The best thing to have on a piece?

Goose Baxter

Goose Baxter

Apart from the legendery cheese piece, What is the best thing to have on a couple slices of bread??

I ask this because the other night my m & d where having scampi and chips for dinner and there was some left over so i decided to try it on a couple slices of bread. It was amazing, it then made me ask can you put anything on a piece?

My current favourite is pate, ham and mustard, but you need the right ingredients, including the right bread. (Burgen, chicken liver, ham on the bone and grey poupon)

Cheese and onion, bound with salad cream is good, BLT with mayo, brie and cranberry (which is cheese and jam for posers) is the nuts too.

Mix sweet and savoury, stilton and shortbread (not a piece but a damn good easy snack) is amazing.

FWIW I think a roll beats a sandwich nine times out of ten.

If it's a quality roll then aye.

Really good wholegrain bread is amazing though.

The list is endless.

I always liked a crisp sandwich.

If i,m having a crisp sandwich its got to be worcester sauce flavour. One of my favourite sandwiches is corned beef and horseradish sauce mmmmm lovely, but just now i,m totally addicted to Dutch Crispbakes and Cathedral Extra Strong Spreadable Cheese lovely jubley:)

If i,m having a crisp sandwich its got to be worcester sauce flavour. One of my favourite sandwiches is corned beef and horseradish sauce mmmmm lovely, but just now i,m totally addicted to Dutch Crispbakes and Cathedral Extra Strong Spreadable Cheese lovely jubley:)

Amazing things.

1) Plain bread( non-heal) Toasted in front of a real fire with a mashed banana.

2) Plain bread - this time with the the thick heal and a slice. 1/2 LB Lurpak.

Keep it simple

40 years ago would have said better than sex but it still runs it a close 2nd

strawberry jam with cheese:)

feeling hungry now, may have to have one, with a nice cuppa tea, where's john when you need him:rolleyes:

my mum likes a pie (aye i said pie) on bread, me lemon curd :)

OH! Yes a "roll an' pie" is immense. My favourite is a Bell's lasagne pie but a macaroni one would do.

If it's a quality roll then aye.

Really good wholegrain bread is amazing though.

On a similar vein, marshmallow fluff and peanut butter is a good combo. It's called a fluffernutter. Anybody who now craves marshmallow fluff, I believe you can buy it in jars from Lupe Pinto's deli :) Tesco don't do it any more :(

I now fancy that for my breakfast washed down with a cup of tea

have that most mornings... least the mornings i actually have time for breakfast. canny beat it, sets you up for the day.

square sausage and broon sauce

It's Lorne Sausage, not square sausage :)

Oh and cheese and beetroot is my fav sannie filling at the moment!

The Old Tolbooth
my mum likes a pie (aye i said pie) on bread, me lemon curd :)

The mind boggles

Your mum likes pie and you like lemons??? :D

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Tomato sauce piece. Cannae beat it.

Tuna on toast is fecking superb also.

Some excellent suggestions so far...notably a mince and tatties piece (haggis and tatties piece is also great), and the brie and cranberry, though I also add salami!

Had an amazing sandwhich the other day. Slice of bread, roast chicken, slice of gravy soaked bread, stuffing, salad, slice of bread! I call the middle slice a moist maker...and this sandwhich was totally my own invention :rolleyes:

Goose Baxter
Some excellent suggestions so far...notably a mince and tatties piece (haggis and tatties piece is also great), and the brie and cranberry, though I also add salami!

Had an amazing sandwhich the other day. Slice of bread, roast chicken, slice of gravy soaked bread, stuffing, salad, slice of bread! I call the middle slice a moist maker...and this sandwhich was totally my own invention :rolleyes:

Sure Ross Geller calls it that as well!!

Who is copying who? ;)

Toastie bags are the way to go

Two slices of bread any conceivable filling and a bit of Flora

Shove it it in the toaster and let the miracle of the beige bag do it's wonders. Out pops a feast fit for kings or hungry dogs.

Tips... Bananas and strawberry jam for breakfast

Cheese and pickled onions for lunch

anything goes later but leave out the Whiskas and Pedigree Chum unless been to Costo for a bale of bog roll.

p.s. can i just add mussels and baby food to the leave out list.

Anything you like Dazzler, sandwiches are one of the best things since sliced bread. This could beat the chilli thread. :eek:

One of my personal favourites is made with toast ( scottish plain ) rubbed with garlic and olive oil then lettuce, tomato, tuna and boiled egg with mayo.

Then again sometimes you just want a plain white bread cheddar cheese sandwich.

Goose Baxter
Anything you like Dazzler, sandwiches are one of the best things since sliced bread. This could beat the chilli thread. :eek:

One of my personal favourites is made with toast ( scottish plain ) rubbed with garlic and olive oil then lettuce, tomato, tuna and boiled egg with mayo.

Then again sometimes you just want a plain white bread cheddar cheese sandwich.

Does they type off bread make the sannie better?

Your ones sound great but with the scottish plain bread they just make them taste a bit more yummy.

Scottish plain bread is da bomb

after the conversation i had today, this is a funny thread!

girl i work with went out breifly with ratboy when she was at school (?) and after doing the horizonatal tango, apparently made her a crisp piece!!!

and they say romance is dead?

Stovies is a cracking filling

Best by a long shot though is Grill 2 potato waffles, fry one egg (preferably with yolk still runny)

Sqaush 1 potato waffle on each slice of bread. cover with cheese, stick the egg in the middle and close.

Enjoy

Condensed Milk for breakfast.

Bacon and banana for lunch, especially if the banana has been fried as well.

vlad on the tyne

ham,cheese n coleslaw with a liberal sprinkling of black pepper

egg n bacon with branston fruity sauce is good tae

Edinburgh Farmers' Market on Saturday mornings; juiciest roast pork, stuffing, and apple sauce all on a roll. Modern W**k expensive but exceedingly flavoursome.

A Boy Named Crow
Absolutely..... Scottish plain bread is the way to go

I think we have concensus :)

I love the stuff, but I can't get it down here. If there any Jambos in the London/Berkshire area who know where to get it I'd be eternally grateful!

P.S. Same goes for lorne sausage!!!

Chad Sexington
Edinburgh Farmers' Market on Saturday mornings; juiciest roast pork, stuffing, and apple sauce all on a roll. Modern W**k expensive but exceedingly flavoursome.

I have to tell you...that does sound feckin awesome.

:)

Roast beef, with a wee bit gravy.

Theres a stand that sells amazing Roast Beef rolls at the Royal Highland Show, when i go I always get one with fried onions added, then its off to the Beer tent to wash it down

Brown sauce.

Ever gone for a nutella / peanut butter combo?

It's the shnizzle yo'.

That's minging. There's a guy in my work that has peanut butter, nutella and banana on toast. Freak.

It's Lorne Sausage, not square sausage :)

Oh and cheese and beetroot is my fav sannie filling at the moment!

I think you'll find thats 'favourite sandwich' :rolleyes:

The mind boggles

Your mum likes pie and you like lemons??? :D

lol good one :) I can asure you i love my meat and 2 balls :P my mum must be the same she had kids after all :)

Archived