PES 2009 or FIFA 09? what will you be choosing?

Civil Jambo

PES 2009 OR FIFA 09? what will you be buying?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. PES 2009 OR FIFA 09? what will you be buying?

• PES 2009
    • FIFA 09
    • I dont like computer games and are really a hobo in diguise

Iam a card carrying PES fan but am torn with the choice this year as Fifa has made loads of improvements and Pes was not up to standard last year. so simple poll what's your game??

Im a massive Pro Ev player, but i will be still doing my usual tomorrow night and buying Fifa 09. I do it every year and only end up playing it for the 2-3 weeks before Pro Ev comes out.

winchester 73

Always for me, be it football, rugby, Madden, NHL or golf. Ever since my old megadrive days.

I want to play an SPL season with the right teams, the right strips, the right names etc etc :)

Always for me, be it football, rugby, Madden, NHL or golf. Ever since my old megadrive days.

I want to play an SPL season with the right teams, the right strips, the right names etc etc :)

Definately unrivalled when you look at sports games overall.

However I was a pro evo fan but the last installment completely soured it for me, terrible terrible game. Konami conned me out of ?50!

Fifa last year looked to have far surpassed pro evo in all aspects of the game. I'll be sticking with fifa this year aswell.

It's Pro for me always has been always will be! Worth waiting for!

what did you honestly think of last years attempt?

Commander Harris

yet to play either. Have preferred pro ev since v3 but the last version wasn't great. Haven't played fifa in years, will have to give it a shot to see if it's improved.

Alan, whats ur PSN for this club thing mate?

alan_reid

as you can see I'm as creative with all my user names :)

jack D and coke

Was always a pro evo man until last years bag of sh*te. I dont play these games offline so the online options sway it for me and FIFA does a big dump on pro evo in that respect.

yet to play either. Have preferred pro ev since v3 but the last version wasn't great. Haven't played fifa in years, will have to give it a shot to see if it's improved.

It has, vastly!

first touch addition is one of the main things you wont be familiar with. Adds a whole new dimension to the game. Gameplay is also very realistic while still being highly enjoyable.

I'll be checking out the PES demo but unless there isn't a lot of improvements then i'll be getting FIFA for the first time. Last year's PES was basically an unfinished game.

Rudi Hates Hibees
what did you honestly think of last years attempt?

It was a big let down with the on-line being unbelievably bad with all the jumping and freezing. But i read somewhere that this has been sorted and the game has massively improved from last year. Time will tell i guess. When is the release date?

Say What Again

This thread (and recent others) should help the 'Reinstate the Console forum' movement.

:)

For the record, I've always been PES, but the revues this year suggest FIFA. I'll try both.

JamboRossi79

Play it on the PC with PS2 controllers and job done. Full Scottish league patch available. :thumb:

I think I will be getting both games (first time I have even considered buying FIFA in ages so it better not dissapoint.

It was a big let down with the on-line being unbelievably bad with all the jumping and freezing. But i read somewhere that this has been sorted and the game has massively improved from last year. Time will tell i guess. When is the release date?

Fifa is out this friday and pro is out on 17th

last pro evo games was same as one before but Fifa doesn't have same feel as pro evo so i shall abstain and buy neither......instead i shall purchase a dozen macaroons and a quarter of sherbert lemons.......

p.s Leithers eat their lunch off Bins.....i've seen it done

Hearts of Vladland

I like boths games for differnt thing and if I have enough money I will get both of them.

got them both on pc last year and pro evo was gash online due to the bad lag so itl be fifa only this year i think

got them both on pc last year and pro evo was gash online due to the bad lag so itl be fifa only this year i think

I can assure you that Fifa09 is absolutely dreadful on PC. Avoid.

cobbyshambles

pro evo-its a much better all round game-even thought you cant get hearts which sometimes splits it for me.

jack D and coke

Every version of pro evo has had lag issues and last years was a farce. Played a few online games of FIFA last night and it was brilliant. Pro evo probably is the better game but as long as you dont try and play FIFA like your playing pro evo it plays a cracking game and the online options are head and shoulders above anything pro evo has. Thats the clincher for me. That and the fact you can be Hearts.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I guess I choose FIFA as I bought it. Previously I've always bought Pro Ev so it is taking a bit of getting used to the buttons. Really enjoying it though.

jamboinglasgow

used to be a fifa fan (fifa 97 was one of the best football games I ever played, the indoor pitch game was great fun) but in the last few years it is pro evo. I didn't last years pro evo is as bad as people say. My flatmates and I play each other at it all the time. Cant wait to get the new verson though.

Archived