Exteberria

Ryan Gosling

No doubt someone will put a negative slant on this, but I think it's admirable none the less.

Classy thing to do, well done sir.

Very rare that a player plays at a club for that length of time. I like that though, a bit like Giggs at Man U. Who's our longest serving player? Neilson?

Also, for a team that doesn't buy any players outside of the basque area and to stay in the top league since it started is some achievement.

Very rare that a player plays at a club for that length of time. I like that though, a bit like Giggs at Man U. Who's our longest serving player? Neilson?

Also, for a team that doesn't buy any players outside of the basque area and to stay in the top league since it started is some achievement.

I would imagine so yes.

Miko and Ches cant be that far behind.

Must be into around their 5th season

I would imagine so yes.

Miko and Ches cant be that far behind.

Must be into around their 5th season

Miko & Ches signed for us in January 2005 so coming up for 4 years, struggling to think of anybody even close except Berra who's probably about 6 years if you count all his time since signing from school

Seymour M Hersh

In current environment of football being money driven, of virtually zero loyalty to club and fans from players and owners, what an exceptional gesture. I appreciate he is made for life financially from the previous 14 years of being well to exceptionally well paid but imo it's still a marvellous gesture. It'll ensure legendary status with the fans I would imagine.

shaun.lawson

Brilliant stuff. Weren't there also a couple of Fiorentina players who, while not playing for nothing, took an enormous pay cut in order to stay there and play for the reformed club in Serie C a few years back?

Brilliant stuff. Weren't there also a couple of Fiorentina players who, while not playing for nothing, took an enormous pay cut in order to stay there and play for the reformed club in Serie C a few years back?

Yeah IIRC Di Livio took a massive pay cut to stay at the club.

So, does anyone actually know why he is retiring at 31?

He wants to let other players get their chance and rather than sit on the bench he's just calling it a day. He'll never move clubs.

Quality gesture.

Spot on.

Porper professional who loves the club. Reminds me a bit of Damiano Tommasi who when injured for a long time only took minimum wage.

Also sure Redondo done the same when he was at AC. That was going back it bit so I may be wrong.

After 09/10

Oh right, I thought he just meant retiring in general. For record then, he'll be 32. :P

Still quite young though for a guy playing at that level though.

fantastic, love ***** like that.

Hasn't Paul Scholes said he wants to end his career at Oldham (presumably for little or heehaw money)? If so, then I like him for that despite his ManU-ness

coatbridgejambo

top stuff ..i didn't think footballers like that existed great to here

Archived