It's been said a million times before and it's boring everybody to tears...

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

...but

As long as Romanov is here it will always be like this. It doesn't matter if it's been like this in the past (I don't support Hearts in 1977, I support them now), this is how it is now and how it will be until he leaves. Until we have an owner who is committed to the performance of the team and a manager who is allowed to build a side things will never be different. Far more than 'Vlad out' or 'Vlad stay' the real choice is between accepting horrible performances, terrible players, mediocre results and faceless loanees who couldn't give a **** or becoming increasingly fed up with it and putting pressure on Romanov to put the club up for sale.

Guest jambomickey
...but

As long as Romanov is here it will always be like this. It doesn't matter if it's been like this in the past (I don't support Hearts in 1977, I support them now), this is how it is now and how it will be until he leaves. Until we have an owner who is committed to the performance of the team and a manager who is allowed to build a side things will never be different. Far more than 'Vlad out' or 'Vlad stay' the real choice is between accepting horrible performances, terrible players, mediocre results or faceless loanees who couldn't give a **** or becoming incresingly fed up with it.

he's given us a team of dross! look at the last 10 transfers in and out

The Real Maroonblood
...but

As long as Romanov is here it will always be like this. It doesn't matter if it's been like this in the past (I don't support Hearts in 1977, I support them now), this is how it is now and how it will be until he leaves. Until we have an owner who is committed to the performance of the team and a manager who is allowed to build a side things will never be different. Far more than 'Vlad out' or 'Vlad stay' the real choice is between accepting horrible performances, terrible players, mediocre results and faceless loanees who couldn't give a **** or becoming increasingly fed up with it and putting pressure on Romanov to put the club up for sale.

Correct. Standy by for the Romanov apologists.

Absolutely spot on my friend- Thats why I don't go anymore cos it breaks my heart to see what mad Vlad is doing to my team . I just want my team back !

How did the game go against Killie in front of 3000 at Murrayfield today:p or has someone saved the club from extinction:rolleyes:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
How did the game go against Killie in front of 3000 at Murrayfield today:p or has someone saved the club from extinction:rolleyes:

I don't grudge you that position. Romanov kept us away from Murrayfield four years ago you think that buys him lifetime immunity from criticism. Fine, you're entitled to that view. I disagree though.

Pants Shaton

It still ****ing amazes me that people pull this one.

Why 3000? Would the 6000 other 'hardcore' support have abandoned Hearts because of the stadium we play in?

The old 'We wouldn't have Hartley, Pressley, Fysass, Bednar, Skacel... without Romanov' argument is hardly relevant given we have one of the weakest Hearts squads in living memory.

All hail Vlad.

51PV9qAqT%2BL._SL500_AA249_.gif

Oh and he didn't save the club from extinction - he saved us leaving Tynecastle.

I don't grudge you that position. Romanov kept us away from Murrayfield four years ago you think that buys him lifetime immunity from criticism. Fine, you're entitled to that view. I disagree though.

As the thread title says:rolleyes:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
As the thread title says:rolleyes:

It does indeed. I fully accept many people will find this boring. Fine. But I think Romanov has had all the chances he deserves and we should be pressuring him to put the club up for sale. If you find that boring, I gave you good warning to not bother looking at the thread.

if Romanov is gonna give us an almost guaranteed 3rd place with the occasional challenge for more & the odd cup win, then I'd be happy to put up with the "drama". if we're gonna be doing pretty much as we were doing before then we've no reason to put up with the extra pish that goes along with him charge.

this season is a big one for a lot of people. i expect, over the full season, to see improvement in both our squad & our mentality. if we get that but fail to get 3rd, I'll still be renewing. if we don't, I along with many others, won't be back.

that may annoy some uberfans, but if he continues to be a hinderance then he'll not be getting my money. if he does a good job then he will.

he will tho, get the complete season before I call for his head.

kingantti1874

This isn't hearts! I barely blink at these results - in the past I'd have been raging all week! I'd rather be at murrayfield than watch that shower of shi*e. Hearts will never be hearts until he goes- can that happen! I don't know. I bloody hope so because if it doesn't it's not going to matter where we play- the team that we once loved will have faded into an extremely distant memory and I don't know if we will get it back-

Cheers for saving tynie clad now GTF

It does indeed. I fully accept many people will find this boring. Fine. But I think Romanov has had all the chances he deserves and we should be pressuring him to put the club up for sale. If you find that boring, I gave you good warning to not bother looking at the thread.

