We're Doomed apparently...........

Clerry Jambo

good heavens!!! their very favourite subject, what else would any self-loathing hobo oik be discussing of a friday night?

ach well, administration again.

Nucky Thompson
Ukio selling to raise funds apparently according to the Hoboeconomists!!

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=131032

We've been doomed every week for the last 2 years according to that hopeless shower of pish:107years: Being that pish and under our shadow since the beginning of time, it's all they have to cling to:107years: I can see the Sheep taking a few off them tomorrow:)

It's the same ones that jump on the bandwagon every time.

Sad ****ers.

When will these bitter uneducated gimps wake up and smell the coffee?

They were telling us we were going into Administration in January over a year ago, and now they claim to have exclusive news about UKIO. Next they will be saying that they meant next January.

The problem with these cretins is that they have a huge inferiority complex that drives their whole pathetic lives.

Thinking back over the results & surrounding circumstances that lead to us pi$$ing all over them in nearly every game for over 20 years gives me immense pleasure. I have been at the majority of these games.

They can have the odd wanc at a few of our failures. I've got to hand that to them.

But it's been good. Like, really good.

J.T.F.Robertson
It's the same ones that jump on the bandwagon every time.

Sad ****ers.

Damaged irreparably. I honestly despise those to55ers.

me and my 8 year old cant wait to go to fester road to do these hobo t*ssers. he was at the last 1 when we dreww 1-1 and i said to him can you imagine what the atmosphere would be like if we won. ever since he has been dying to get back there. even he has seen hearts win the scottish and he is only 8. i hope he never sees them win it:107years::107years::107years::107years::107years::107years::107years::107years::107years::107years::107years::107years:

good heavens!!! their very favourite subject, what else would any self-loathing hobo oik be discussing of a friday night?

They did broach the subject on the Talk 107 programme this evening.

There's probably sod-all in the story and it's another wind-up my the ***** on caravans.net.

portobellojambo1

The only person who has posted anything sensible on that thread is the person who posted last (sahib), and appears to have brought the thread to a crunching halt through one major comment, i.e. that the man providing their financial support, and whose business portfolio is not 100 miles away from that of Mr Romanov, is just as likely to be suffering in these times.

He also makes comment about people who prosper when economies are weak, and Romanov did that in the former Soviet Union. I don't know why, but when it comes to reading about how the planet is coping in the present financial climate the last place I would think to look would be hibs.net.

(Having checked the attachments on the links they have provided the surnames of the persons mentioned in these transactions appears to be Goncaruk, and given that Romanov's own niece has the surname of Goncaruk I would hazard a guess that voting shares have simply been extended to other members of the family).

They did broach the subject on the Talk 107 programme this evening.

There's probably sod-all in the story and it's another wind-up my the ***** on caravans.net.

What was said?

Considering our very own Meadows was on the panel I am curious.

What was said?

Considering our very own Meadows was on the panel I am curious.

I can't really give a 100% lo-down (maybe Meadows can help) but it was something along the lines of Ubig needing money for wages (I think?)

The links on the OP don't work for me :-(

Charlie-Brown

The last half hour of Talk-107 show turned into a long history lesson on Hearts 1910-14 by two old codgers called George.......

J.T.F.Robertson

It seems to escape the Mikey fellie, that the "tin-pot" team he refers to, is the one responsible for him turning into a complete **** up.

I don,t know why we even bother reading the pish on cabbage.net we all know that they share the one brain cell between them, vermin the lot of them!!!!

It seems to escape the Mikey fellie, that the "tin-pot" team he refers to, is the one responsible for him turning into a complete **** up.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

He also makes comment about people who prosper when economies are weak, and Romanov did that in the former Soviet Union.

I am sure that he made his money as their economy was booming post the iron curtain, I don't think it is correct to say that he made his money during a time of economic weakness.

portobellojambo1
I am sure that he made his money as their economy was booming post the iron curtain, I don't think it is correct to say that he made his money during a time of economic weakness.

