4-5-1-1 = GTF...

jkato

...Why are we persevering with this failed system?

I'm at a loss to fathom out the reasoning.

Feel free to add your theories!!

I wonder if there was a single person in the stadium who thought that Ksnavicius coming on was the guy who was going to win the game for us?

I wonder if there was a single person in the stadium who thought that Ksnavicius coming on was the guy who was going to win the game for us?

Vlad wasn't in the stadium (shock horror).

Walter Bishop

So we played with 12 men and still got beat!!!

We don't play with 1 up front people. We play with none up front. Our lone strikers drift so far wide that Nade even took a throw today. Its a shambles and it has to stop.

Guest zeeko1

My theory is that you cant count

Susie-Jambo-66

How many times is this going to come up. We are playing 4-4-2 according to Csaba.

Ask Csaba how many he is playing up front and he will tell you 2.

This is because he does not see playing 2 up meaning they both have to be in line with each other.

Fact. Source: Csaba Laszlo

How many times is this going to come up. We are playing 4-4-2 according to Csaba.

Ask Csaba how many he is playing up front and he will tell you 2.

This is because he does not see playing 2 up meaning they both have to be in line with each other.

Fact. Source: Csaba Laszlo

Ask me and I'll tell you none.

I demonstrated the failings of this nonsense 4-4-1-1 formation in the pub today using beermats, bottles and a glass. If Csaba wants to give me a bell I'm more than happy to explain it to him.

A lone striker taking a throw in sums up the tactical shambles that we have become.

Guest jambomickey
Vlad wasn't in the stadium (shock horror).

there wasn't one member of the board in the directors box mate

Korbatchajob is to blame for me

why does he not inform laslo that the same formation with the same team last year finished 8th.

Sorry but didn't we start with 4-4-2. And in my opinion it is the worse period of play I have seen this season.

It doesn't matter if it is 4-4-2 or 4-5-1, the players aren't good enough for either.

Sorry but didn't we start with 4-4-2. And in my opinion it is the worse period of play I have seen this season.

It doesn't matter if it is 4-4-2 or 4-5-1, the players aren't good enough for either.

Mole was playing ten yards deeper than Tullburg.

The only times when either player was even close to being effective was when they ended up with Tullburg deeper than Mole.

This was how i saw it today.

Mole started right up front today with Tullberg in a proper 442.

This appeared to have the effect on all our players thinking the best thing to do was punt long balls at them. Thought we looked more settled when we went back to 451.

Reason being....

If in a 442 the big issue for me is with Karapidis in front of the back 4 sitting really deep and Miko staying wide left, Larry staying wide right that leaves a huge amount of space in the middle for Stewart to deal with himself. In 451 he has a bit of help.

Is 451 the answer? I hope not but until we play 2 central midfielders or play Miko and Larry narrow we will struggle with posession and ball winning and get generally overrun through the middle of the park.

This was how i saw it today.

Mole started right up front today with Tullberg in a proper 442.

This appeared to have the effect on all our players thinking the best thing to do was punt long balls at them. Thought we looked more settled when we went back to 451.

Reason being....

If in a 442 the big issue for me is with Karapidis in front of the back 4 sitting really deep and Miko staying wide left, Larry staying wide right that leaves a huge amount of space in the middle for Stewart to deal with himself. In 451 he has a bit of help.

Is 451 the answer? I hope not but until we play 2 central midfielders or play Miko and Larry narrow we will struggle with posession and ball

This is how the second goal was lost today

Because the fax machine said so :mad: :mad:

I think we need to play the 4-4-1-1, it isn't the same as 4-5-1, it is similar (but not identical) to 4-4-2. It is a variation that if played correctly can become very successful.

When defending, the 4-4-1-1 should look like this;

GK

RB CD CD LB

RM..DM...LM

......CM

..ST1

.....ST2

Tight, solid, compact.

when attacking it should change into;

GK

RB CD CD LB

......DM

RM

.......CM..LM

..ST1..ST2

Different options, players in the right positions to attack.

As stated on another thread, I came in about ten minutes late, but when I arrived we were playing 4-4-1-1. Tullberg was up front on his own, and Mole joined him on occasions. We fleetingly played with two up front yesterday, not regularly enough.

Archived