Alexander Aiming for Fourth Cap

flecktimus

Feck it.Put him in.Craig Gordon is far too good for that pesh anyway.

Exactly. Gordon should bin the embarrassing shambles that is the Scotland international team and concentrate on advancing his career in club football.

BBC more like BBBC bigot brothers broadcasting corporation.

Craig gordon is light years in front. :107years::hobofish:

Quote from the BBC.... not a quote from Alexander...

"McGregor had been strongly challenging Sunderland's Craig Gordon for a starting place with Scotland until injury forced him to miss the conclusion to last season. "

Who is it that pens this shight?

Thats a joke. When was McGregor pushing Gordon?? He gave away a penalty when he did get the chance....

He plays behind a defence that should and usually does wander through games week in week out, if GB actually drops Gordon then he should be given the boot and drug tested on his way out.

Yes, the media are biased towards the OF and constantly tout players that do not deserve to be in the first 11. But I hate when people refer to the Scotland team as a 'Glasgow select' or words to that effect. The players that get into the starting eleven are there on merit. Yes, most of them play for Celtic and Rangers, but there is a reason for that - Celtic and Rangers are better than us.

I actually think we have too many players in the national squad - Berra is not international standard as yet imo.

If Neil Alexander actually plays next Saturday ahead of Craig Gordon, I will eat my hat.

alwaysthereinspirit
Well it hasnt taken long for the media to turn to Alexander for the next Scotland goalie

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7647214.stm

This is now serously starting to get on my t ts

That is actually quite disgusting.

McGregor was pushing Gordon(yeah right) so now McGregors replacement automatically is doing the same.

What a load of p!$#.

alwaysthereinspirit
Yes, the media are biased towards the OF and constantly tout players that do not deserve to be in the first 11. But I hate when people refer to the Scotland team as a 'Glasgow select' or words to that effect. The players that get into the starting eleven are there on merit. Yes, most of them play for Celtic and Rangers, but there is a reason for that - Celtic and Rangers are better than us.

I actually think we have too many players in the national squad - Berra is not international standard as yet imo.

If Neil Alexander actually plays next Saturday ahead of Craig Gordon, I will eat my hat.

What a load of $#!te. Merit my @$$. There's been more no talented OF player been allowed to pull on the national jersey for no reason other than they played in Glasgow. Boyd never got a sniff of the Scotland jersey till about 4 days after he signed for Rankgers. Dont even reply to this post. You're f@#$%^g clueless.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Who cares what all these b*****d's think.

Craig Gordon is going on to prove he is the greatest Scottish goalkeeper of all time and one of the best in the world for years to come.

Feck 'em all.

What a load of $#!te. Merit my @$$. There's been more no talented OF player been allowed to pull on the national jersey for no reason other than they played in Glasgow. Boyd never got a sniff of the Scotland jersey till about 4 days after he signed for Rankgers. Dont even reply to this post. You're f@#$%^g clueless.

Tosh McKinlay also springs to mind.

Won his first cap at the age of 30.... once he had signed for sellik.

Who is not getting into that team that should do because an OF player is in there undeservedly?

Oh, and nice to see you can respond to my post without unwarranted personal abuse.:rolleyes:

Snake Plissken

Neil Alexander is about as good a goalie as McGregor.

Both are not in the same league as Craig Gordon, it is that simple.

Tosh McKinlay also springs to mind.

Won his first cap at the age of 30.... once he had signed for sellik.

Andy Walker, sorry, w@nker also springs to mind

not a sniff while playing with, she is fine thank you, but as soon as he signs for the jungles straight in

I do think that Alan McGregor is a good goalie and Neil Alexander is OK but let's face it Craig Gordon is the only one of the three that can lace his own boots FACT. (been dying to put that in a post as it seems to be the latest JKB buzz word)

History repeats it's self. In the 1960's Bill Brown who played for Spurs was by far and away Scotland best goalkeeper (till Cruikie came along). Brown was regularly over looked in favour of Frank Haffey & Ronnie Simpson, both Celtic keepers. Brown had no links to either of the Old Firm and that always pushed him down the pecking order.

I always get the feeling that that the media in particular are just waiting for one slip from Craig Gordon to castigate him and push for out for of the Rangers keepers (who ever is in possession of the no 1 jersey at the time) to be made Scotland first choice. Sickening, but there are those at Hampden who will aid and abet this.

WeeToonJambo

You could say Shaun Maloney as well. He seemed to have disappeared from the national team while at Aston Villa, then he came back to Celtic, played one game and was in the squad.

You could say Shaun Maloney as well. He seemed to have disappeared from the national team while at Aston Villa, then he came back to Celtic, played one game and was in the squad.

Makes you think is Burley his own man where Scotland is concerned.

Neil Alexander is about as good a goalie as McGregor.

Both are not in the same league as Craig Gordon, it is that simple.

Ladies and Gentleman ....... we have a winner!!

Exactly Teenwolf, bang on the money with that comment.

Makes you think is Burley his own man where Scotland is concerned.

I know what you are trying to get at there but I think the evidence from the Craig Gordon /McGregor issue is that he IS his own man. Most Scotland managers would have folded to the weegie press pressure to get McGregor in - the week before the last Scotland games EVERY paper I read had McGregor in their prefered team.

Other players who have seen their Scotland career blosoom in Glasgow include Goram who was clearly playing better than Bandy for a couple of years before a move to Ibrox got him in the team. Also Neil McCann won one cap at Hearts - incredible when you consider he played his best football at Tynecastle.

to be fair, they haven't played McGregor ahead of Gordon, so even if Alexander makes the squad there's no vacancy in the team right now.

Was regularly in squads while at Villa, whilst only really being a squad player. Started games v Georgia and Croatia last season while at Villa as well.

I have no problem with Alexander showing ambition and wanting to play more for Scotland, anyone content to be a squad player is no ambitious enough. There's no way Burley will pick him ahead of Gordon though, which is as it should be.

For the guy who brought up Haffey, Brown and Simpson btw. Brown got 28 caps, Haffey and Simpson got 7 between them. And all of Simpson's came a minimum of two years after Brown's last cap.

In fairness Alexander never put a foot wrong in any of his three games at the Kirin Cup and should be looking to keep Craig on his toes.

Thig Ar Latha
I have no problem with Alexander showing ambition and wanting to play more for Scotland, anyone content to be a squad player is no ambitious enough. There's no way Burley will pick him ahead of Gordon though, which is as it should be.

Exactly. Nothing wrong with ambition, but Craig Gordon's miles better. Fuss about nothing. :)

Uncle Bobby B

Id rather have Alexander in the squad rather than McGregor, I cant stand the sight of McGregor...especially after he booted one of our players, even if it was Clum.

But neither of them are anywhere near CG's quality, fact.

For the guy who brought up Haffey, Brown and Simpson btw. Brown got 28 caps, Haffey and Simpson got 7 between them. And all of Simpson's came a minimum of two years after Brown's last cap.

To be fair Simpson was a good keeper and had a long and decent career with Newcastle and Hibs but didnt get a cap till signed by Celtic at a fairly late age - 30 ,31?

Archived