My understanding is he got in when the Soviet Union was falling apart, and when the KGB were disposing of shareholdings in companies, because they didn't realise the potential that lay just around the corner (although the real reason they were probably disposing of them was to cover their own backs, because they didn't know how they would fit in/be treated in the new Russia). Afterwards as the Soviet Union broke up the true value of those shares became apparent, and many people profited, amongst them our Mr Romanov.

well i work i can contribute a few grand, and i'm sure there would be plenty more doing the same. But the present lot would have to buck up their ideas completely

(Having checked the attachments on the links they have provided the surnames of the persons mentioned in these transactions appears to be Goncaruk, and given that Romanov's own niece has the surname of Goncaruk I would hazard a guess that voting shares have simply been extended to other members of the family).

If this turns out to be a straightforward transfer of shares within Vlad's family then fair enough. If however it's the group selling a fairly hefty chunk of shares, at a rock bottom price, because they need quick cash, that scares me, particularly coupled with last week's wages nonsense.

Glasgow Jambo
me and my 8 year old cant wait to go to fester road to do these hobo t*ssers. he was at the last 1 when we dreww 1-1 and i said to him can you imagine what the atmosphere would be like if we won. ever since he has been dying to get back there. even he has seen hearts win the scottish and he is only 8. i hope he never sees them win it:107years::107years::107years::107years::107years::107years::107years::107years:

Hear Hear. 1. I hope your 8 year old gets to see the win at easter road, but 2, (and more importantly) i hope none of us see it either:107years::107years::107years:.

portobellojambo1
If this turns out to be a straightforward transfer of shares within Vlad's family then fair enough. If however it's the group selling a fairly hefty chunk of shares, at a rock bottom price, because they need quick cash, that scares me, particularly coupled with last week's wages nonsense.

It's difficult to tell without being able to read the language Martin, but in one transaction the Goncurak family name is mentioned, along with what appears to be a sub-division of Ukio Bankas, in another the name of UBIG is mentioned, and I am sure it is flagged as a repurchase of previously transferred shares.

I am no wiser to what has taken place than any of those posting over the road, but at this time I am unwilling to read anything weird, or worrying in it. Time will tell no doubt.

Charlie-Brown
My understanding is he got in when the Soviet Union was falling apart, and when the KGB were disposing of shareholdings in companies, because they didn't realise the potential that lay just around the corner (although the real reason they were probably disposing of them was to cover their own backs, because they didn't know how they would fit in/be treated in the new Russia). Afterwards as the Soviet Union broke up the true value of those shares became apparent, and many people profited, amongst them our Mr Romanov.

The KGB became free-market capitalists and/or mafia gangsters and/or government or regional officials and remained in control of the former soviet union....non-competitive single bidder auctions etc.....I sure I read recently the Abramovich & Berezovsky group "advised" & actually paid Romanov & UBIG a very hefty wedge of cash to walk away from trying to buy aluminium processing facilities in the Ukraine so they went to instead Yugoslavia to negotiate buying the Bosnian state aluminium plants that they now own.

I sure I read recently the Abramovich & Berezovsky group "advised" & actually paid Romanov & UBIG a very hefty wedge of cash to walk away

Any chance he could be persuaded to do something similar with an organisation we actually care about ?! Surely one of his sons will want a football club as a play thing in the future and he sure as hell has a lot more money to splash on it than Romanov.

True to a point mate. USSR sold off all their state owned facilities at knockdown prices in order to receive debt-clearance aid from the IMF and World Bank after the iron curtain fell. This created many very rich Russians (or ex-soviets), but many many very poor people (the IMF demand a country do away with minimum wage and price capping as part of bail-out loans). Typical Chicago school politics from the yanks trying to create a 'free' market. Difference in USSR was that they managed to impose regulations that only soviet companies could buy the companies from the state.

The KGB knew fine well the value of the shares and industries and most of the former government were actually the ones who bought the holdings in the big sale - the Oligarchs. Again typical, same happened in S Africa post-appartheid and is why its still pretty much run by whites, even if they're not in office officially. Never really looked at Romanov in great detail but i'd imagine he was part of all of that shady but legal business!!!!!

