Man Utd v Smelltic

Inglis3901

Hey,

Going down to Old Trafford for the CL (In the Man utd end) and was just wondering if anyone knows any good pubs to get some atmosphere before the game?

Ta

was thinking bout it but going with a hibby which means they would take one too :mad:

I'm going down to that. Usually go to Sam Platt's before the match which is only a 5minute walk from OT.

was thinking bout it but going with a hibby which means they would take one too :mad:

How about an anti-celtic one then :eek:?

How did you get your tickets????? I applied with my One United memebership and never got mines :mad: Never missed out in a ballot before. Gutted. Plenty pubs in and around the stadium, or drink in town and just jump in a taxi to the ground will only cost you about 6quid.

The Old Tolbooth

I'm in Manchester right now and need to have a clear head for tomorrows course I'm doing. I'm staying in the Manchester Ancoats Travelodge and the hotel is actually a lot better than I thought, but the area leaves a lot to be desired!!

I checked in around 4.15pm and the lass behind the counter asked where my car was parked and stressed that I didn't want to leave it on the streets in this area overnight as it would most likely be broken into!!

I ended up taking it to a nearby NCP car park and paying ?13 for the courtesy, all in the name of safety reasons lol!!!

As for the Man Utd v Celtic game, I couldn't think of a worse fixture to attend in my book, if that pair were playing in back garden, then I would draw the curtains!!!!!

Hey,

Going down to Old Trafford for the CL (In the Man utd end) and was just wondering if anyone knows any good pubs to get some atmosphere before the game?

Ta

IF you managed to get tickets how come you're not going with anyone who knows the craic ?

You've got no chance of getting a drink near the stadium.

Head for the cricket ground. There's a few pubs en route and a couple of hotels. You should be OK for lemonade and crisps.

PS As John Mitchell says , you might want to be careful. The last time The Manchester Bombers played at OT the violence was so bad the head of police said it was like going back to the 1980s. Naturally this was not reported in the Scottish media.

Archived