announcements at today's game ... please accept our congratulations ...

seen quite a few of the guys and girls handing out the leaflets today and got to say they were doing a fantastic job for a great cause! well done the lot of you:)

Yes, it was an absolutely fantastic effort for an amazing cause.

If Edinburgh Council think they can just shunt it away from its home permanently, to make way for an absolute farce of a tram system, then they can GTF.

best in the land

bttt one of the few things we've got left to be proud of.

would think all jambos would want to sign this.

HEAR HEAR

WorldChampions1902

I should like to echo your sentiments. Well done to those involved!

Your endeavours will hopefully help preserve our proud history and that of all clubs including Hibernian FC whose sacrifice is remembered by the Haymarket memorial.

:fing10::fing10::fing10::fing10::fing10::fing10:

Yup, good effort.

I'm guessing the petition that went round the Diggers was linked to the one online.

I asked the boy with it and he said yes, but wasnt the most convincing.

Well done to all of you.

Unfortuntley signing a petition is the best I can do at the moment so I am really thankful there are other jambos willing to put the leg work in to such a worth cause.

It did go down well.

I would like to thank Councillor Cardownie for personally GUARANTEEING that the memorial would go back to Haymarket. Thanks Mr Cardownie, now get the rest of your colleagues on message. ;)

Second last thank you goes to the Kilmarnock fans, they all took leaflets and I got some great feedback.

I would also like to add a special mention for Scott Wilson and his words at half time. Thanks Scott.

It did go down well.

I would like to thank Councillor Cardownie for personally GUARANTEEING that the memorial would go back to Haymarket. Thanks Mr Cardownie, now get the rest of your colleagues on message. ;)

Second last thank you goes to the Kilmarnock fans, they all took leaflets and I got some great feedback.

I would also like to add a special mention for Scott Wilson and his words at half time. Thanks Scott.

I'd echo my thanks to the Killie fans too. You'd expect all Hearts people to be interested in ,and care about, The Heart of Midlothian War Memorial, so thanks to them is a given, however I spoke with many Killie fans and not one of them refused a leaflet, many of them asked for more information about the Memorial and many said that they would tell the other Killie fans to support the petition. So a huge thanks for me also for the Killie fans.

As an aside I even had a hibbie come up to me and say how much he disagreed with any suggestion to relocate the Memorial away from Haymarket, he said how much he admired Hearts fans for doing something about it. He took a leaflet and pledged to sign the petition.

In light of the conflicting comments from Elected Members, (most recently Lib Dem councilor Phil Wheeler is reported to have said that 'a decision has still to be taken as to where the Monument will be relocated') the Hearts Family simply must keep the issue high in the public domain. We all have a role to play, no matter how old or young you are. For example, I’d suggest that Hearts fans must start to, or continue to, put pressure on your Elected councilors to make sure they know exactly where you stand on the issue, and what your opinion will be of them should they allow the Memorial to be moved away from Haymarket.

A bigger than normal attendance at his years service would go down well also...

I'd echo my thanks to the Killie fans too. You'd expect all Hearts people to be interested in ,and care about, The Heart of Midlothian War Memorial, so thanks to them is a given, however I spoke with many Killie fans and not one of them refused a leaflet, many of them asked for more information about the Memorial and many said that they would tell the other Killie fans to support the petition. So a huge thanks for me also for the Killie fans.

As an aside I even had a hibbie come up to me and say how much he disagreed with any suggestion to relocate the Memorial away from Haymarket, he said how much he admired Hearts fans for doing something about it. He took a leaflet and pledged to sign the petition.

In light of the conflicting comments from Elected Members, (most recently Lib Dem councilor Phil Wheeler is reported to have said that 'a decision has still to be taken as to where the Monument will be relocated') the Hearts Family simply must keep the issue high in the public domain. We all have a role to play, no matter how old or young you are. For example, I?d suggest that Hearts fans must start to, or continue to, put pressure on your Elected councilors to make sure they know exactly where you stand on the issue, and what your opinion will be of them should they allow the Memorial to be moved away from Haymarket.

apart from the 2 wee scrotes who verbally abused my better half!!!!!!!!! but yes in all they were pretty good.

Guest jambomickey
I was handing out leaflets lol

So thanks for saying thanks! lol

I enjoyed it! :)

i did say hi to you and it was nice meeting you

I was given a leaflet yesterday,

The petition is now signed.

suzie_preston

Will we be handing out leaflets again at the next home game and does anyone know if you need permission from Hearts to hand them out at half-time inside the stadium?:)

• 2 months later...

Hey Guy's,

even though i have been a Hibs supporter for the past 37 years, i am 100% behind this campaign to keep the Memorial Clock in it's origanal place.

It is a disgrace that this has even been aloud to happen, i emigrated from Edinburgh in 1985 and have been living in Perth Western Austrailia for 23 years now and to hear this it makes your blood boil.

What makes me angry is that these Diggers fought and died for thier country and to have something like this taken away and put up some side street is a crying shame.

Like i said before i am 100% behind this and i will continue to be until the Memorial stays in its rightful place.

This is a war memorial not a tourist attraction, if this was to happen here in Perth there wolud be a complete stand still because over here they truely appreciate what these soldiers did for their country.

No matter what its association is with Hearts, there is no doubt in my mind that this memorial must remain in its current location. Those men were HERO"S and should always be remembered in that way and remembered at the place we know best, the centre of Haymarket junction.

You know what ****es me off, is that you get jokers like this who always think that someone involved with Hibernian Foootball Club are responsible for this. " Quote " Tynietiger,28/09/2008 11:55:34

My mole in Council tells me that SNP councillor Tom Buchanan tried to get an emergency debate (to save Haymarket location) at last month's full Council Meeting but Hibs supporting business convener denied this. "

I can tell you now that 99% of Hibernian supporters will be behind this campaign too and if they were not i would be very surprised and very dissapointed.

Look forward to some replies.

Cheers guy's

Steve

nice first post hobo, sorry stevie

i think this is one area where all edinburgh football fans, along with non supporters will be united.

that war touched so many families, all over the world, and every single one of those men deserve our respect as much today, as they did back then

Nice post Steve.

Now go over to the cess pit that is hibs.net, raise the same point as you did here and see the hibs people show their true colours of bigoted filth.

Going on that site when such matters are discussed certainly shows how far humanity has fallen in recent times.

Archived