Kello

Rods

Guest jambomickey
Did anybody else think his position for the first goal was suspect

Much like Tannadice last week

i've already said that on another thread mate!

The ball was about 3 feet off the ground when it went in (unlike last week's which went in the stamp).

Did someone in the wall get out of the way of the ball? We shall see when the highlights are released. Wouldn't surprise if one of the many saps in the team did jump out of the way of the ball.:mad:

Jambof3tornado

Time for balogh to have a go between the sticks,5 goals in 2 games. As for his kicking it was positively Craig Gordon-esque!!

Definitely.

I turned to my brother after he got everything set up and said that the wall looked too ropey and that he was positioned far too far to his left hand post.

I was right.

Kello was superb coming for crosses but the rest of his game was poor today. Was lucky to get away with his second half save when he palmed it with his right hand straight out towards the edge of his box - only just recovered and won it back before the Killie striker.

Time for balogh to have a go between the sticks,5 goals in 2 games. As for his kicking it was positively Craig Gordon-esque!!

Have you watched Balogh in a warm up? He guddles everything.

I think it is looking as though Kello might be the only good signing of the summer.:eek:

i've already said that on another thread mate!

sorry mate not had time to trawl through every post.

Lets see what this balogh can do.

Unless this lith goalie coach can earn his crust. Not likely though, join the other passengers on the romanov ride.

Guest jambomickey

Unless this lith goalie coach can earn his crust. Not likely though, join the other passengers on the romanov ride.

romanov has left us with a bunch of dross mate

His positioning may have been a little off however recently the thing that really annoys me is when the goalies set up their walls, then stand behind them and end up losing a goal to the side they are supposed to defend. He chose to defend, quite rightly, his side of the goals and sometimes you have to set up the wall and if the opposition player is good enough to put it up over the wall and in the opposite side you have to hold your hands up and say well done. (and moan at mole for giving away a stupid free kick!)

Kicking was poor, again though I would not put the blame totally on Kello. In the conditions today why if he's struggling with his first few kicks do we keep passsing it back again and again and again and again and again. Its going to end up getting punted up the park anyway so why dont the back 4 just deal with it.

I sometimes wonder if people actually watch the games.

Granted his kicking was poor today, however he had to deal with a ridiculous amount of passbacks from our bombscare of a defence.

Kello for me is commanding a keeper as I have seen at Tynie and he cannot be blamed for any of the 5 goals we have conceded in the last 2 weeks. Last weeks free kick was outstanding and no keeper would have saved it. He came within a baw hair of pulling off a tremendous save with their second goal last week and he had no chance with either goal.

What sort of message would it send out if we were to drop kello because of a few poor kicks?

romanov has left us with a bunch of dross mate

I agree mate

kello was not helped by getting passbacks at 100 miles per hour.

Kello has done well without really being tested IMO. Today his kicking was shocking not really sure if he was at fault for the first it looked a decent free kick.

i actually thought whoever was supposed to be the last man in the wall not sure if it was zal or tullberg but it looked like he was refusing to go in the wall when he did he appeared to the move with one of the killie players and then left a gap

SoldierPalmer

have been pleasantly surprised by how good Kello was over the last few games - but today was his worst performance - the wall postioning of the first goal was poor and his distribution was at times woeful - but think he has the makings of a good keeper - I'd stick with him - there are much bigger problems to solve.

have been pleasantly surprised by how good Kello was over the last few games - but today was his worst performance - the wall postioning of the first goal was poor and his distribution was at times woeful - but think he has the makings of a good keeper - I'd stick with him - there are much bigger problems to solve.

His distribution was at time awful, but it was also excellent at time. His first instinct when he makes a save is to look up and get the ball on the move quickly, via throw or kick.

He also commands his box very well.

I think it's a bit unfair that Kello's being criticised, TBH.

Can't believe the OP thinks he could've saved Conway's strike last week, what a load of pish!

Thought Kello probably had his poorest game today but i've watched Balogh warming up in every gane and he doesn't inspire much confidence TBH.

Guest born on 1874

his positioning was dodgy and cost us the goal.his kicking was terrible too.what a crap result.sat in the peeing rain to watch that mince.not a good afternoon. :mad:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Come on man, don't start giving him abuse.

One of the only decent performers this season FFS.

rudi must stay
Did anybody else think his position for the first goal was suspect

Much like Tannadice last week

very suspect. He gave the guy half the goal to aim at

Jambof3tornado
very suspect. He gave the guy half the goal to aim at

Correct,surely something that can be sorted out by our GK coach!!

His kicking was poor and maybe he should have positioned himself better for the free kick. But the rest of his game is good. IMHO he is the best we've had for a long time.

