Standards Should improve on Saturday

Deevers

I see we have Craig Thomson in the middle for our match against Killie on Saturday. He has always impressed me as being the best of our Referees just now. His man management skills are far better than anything else on offer just now and he seems to make fewer blunders than most. I rate him as being far better than Dougall.

Thomson is murder and as biased as the rest. He stopped play when we were 4 against 2 on the break v Rangers 2 years ago, thought that Barry Ferguson had a head knock when it was his ankle! Not that I hold grudges! I work with his twin brother, St Mirren fan!

The only decent performance i've seen this season with us was Eddie Smith agaihst Airdrie. Mind you i wouldn't fancy him when we play smeltic.

The only decent performance i've seen this season with us was Eddie Smith agaihst Airdrie. Mind you i wouldn't fancy him when we play smeltic.

I thought Calum Murray handled his game at Tynecastle well.

I've seen Thomson a few times over the last few season and I've alaways thought that he's improved every time I've seen him. After me saying all that - I bet he has a 'mare on Saturday!

I've seen Thomson a few times over the last few season and I've alaways thought that he's improved every time I've seen him. After me saying all that - I bet he has a 'mare on Saturday!

Callum Murray did have a decent game but always feels the need to give something harsh against us as he is a Jambo and probably doesn't want the weej refs to accuse him of bias.

Tbh imo, i think most of our refs are average and many poor. Most rarely let a game flow and they blow up for absolutely petty fouls.

Most of the time in 50/50`s they blow up for the guy that goes down first when there hasn`t been any obvious foul.

Their judgement of physical contact is poor and don`t get me started on linesman!

Jambof3tornado

They are all below par and the only way to make them better is to make them all turn professional. They will surely improve if their livelyhoods depend on getting it right.

The other option is to bring in refs from down south but I am not sure how that would work.

I thought he also handled the Hibs v. Rangers game on Sunday pretty well. If however he tries to be a fair referee he will probably be dropped.

They are all below par and the only way to make them better is to make them all turn professional. They will surely improve if their livelyhoods depend on getting it right.

The other option is to bring in refs from down south but I am not sure how that would work.

Would not say all are - but quite a few - especially those from the Glasgow Association are.

We will never see foreign refs brought in. To do that would be a frank admission as to what's gone on in the past for the SFA. What we need is system such as they have in England where referees team affiliations are known and they never get games involving that team.

Until there is openness in the SFA there is always going to be controversy, and the vague stench of corruption.

never mind the ref! standards have got to improve with the players on saturday

Absolutely no doubt about that what so ever, Jambomickey!!!

That would make no difference if they are incompetent, bias or both.

Do you watch the Premiership? they're professional and English down there and the standard is diabolical. Steve Bennett, Rob Styles and Graham Poll must be 3 of the worst referees of all time.

Jambof3tornado
Do you watch the Premiership? they're professional and English down there and the standard is diabolical. Steve Bennett, Rob Styles and Graham Poll must be 3 of the worst referees of all time.

Yes but when they make mistakes they are taken to task over them and end up reffing in division 1 etc etc. Our lot get away with murder

Yes but when they make mistakes they are taken to task over them and end up reffing in division 1 etc etc. Our lot get away with murder

most of our 'top' referees ref in all the divisions as you can't have the same 6 guys reffing all the top games. I do agree about accountability but it hasn't led to any improvement in standards down there that I can see. Graham Poll made one of the biggest balls-ups ever in the World cup and is still an 'elite' referee.

Archived