I dont think its the right economical climate to buy a football club...especially in Scotland.And no matter who bought it the "fans" on here would only settle for perfection....and that will never be the case.

If any prospective purchaser done his research into the attitude of the fans,they wouldnt touch us with a bargepole.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
I dont think its the right economical climate to buy a football club...especially in Scotland.And no matter who bought it the "fans" on here would only settle for perfection....and that will never be the case.

If any prospective purchaser done his research into the attitude of the fans,they wouldnt touch us with a bargepole.

Disagree. There is nothing inherently wrong with Hearts fans. In fact, quite the opposite, the autumn of 2005 showed any potential buyer that the fans can be counted on if the club is run properly with just a bit of ambition. Any abuse Romanov gets from Hearts fans he brought on himself. Unlike you, I have faith in Hearts fans. We truly are the best fans in the world and we're being taken for a ride.

Disagree. There is nothing inherently wrong with Hearts fans. In fact, quite the opposite, the autumn of 2005 showed any potential buyer that the fans can be counted on if the club is run properly with just a bit of ambition. Any abuse Romanov gets from Hearts fans he brought on himself. Unlike you, I have faith in Hearts fans. We truly are the best fans in the world and we're being taken for a ride.

Hearts fans are excellent...its the dummy newbies that do my nut in! The ones who arrived with Romanov looking for glory.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Hearts fans are excellent...its the dummy newbies that do my nut in! The ones who arrived with Romanov looking for glory.

They've gone and Romanov's still ****ing us over.

Dougie Vipond

At almost any other club in the UK there would have been uproar by now. So the fans aren't the problem. The apathy that has arisen as a result of the shambles at Tynecastle under Romanov is....

Guest jambomickey
At almost any other club in the UK there would have been uproar by now. So the fans aren't the problem. The apathy that has arisen as a result of the shambles at Tynecastle under Romanov is....

spot on mate! the problems at hearts is the paranoid control freak in lithuania to blame

if Romanov is gonna give us an almost guaranteed 3rd place with the occasional challenge for more & the odd cup win, then I'd be happy to put up with the "drama". if we're gonna be doing pretty much as we were doing before then we've no reason to put up with the extra pish that goes along with him charge.

this season is a big one for a lot of people. i expect, over the full season, to see improvement in both our squad & our mentality. if we get that but fail to get 3rd, I'll still be renewing. if we don't, I along with many others, won't be back.

that may annoy some uberfans, but if he continues to be a hinderance then he'll not be getting my money. if he does a good job then he will.

he will tho, get the complete season before I call for his head.

3rd place looks a long way off, the early buzz has disappeared already and the team looks flat. Goals will be hard to come by and a mid table finish looks likely.

3rd place looks a long way off, the early buzz has disappeared already and the team looks flat. Goals will be hard to come by and a mid table finish looks likely.

it looks very likely indeed. but if there's evidence that we're moving in the right direction as the season progresses then that might be OK. there's a lot of work to be done tho.

Rudolf's Mate

I'm not talking from experience, as I've been a supporter and been at games since the late 70's. But I fail to believe that the glory hunters are still going to games! Especially after last season. I think it's more the new generation with greater expectation. What's the difference. The glory hunters are those who hardly ever went to games prior to Romanov. The new generation are young people who didn't experience the 80's or 90's and don't know just how special our support is.

I like others who has posted am getting really peed off that people keep defending this guy saying he saved our club. He didn't!

...but

You've pretty much said everything that I want to say except I would add that there needs to be real pressure on Vlad to change his methods and to get rid of his coaching appointees within the club.

Now i'm off out to watch Frankie Boyle.....he's paid to be a comedian!

There's not many newbies left, Eggo. That's an old argument and I can see plenty of old faces who are very unhappy with all this.

Vlad should just stand outside the stands punching fans at random without retaliation. After all, you wouldn't be fortunate enough to be there if it wasn't for him.

