Just got Fifa 09

Robertson9

Captain Lithuania
Been dispatched today. So hopefully have it tomorrow. :)

Lucky get.. I think I will wait till friday.. Like a NORMAL person :)

Ibrahim Tall
Ordered of play.com

Very good game.

Feck did you get it so early? Ordered mine off there aswell and it only got dispatched yesterday. Anywhere near as good as Pro or is it still too easy?

I remember Fifa '99. Robbie Winters was playing for Aberdeen and Mottie pronounced his name Vinters, making him sound Dutch. I think the pitch was still at a weird angle.

I remember Fifa '99. Robbie Winters was playing for Aberdeen and Mottie pronounced his name Vinters, making him sound Dutch. I think the pitch was still at a weird angle.

That version of Fifa was superb, you could just run into the box at an angle and smash it into the top c with no effort atall.

Just came by delivery just now thats my day sorted :cool::cool:

Couch potato alert. :P

does anyone remember when hearts had severin in the team, mottie would say severeeeeeein

Griclesfield

before any years were mention ... i had FIFA im sure it was just an international game for the Sega mega drive.

it was rank - running at an angle and no licenses or jack squat ....

oh how times have changed.

jack D and coke
before any years were mention ... i had FIFA im sure it was just an international game for the Sega mega drive.

it was rank - running at an angle and no licenses or jack squat ....

oh how times have changed.

I had the very first one on my Mega Drive, 92 i think it was. FIFA 93 was the first one with the year on it iirc.

Griclesfield

could very well be. think the same players played on both sides no matter who you were.

brilliant.

think the germans IIRC had a player called Schultz ......he was brilliant.

It was called 'International Fifa Soccer' and made in '93. Just checked the box, I still have it along with another 100+ megadrive games and a fully functioning sega megadrive :cool:

Fifa '98 Road to World Cup - it was a great game and lasted me for years.

However, Maurice Malpas.....was black :rolleyes:

there was always mistakes like that. IIRC Gordon Durie was black in one of them.

was that the one where you could play 5 a-sides if so that one last me a good 3years :)

Played the Be a Pro season mode with me up front for Hearts.. scored 3 goals in 4 games so far and got Hibs up next.

Am I the only one who gets a really weird starting line-up full of players I've never heard of mixed in with a couple of proper first teamers?

Oh and Dennis Weeenis was the best. :P

Just got it today and finished my first game. A 4-1 defeat over Hibs :) Kingston got 2, Nade and Driver got 1.

What's up with the lack of alcohol sponsors on the strips? Kinda crappy.

EDIT: Liverpool have the Carlsberg logo but Hibs/Rangers/Celtic don't have Whyte & Mackay/Carling...

Do the hearts players look anything like they do in real life? Where's the console forum gone??

Not in the same region of detail that teams down south get. We get generic black guy with dreads etc.

heartsfc_fan
Just got it today and finished my first game. A 4-1 defeat over Hibs :) Kingston got 2, Nade and Driver got 1.

What's up with the lack of alcohol sponsors on the strips? Kinda crappy.

EDIT: Liverpool have the Carlsberg logo but Hibs/Rangers/Celtic don't have Whyte & Mackay/Carling...

Not in the same region of detail that teams down south get. We get generic black guy with dreads etc.

Due to alcohol things obviously. Liverpool maybe get special allowance, because, well they're Liverpool :rolleyes:

Due to alcohol things obviously. Liverpool maybe get special allowance, because, well they're Liverpool :rolleyes:

Everton also have Chang.

Greedy_Jambo

I think im probably the only person in the world that has had it since this morning and won't be playing it untill tomorrow. Its friday there's just too much beer to be drunk.

For anyone interested in Hearts ratings, not much different from last year.

From memory:

Kello 63

Balogh 52

Basso 64

Banks 63

MacDonald 50

Neilson 70

Jonsson 60

Berra 71

Zaliukas 63

Karipidis 63

Wallace 65

Kingston 75

Driver 71

Obua 63

Mrowiec 61

Stewart 64

Palazuelos 63

Mikoliunas high 60s

Cesnauskis 65

Aguiar 64

Nade 64

Glen 60

Mole 60

Tullberg 57

Makela 62

Rapnik 53

Templeton 53

(These could all be wrong:p)

Played a few games with my mate tonight. Secured my place at the top of our fifa lounge.

Played a game earlier when I first got it hearts v hibs. Thought berra looked quite life-like.

As for stats hearts are crap which is inkeeping with the game being generally very realistic. I like how players sometimes miss the ball etc, means you have to read the game alot more like in real life.

One negative is the players look quite small in relation to the size of the pitch which is huge, anyone else notice this?

Griclesfield

im loving the real life stats for EPL free until the end of 2008/09 season.

Great Idea.

Hearts are poor in it, i played the Edinburgh derby first game and was shocked when Hibs pumped me 3-1. Glen is rapid though . very quick up front . got my goal ...

I dont think its updated the transfers as Fletcher is still at hibs and not in the Real Madrid line up ... wierd.

Archived