paintball

Alan_R

going at the weekend. Never been before. Anything I should know?

Who has been before, what is it like? any good? worth the cash?

Commander Harris

just don't take your mask off lest you repeat this great moment in TV history:p

in all seriousness, it's a good lark. don't quite know if it's worth the money to be honest but good for a laugh.

Wear lots of loose layers.

It hurts.

Nonsense. It only stings a little bit.

Unless you get hit on the knuckle.

That really hurts.

That really hurts.

Or the inside of the thigh. Or the cheek, or the end of your toes. Or the top of your head. Or the back of the head.

Or the inside of the thigh. Or the cheek, or the end of your toes. Or the top of your head. Or the back of the head.

Or the nipple, Jees i thought getting kicked in the gonads was painful.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Went a few weeks ago. Great laugh but expensive!

You get about 7 or 8 games all in different settings, they give you 50 balls to start and they run out in about 5 minutes.

Then you go the shop for more and its about a tenner for 100. You use them quickly and its another tenner and so on.

It ****ing hurts if yo get hit from a close range.

kinross jambo
going at the weekend. Never been before. Anything I should know?

Who has been before, what is it like? any good? worth the cash?

are you going to bedlam paintball on saturday,the edinburgh one. ???

Choose your targets, it's better twatting someone 3x than shooting 30 off and getting nowt. Watch out for the kids too, little *******s seem to have hundreds to spend on balls and fire them all off in around the first minute of every game.

Good thing though is you can shoot them back when they are defenceless too ;)

And another thing, if they play with the old "one hit and your out rule" don't fall for it, you're only there for a day and standing on the sidelines after being hit 20secs in is pointless. Brush yerself down and remember the mantra "the ball never burst, this was from the game before" :D

tommythejambo

That really hurts.

Took a good few in the a**e/thigh.

That was sore.

Carl Weathers

I got told a story about a chap who shot his mate from close range when he was bent over and ruptured his testicle.

Have fun though.

Last time I went there was a game when someone had to be the medic. The role of the medic was to save everyone else, after they would shot they screamed 'MEDIIIIIIIIIIC' and the medic had to go and touch them to bring them back into the game. The only way to kill the medic was to hit him/her on the head. I volunteered. It hurt. But it was the best fun I had all day.

The bruises die down fairly quickly. I was covered in them but the next day they were pretty much gone.

it is a great laugh and you end up running around feeling like rambo. use your pellets carefully and don't just panic and unleash the lot or you will spend a fortune. i like to go off on my own and sneak about like a sniper from the undergrowth. it is great shooting someone who has no idea where it came from

it is a great laugh and you end up running around feeling like rambo. use your pellets carefully and don't just panic and unleash the lot or you will spend a fortune. i like to go off on my own and sneak about like a sniper from the undergrowth. it is great shooting someone who has no idea where it came from

Especially when they're on your team. That really confuses them!

Everyone cheated when I was there. I remember being hit on the toe once. That was pretty sore.

And if they're not looking, it's always funny to shoot the marshalls.

wear a scarf, shot a boy in the neck and it was bleeding for a bit, no much blood but it looked sore :L lol

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

If you wear a hooded top you will be fine.

You don't want to be to hot because the goggles steam up after about a second and you can't see a thing.

If you wear a hooded top you will be fine.

You don't want to be to hot because the goggles steam up after about a second and you can't see a thing.

some toilet paper between the top of your nose and the mask i have heard helps with the goggles steaming up

are you going to bedlam paintball on saturday,the edinburgh one. ???

nah bedlam is a rip off. we are going to one out of town.

Guest juvehearts

we weont to the one at south queensferry.

dont know if that was bedlam.

the balls are expensive there like someone said ?10 for 100 or so & theyre gone within 1 game if youre not careful.

8 games ?10 for a round of 100 = ?80, plus the entrance fee & that looking at an easy ?100.

its a good laugh IF you get the right people to come along.

youre there all day so i siggest a few beers to take with you & wrap up warm.

finally dont be a woose, get out there on the front line & take the pain otherwise whats the point in going?!

It was APE paintballing up near ratho.

Highly recommended, quality fun. Good value as far as paintballing goes too: ?18 to get you started and ?6 a refill after that.

did it a few years ago as a private party so you know who your up against and they did different activities it was all for one off fee...... lot better this way more organised........friend shot me at close range as we were packing up and it hurt like hell.....good fun all in all though.

blondejamtart

Went years ago with work - leapt out from behind a tree and shot someone - he got a fright and stumbled backwards over a tree root, breaking his ankle! Oops! :embarassed:

Randle P McMurphy

They do a Dunkirk landings type thing at the end make sure you are on the defending team as you get absolutely slaughtered crossing the bridge if you are attacking. Yes it does hurt especially if you get shot 15 times!

Archived