10 years ago today

LH13

Say What Again

I was thinking about that game yesterday when Ariel Ibagaza came on as a sub for Villarreal. They said he had years years at Mallorca before joining Villarreal at the start of this season.

I wondered if he played against us.

I remember him from Football Manager :P

The People's Chimp

dirty cheating bassas.

I remember pieman was going to stop us playing the game; like he was going to take the players off the pitch during the ibrox 4 reds debacle...

Buffalo Bill

It was the last ever ECWC game involving a Scottish team.

Mallorca got to the final in Villa Park, but lost to Lazio.

Thanks for reading: you've been marvelous.

Buffalo Bill

Dirty cheating bashturds!

I was at the game at tynie, Im sure that was the game petric missed a sitter..

No that was against Stuggart when we beat them 3-2 in the uefa cup. We got beaten at home to Mallorca 1-0 in the first leg, a near post header at the gorgie road end

Think the Bold Gordan was at Crystal Palace during that season. His miss (not entirely convinced it was a sitter) was against VfB Stuttgart was it not?

Nucky Thompson

I would have been half way through my week in Magaluf just now:) To be precise I would have been in the street outside the stadium with a bottle of blue label Vodka I had just bought in a supermarket:toasting:

Say What Again
I was thinking about that game yesterday when Ariel Ibagaza came on as a sub for Villarreal. They said he had years years at Mallorca before joining Villarreal at the start of this season.

That should have said 10 years :sad:

I missed the home leg as I was starring as Charles the Wrestler in 'As you like it' at school.

Guest juvehearts
That was the best away trip ever, happy memories indeed.:)

bordaeux was special fow who was there

paris in 84 also was special too.

Nucky Thompson

There was over 5000 Jambos having a party in the sun in Majorca and in the same midweek Hibs got beat in the pishing rain at Stranraer:107years: Fecking Hobo losers:107years:

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I (vaguely) remember making about 10 different journeys to the Spar in the main street, to buy ridiculous amounts of alcohol (San Miguel and Vodka).

I was absolutely smashed for a week. Happy Days indeed.

:P

Nucky Thompson
I (vaguely) remember making about 10 different journeys to the Spar in the main street, to buy ridiculous amounts of alcohol (San Miguel and Vodka).

I was absolutely smashed for a week. Happy Days indeed.

:P

How the feck can you remember it was a Spar:) I remember the locals hanging out of their windows and inviting Jambos up to hang their flags from the windows.

their goal in the first game was scored by Marcelinho who went on to be hopeless for Newcastle. Don't think Ibagaza played against Hearts but I think he played against Chelsea later on in the competition.

I have mixed memories of the away game. most of the trip was brilliant but the game itself the atmosphere in the Hearts end was pretty muted, even when we equalised. Combination of McCann breaking his ankle, very late kick-off and awful ground I think. Remember seeing the goals before the game and they looked about 6 foot high in the middle.

Highlight of the trip for me was speaking to a Hibby staying at my hotel who had booked up months before and who said it had been the worst week of his life.

How the feck can you remember it was a Spar:) I remember the locals hanging out of their windows and inviting Jambos up to hang their flags from the windows.

I vaguely remember the spar outside the ground in Bordeaux. I bought 6 cans despite horsing over pints before the game. Think I touched one of them before handing them to strangers.

Oh to be in Europe again. Quite jealous of Motherwell's trip to Nancy actually.

Nucky Thompson

Highlight of the trip for me was speaking to a Hibby staying at my hotel who had booked up months before and who said it had been the worst week of his life.

I wonder if it was the same guy I saw stupidly wearing his Hobo top out at night and getting chased out a boozer from a gang of Jambos:107years:

Real Mallorca v Hearts

"They dive, they fall, their goalposts are too small..."

Mind chick dung standing at one end of the goals and reaching up and touching the crossbar , he then went to the other end and couldnt reach it with a jump , no idea how they got away with this.

Real Mallorca v Hearts

"They dive, they fall, their goalposts are too small..."

Aye,a remember it well,we left Magaluf earlyer on the thursday to spend the day in palma,got dropped of at the ground about mid-day,went in for a wee look around only to find them putting in the seats and(this is genuine) trying to flatten out the goals with a mini road roller,at the time we knew nothing about a complaint made about the goals,so spent about an hour trying to work out why(then we got hammered again and forgot all about it).