But to punch people he'd actually have to be there :rolleyes:

A week or so ago I posted on a thread about the financial crisis, saying that if you take a proper look at the major follies in history you'll see the same patterns repeating over and over in the present yet people will still just carry on the same way, falling into the same traps and taking it up the ass from the powers that be.

The same applies to Hearts under Romanov, we've seen the same pattern develop and repeat many times in his short tenure. There is a positive change followed by a lot of talking the talk, the fans get optimistic and things go well for a couple of months.....then there is a long period of total merde until we're just about at breaking point. Then VR will spin another lie which the majority of the fans will swallow and you see the usual lines - "oh things will be different this time, but if they're not, ooooh that's him had his last chance I tell ya" . So here we are going heading in that familiar direction once again it would seem, and still the support just carry on sleepwalking into oblivion, taking the boaby from the powers that be, still the same old excuses are trotted out.

Just as the general population is systematically being dumbed down and exhusted into accepting what they are told through sheer apathy, the Hearts support has also become so tired of the eating up the same propaganda and seeing the same old pattern repeat again and again that there is no fight left. Well, that is exactly what Romanov has wanted all along....

Well that being the case and Romanov being the astute business man we are told he is, How come he ended up buying us.

Well that being the case and Romanov being the astute business man we are told he is, How come he ended up buying us.

He didn't really mind who he bought. Remember he tried Dunfermline, Dundee and some English club before Hearts. This suggests that they wanted a business base in the UK.

We were cheap:)

Geoff Kilpatrick
He didn't really mind who he bought. Remember he tried Dunfermline, Dundee and some English club before Hearts. This suggests that they wanted a business base in the UK.

If by "business base" you mean a way of accessing the UK "football market" then, yes, you are correct.

The fact is that Vlad is stuck. His plans to sell his "imports" have, in general, fallen flat with his best imports turning out to be non-Lithuanian. However, he is such an egotist that his pride is preventing him selling up and moving on.

Shouting "Vlad GTF" won't have any impact - he isn't there anyway. What might spur a reaction would be something that ignites the Lithuanian press but something I hasten to add that doesn't involve anything "anti Lith", for want of a better phrase.

• 2 months later...
Two months is a long time in football!!!!

That is two threads you have brought back from months ago. It is quite sad that you feel the need to do this. Anybody is entitled to their opinion, and their opinions at the time were perfectly relevant. You are obviously extremely naive if you do not see that. I dare say that you won't see many negative threads today, well, that is apart from the ones you bring up.

Its not naive at all, it highlights the fact that some would have happily shown Csaba the door 10 weeks into his Tynecastle reign.

Maybe the doom-mongers might start to chill a bit and realise that sometimes patience is a virtue.

That is two threads you have brought back from months ago. It is quite sad that you feel the need to do this. Anybody is entitled to their opinion, and their opinions at the time were perfectly relevant. You are obviously extremely naive if you do not see that. I dare say that you won't see many negative threads today, well, that is apart from the ones you bring up.

I have to agree with big h David, dragging one up and making a lighthearted comment is fair enough but please tell me you're not sitting their trawling for anymore.

Its not naive at all, it highlights the fact that some would have happily shown Csaba the door 10 weeks into his Tynecastle reign.

Maybe the doom-mongers might start to chill a bit and realise that sometimes patience is a virtue.

Are you not doing the exact same thing as the OP done at the time it was posted ?

Maybe you should save all your I told you so posts until the end of the season ?

I have to agree with big h David, dragging one up and making a lighthearted comment is fair enough but please tell me you're not sitting their trawling for anymore.

I just think it is a shame, instead of having a go at others views, we should be celebrating a great result and a fantastic unbeaten run. There should be thread after thread about the NOW.

No, I pulled up 3 the last of which was the Poll by HANS.

I realise that I am being a bit off by pulling these three threads up, but I also remember at the time these were originally posted being shocked at the negativity being shown towards Csaba by certain elements of our support.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

I realise that I am being a bit off by pulling these three threads up, but I also remember at the time these were originally posted being shocked at the negativity being shown towards Csaba by certain elements of our support.

Keep up the good work.

The only criticism you will get are from the embarrassed knee jerk types :xmasgrin:

Absolutely spot on my friend- Thats why I don't go anymore cos it breaks my heart to see what mad Vlad is doing to my team . I just want my team back !