Rant over!!!!!!

monkfish1979

Indeed. Have the esteemed hobonomicists given us a date yet?

Personally never ever wanted Hibs to go out of business.

Love the derbies, especially at Easter Road. Love the fact that I was nearly 13 before I saw them beat us. Love the fact that I have so many GIRUY moments to call on - 3-2 Robbo's first derby, our run of 17 unbeaten against them after establishing ourselves back in the top league, the emergence of Robbo, the team through the 80's being so far ahead of them that they just had to turn up to get something even on our most honking day, giving Andy Goram a standing ovation, Robbo reaching milestone after milestone, Robbo scoring on his return from his holiday, John Colquhoun leaving Popeye Sneddon looking like a cheap pretzel, JC whapping two almost identicals past the world class(arf arf) Roughie, seeing the back line keech themselves every time big Damage lined up against them, Henry playing the game of his life at ER, watching them squirm when Wallace wound them up, the police telling the management to take it easy in the second half, Wayne on the fence, Not over till the fat striker scores, Stamp up the tunnel, Kjell Olafsson(whilst waiting to celebrate the winning of the Scottish Cup), 4-2 going into extra time, Stephen Simmons being able to score against them, Levein restoring order, beating them without scoring, Skacel's celebration in first derby, Whittaker being violated by Skacel in 2nd derby at Tynie that season, 02/04/06, Caig/Colgan/McNeil/Makalamity/any other incumbent for the foreseeable future, ****ing on their parade day and many more to come.

Put all of that in reverse and you can see where they are coming from.

7-0, 6-2.

It's difficult to tell without being able to read the language Martin, but in one transaction the Goncurak family name is mentioned, along with what appears to be a sub-division of Ukio Bankas, in another the name of UBIG is mentioned, and I am sure it is flagged as a repurchase of previously transferred shares.

I am no wiser to what has taken place than any of those posting over the road, but at this time I am unwilling to read anything weird, or worrying in it. Time will tell no doubt.

I find the not knowing worrying in itself. I've got a bad feeling about this, though hopefully it's nothing.

I find the not knowing worrying in itself. I've got a bad feeling about this, though hopefully it's nothing.

Surely Vlad and UBIG wouldn't sell shares to raise cash when the share price is at rock-bottom?

They would have known weeks/months ago that there was going to be a cash shortfall and would have sold another asset or raised cash elsewhere rather than sell shares while they're undervalued.

I wouldn't read too much into it. It's probably what banks and big businesses do to avoid tax etc.

Look at this way guys...if UBIG/ Vlad are in trouble, an attempt will be made to sell off the loss making parts of their business, Hearts I'd imagine would be amongst the first to be put up for sale.

Charlie-Brown
Look at this way guys...if UBIG/ Vlad are in trouble, an attempt will be made to sell off the loss making parts of their business, Hearts I'd imagine would be amongst the first to be put up for sale.

Profitable parts of businesses are usually easier & quicker to sell for a good price to raise cash if you are in need a quick sale than loss-making parts of businesses.

Profitable parts of businesses are usually easier & quicker to sell for a good price to raise cash if you are in need a quick sale than loss-making parts of businesses.

Depends on the nature of the business and the long-term strategy of the company involved. It could be argued, that the recent rights issues at both the alluminum plant and indeed HMFC, are to make the balance sheet's look more attractive for potential buyers.

Either way, as the point has already been made, men like Romanov rarely personally lose out in times like these. My own employer made record one week profits in the wake of Lehman Brothers collapse. In times of market turbulence there are always both winners and losers.

Jam Tarts 1874

It appears to me that members of Romanov's family (funded by and sympathetic to Romanov?) are taking advantage of the lower share price to increase their shareholdings - seems like fairly standard practice to me.

Both UKIO Bankas and the UKIO Investment Group have been increasing their profits this year.