That was the best away trip ever, happy memories indeed.:)

Who all went to the foam party in the night club below BCM's(think it was called milenium)on the thursday night/friday morning after the game,some antics going on there.:)

My worst holiday making decision ever.

Booked a last minute trip to Bulgaria and a couple of days later Hearts are drawn to play Mallorca in the UEFA cup. Suffice to say Bulgaria was total pants.

:wacko::silly::dunce:

Nucky Thompson
Who all went to the foam party in the night club below BCM's(think it was called milenium)on the thursday night/friday morning after the game,some antics going on there.:)
All the real Jambos went to Bananas;)

Some of us didn't make the game

image05.jpg

Hey, I took that photo.

That bridge over the swimming pool was an 'Elf and Safety disaster waiting to happen!

amazing trip . got off the plane lost my wallet with all my cash and match ticket within 30 minutes. missed my flight home after sleeping on a dodgy bench somewhere as i could not find my mates apartment where me and my other mates had left our bags. eventually found there apartment and realized no one had a visa card to pay for my flight. thought i was snookered till i looked down at my head bag, it was too shiny to be mine..

looked inside and there is my mates passport who has already left for his flight. half an hour later he comes walking back in from the airport ........

delighted as he had a visa card to get me home.....

and ross i gave you that bird................

http://www.footbo.com/Teams/Mallorca/Wiki/revision_7_355995

I particularly like this bit:

"RCD Mallorca reached the final of the European Cup Winners Cup by winning against some very notable European Clubs like the Heart of Midlothian of Scotland, Genk of Belgium, Varteks of Croatia and Chelsea of England. However, the dream run was halted by Lazio the Italian Club in the final when RCD Mallorca lost 2-1 on the 19th of May 1998 at Villa Park in Birmingham, England. In the same season the club finished in third position in the domestic league which was the club’s best position."

Can recall joking in the work I wanted Hibernians of Malta, if they were actually in it, to at least get a Derby in that season (as Hibs were relegated), or Real Mallorca. Promptly booked my summer hols when I heard the draw.

I was at both games and seem to recall big Gilles slapped the ball against their player and it went in for their winner at Tynie.

Adam also had a late chance to win it over there, but took too long to shoot?

Worst bit was seeing Chick and Gordon Smith (I seem to recall Smith being there) swanning about Palma on the licence payers' money. If I wasn't with the missus....

It was the last ever ECWC game involving a Scottish team.

Mallorca got to the final in Villa Park, but lost to Lazio.

Thanks for reading: you've been marvelous.

Buffalo Bill

I was at Tynecastle and also out in Mallorca. I was also at the final so saw RCM three times that season. Vincent Guerin was on the same flight as me down to Brum and was in the centre circle at the beginning as a former winner. :)

I miss European nights. :(

Robbos Right Peg
I was at Tynecastle and also out in Mallorca. I was also at the final so saw RCM three times that season. Vincent Guerin was on the same flight as me down to Brum and was in the centre circle at the beginning as a former winner. :)

I miss European nights. :(

As I stayed in Brum at the time I went to the final as well but was back in the pub in time to watch the Lazio bus go passed on the way to the airport.

As for Ma Yorkie my abiding memory is talking to (ok bothering the fek out of)Paula Yates (poor lassie) in some bar It was 10 years ago and I have grown up a wee bit (not much mind)

I still remember the mound in the middle of their goal.

A 4 foot goalie could have reached up and touched the crossbar.

Shocking.

No that was against Stuggart when we beat them 3-2 in the uefa cup. We got beaten at home to Mallorca 1-0 in the first leg, a near post header at the gorgie road end

It was Petric who gave away the free kick in the first leg also.

along with john it wisnae me leslie

He was at the foam party with thone tim cant and George Wright,trust me mate one of them made the most of the foam.

festerlehearts
bordaeux was special fow who was there

paris in 84 also was special too.

i was in paris amazing hearts fan were fantastic singing songs at each other majorca was good aswell and so was prague all were good ...never seen us win away from home ...bring back the good old days back to gorgie

Some of us didn't make the game

image05.jpg

There has to be a classic 'nightmare' story in there ?...........please tell ;)

Archived