You are missing out!!!!!!

Going in the huff doesn't help anyone!!!

Why didn't you comment then? If you disagreed so much, you could have voiced your concerns and possibly turned the debate. However you wait until there is a change and bring it back. Has it occurred to you that the only negativity on the board this morning has came from you? That is a shame tbh.

I would argue that at the time these threads were posted they were perfectly pertinent, today they are not. Instead of doing this, why not start a thread extolling the virtues of an unsung hero? Or adding to the threads that are already there bigging up Laszlo/Driver/Kingston/Zaliukas etc, etc.

We got a fantastic result yesterday, we have been unbeaten for a good run of games now, enjoy it mate, don't just have a go at those that were concerned when we were playing rubbish.

I think I have been consistent throughout the season, in my views that Csaba is something special.

I have also promoted the view that since January 2008 the club has changed for the better and would appear to have learnt from the mistakes of the past.

Csaba is a manager for the long-term haul and there will undoubtedly be ups and downs, I just hope that the next time results dont go our way, we dont see the return of the knee-jerk brigade.

I think I have been consistent throughout the season, in my views that Csaba is something special.

I have also promoted the view that since January 2008 the club has changed for the better and would appear to have learnt from the mistakes of the past.

Csaba is a manager for the long-term haul and there will undoubtedly be ups and downs, I just hope that the next time results dont go our way, we dont see the return of the knee-jerk brigade.

You want to stop football fans reacting to poor results ?

maybe once you have done that you part the sea and turn water into wine. :rolleyes:

However, you failed to opine on the three threads you have resurrected at the time of their posting. Why did you simply bookmark it instead of opining?

This I largely agree with. However, a new manager is always going to get scrutinised early on, it is human nature. Look at Ince, Keane and Hughes down south, it is common.

However, Hearts fans have largely taken to Laszlo. He has been talked up quite regularly on here and has not been the victim of fans shouting about him at games. There are five separate threads on the first page praising Laszlo. In fact, at the time of looking, out of the first EIGHTEEN threads, only four could be construed as negative. Three of those were brought back by yourself. Had you not done that, the whole of the first page would have only one negative thread.

It is ironic you seem to have issues with negativity yet elevate negative threads.

Jam Tarts 1874

I say well done for showing up a few of the usual numpties who cannot see beyond the bottom of their beer glass.

Personally I am sick and tired of the way that this small number of individuals just bend in the wind just demonstrating a lack of consistancy, foresight, maturity and intelligence.

You want to stop football fans reacting to poor results ?

maybe once you have done that you part the sea and turn water into wine. :rolleyes:

Very true...........

but it just seems to me, admittedly, probably as a result of what we have been through over the last couple of years, that we seem to have become far more extreme in our reactions to any setbacks.

I say well done for showing up a few of the usual numpties who cannot see beyond the bottom of their beer glass.

Personally I am sick and tired of the way that this small number of individuals just bend in the wind just demonstrating a lack of consistancy, foresight, maturity and intelligence.

Would it be immature of me to suggest that the lack of intelligence when it comes to spelling "consistency" could be due to you posting through the bottom of your beer glass? :)

The OP of this thread is an articulate poster that you happen to disagree with, a perfectly acceptable state of affairs which you cheapen when you feel the need to have a go at their "lack of consistancy, foresight, maturity and intelligence" instead of debate the point.

Very true...........

but it just seems to me, admittedly, probably as a result of what we have been through over the last couple of years, that we seem to have become far more extreme in our reactions to any setbacks.

There is no doubt about that.

Lets just enjoy how we are doing right now has this thread shows things can change very quickly in football.

The Real Maroonblood

Going by the past history of "The Puppet Master" as he is very good at pressing the self-destruct button when all is going well.

Would you please drag this thread up again?

I hope you don't have to.

No matter what Romanov has done in the past and he has done well enough to create a second decent team in three years under a decent manager, his ommission to pay the wages has alerted everybody else that we need to sell everybody on the cheap again.

Gone are the days of the large transfer fees and only because he couldn't find a few thousand to pay the day to day costs from his ?20 million profits

We will lose the team, lose millions and lose another few thousand fans

Businessman of the year right enough.

Archived