It's quite common for a goalie to set things up this way and, as noted, if the free-kick taker gets it right it's unstoppable.

We've already seen that Kello always looks for a quick kick-out or throw if at all possible; he got a few attacks started today but also made some fairly rash decisions. He gets the crosses, and had one or two good saves. Couldn't be faulted for either goal. Stick with him, I think.

I havent seen him enough to answer this question:

Has he made any saves that either McDonald or Banks couldnt have made?

I've seen that his distribution is good, and he can catch a cross, but we're still loosing goals, hence the question.

It's quite common for a goalie to set things up this way and, as noted, if the free-kick taker gets it right it's unstoppable.

100% right, especially with a free kick in a the central area. If its slightly to the left or right its A. an easier decision to decide which side of the goal to cover and B. because of the reduced angle, more and more diffiuclt for the ball striker to get it accurate enough to beat the keeper.

If its from the middle if the striker gets it right with enough power, no keeper is going to stop it. He's got so much more of the goal to look at and if he puts it in a top corner with power its game over.

I'd have to see his(Kello's)positioning again on the telly, but it looked to me like the Killie boy got it bang on right and it was unsavable.

His kicking WAS absolutely shocking today and we used him too often in that way. I cant remember a Hearts goalkeeper being so involved in a game. At times he was our OUT BALL !!!!!!

Mole was to blame for the goal today.

Beckenbauer gave away the free kick.

As for Kello, I would agree that his positioning looked a little off, but he is one of the few that has earned his spot this season and I would certainly forgive that.

Yesterday his distribution (one of his better attributes) was poor, I don't expect to see him keep that up for long and would look forward to his better distribution next game.

Nver mind Kello's positioning, what about the position the free kick was allowed to be taken from. Looked to be a good 5yrds in front of where the incident took place imo. That 5yrds can make all the difference in situations like that.

portobellojambo1

I cannot honestly say if his positioning was good, bad or indifferent, the main difference I have noticed with regards to Kello over the last couple of weeks is with regards to his distribution of the ball.

Initially he constantly distributed the ball by hand, to one of the back 4 and we built going forward from there.. Now he just punts it up the park, and it ain't working. And I don't think he is to blame for that, the only conclusion I can come to is there has been a fundamental change in our approach to games, dictated in the background (absolutely no idea by whom), and it has been to our detriment.

I think it's a bit unfair that Kello's being criticised, TBH.

Can't believe the OP thinks he could've saved Conway's strike last week, what a load of pish!

Could be right I only remember from the actual game. I was also very drunk.

Also think he was a bit suspect for united third.

I do think he is a good goalkeeper. Perhaps our amazing Lith Goalie caoch needs to do a bit of work with him.

Its been a long time baby
Mole was to blame for the goal today.

Yep, gave the ball away, gave away a freekick, got booked and lost a goal! All in 30secs!!

Kello has done well without really being tested IMO. Today his kicking was shocking not really sure if he was at fault for the first it looked a decent free kick.

At the free kick Mikey Stewart was asking Kello where he wanted the wall and how many he wanted in the wall,

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Initially he constantly distributed the ball by hand, to one of the back 4 and we built going forward from there.. Now he just punts it up the park, and it ain't working. And I don't think he is to blame for that, the only conclusion I can come to is there has been a fundamental change in our approach to games, dictated in the background (absolutely no idea by whom), and it has been to our detriment.

on the defences current form perhaps he has drawn the conclusion that the best way to avoid putting himself under pressure is to cut them out completely...

... I agree it was much nicer seeing us build from the back in early games (and csaba has said much the same in the sunday mail today) but had he played the ball to thompson or wallace instead of humping it up the park (and btw they werent getting in the positions to take a pass which i think may have had something to do with it) I suspect that killmarnock may have had as many if not more chances on goal...

Francis Albert
on the defences current form perhaps he has drawn the conclusion that the best way to avoid putting himself under pressure is to cut them out completely...

... I agree it was much nicer seeing us build from the back in early games (and csaba has said much the same in the sunday mail today) but had he played the ball to thompson or wallace instead of humping it up the park (and btw they werent getting in the positions to take a pass which i think may have had something to do with it) I suspect that killmarnock may have had as many if not more chances on goal...

Kello was still looking to throw the ball out quickly ... the problem was as you say no-one was prepared to make the effort or take the responsibility for getting into a position to receive one.

His kicking from ground was inexplicably bad (the wrong sort of studs - he slipped a few times?) but on the plus side he dominates on crosses and long balls as well as any Hearts 'keeper I've seen.

Malinga the Swinga

Having watched the highlights on BBC website, he wouldn't have saved it even if he was a couple of yards further over. Top quality free kick, with ball going in side of the net.

Archived