Given that commodities and mining (UBIG's main activities) have been less affected by the economic downturn along with India and China's continued demand for raw materials including aluminium, I wouldn't have thought there was a problem.

portobellojambo1
It appears to me that members of Romanov's family (funded by and sympathetic to Romanov?) are taking advantage of the lower share price to increase their shareholdings - seems like fairly standard practice to me.

Both UKIO Bankas and the UKIO Investment Group have been increasing their profits this year.

Given that commodities and mining (UBIG's main activities) have been less affected by the economic downturn along with India and China's continued demand for raw materials including aluminium, I wouldn't have thought there was a problem.

I agree with most of what you say Jam Tarts 1874, but with regards to the highlighted part I take it you have not been following event with regards to the plants they own in Bosnia (that colostomy bag that used to be our acting CEO was sent out there about 2.5 years ago because it was going into trouble then). The plant is struggling big style, and recently had to make massive cutbacks just to partially reduce the losses.

They are being hit by the continuing increases in oil/gas prices, both commodities needed to help keep the plant running even semi efficiently.

Charlie-Brown
I agree with most of what you say Jam Tarts 1874, but with regards to the highlighted part I take it you have not been following event with regards to the plants they own in Bosnia (that colostomy bag that used to be our acting CEO was sent out there about 2.5 years ago because it was going into trouble then). The plant is struggling big style, and recently had to make massive cutbacks just to partially reduce the losses.

They are being hit by the continuing increases in oil/gas prices, both commodities needed to help keep the plant running even semi efficiently.

They had been loss making PJ1 but more this recent information suggests they're making a profit albeit relatively small but not losses.

http://www.alacrastore.com/storecontent/ISI_Intellinews/IntelliNews_Today-BA187195129

Love the derbies, especially at Easter Road. Love the fact that I was nearly 13 before I saw them beat us. Love the fact that I have so many GIRUY moments to call on - 3-2 Robbo's first derby, our run of 17 unbeaten against them after establishing ourselves back in the top league, the emergence of Robbo, the team through the 80's being so far ahead of them that they just had to turn up to get something even on our most honking day, giving Andy Goram a standing ovation, Robbo reaching milestone after milestone, Robbo scoring on his return from his holiday, John Colquhoun leaving Popeye Sneddon looking like a cheap pretzel, JC whapping two almost identicals past the world class(arf arf) Roughie, seeing the back line keech themselves every time big Damage lined up against them, Henry playing the game of his life at ER, watching them squirm when Wallace wound them up, the police telling the management to take it easy in the second half, Wayne on the fence, Not over till the fat striker scores, Stamp up the tunnel, Kjell Olafsson(whilst waiting to celebrate the winning of the Scottish Cup), 4-2 going into extra time, Stephen Simmons being able to score against them, Levein restoring order, beating them without scoring, Skacel's celebration in first derby, Whittaker being violated by Skacel in 2nd derby at Tynie that season, 02/04/06, Caig/Colgan/McNeil/Makalamity/any other incumbent for the foreseeable future, ****ing on their parade day and many more to come.

7-0, 6-2.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

The only person who has posted anything sensible on that thread is the person who posted last (sahib), and appears to have brought the thread to a crunching halt through one major comment, i.e. that the man providing their financial support, and whose business portfolio is not 100 miles away from that of Mr Romanov, is just as likely to be suffering in these times.

He also makes comment about people who prosper when economies are weak, and Romanov did that in the former Soviet Union. I don't know why, but when it comes to reading about how the planet is coping in the present financial climate the last place I would think to look would be hibs.net.

:rofl:

Clerry Jambo

7-0, 6-2.

Never let us down Craigie Boy - hahahaha:p

Forgive me but is it not a publicly quoted company whose shares can be bought and sold ?

If this was RBS and not UKIO no one would be bothered -- it is someone selling to a willing buyer -- maybe the company is seen as a good opportunity to someone who is looking to make a profit.

I could buy shares if I wished (or had the money!).

Archived